• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

high blood pressure from phenibut?

noone1

Bluelighter
My blood pressure has been kind of highish running more in the 130-150 lately when I used to be in the 90-120 just half a year ago. I have a life long anxiety disorder. The other day I took some phenibut 250mg not much and its been months since I've touched the stuff, about an hour later I started panicking pretty bad, took my blood pressure and it was up to 150/75 then 177/80. I don't know if it went down after that cause I don't have a machine I have to go to pharmacies and don't want to attract too much attention (I should probably buy a blood pressure cuff but fear that I will use it 24/7 since I have a touch of OCD)

Anyways This feels like it's happened before on phenibut, I get symptoms of high pressure and anxiety a few hours before it kicks in. Anyone else get this? Everything I'm reading says it should lower heart rate and blood pressure over all. Usually I only go take my blood pressure when I'm really anxious or having a panic attack so I guess this could be a factor too.

Another thing is I'm in constant opiate withdrawal and I'm really boozing it up lately. I have to have at least one standard drink a night and get drunk at least every other day along with the regular opiate regime. I also eat like total shit. I know this can all contribute to high blood pressure. Despite this I exercise regularly and starve myself so I don't look totally awful physically. I am normal weight for my height, etc.

Any other older (or otherwise) bluelighters that have found their health sliding because of drugs that want to comment? I plan on seeing the doctor soon but wondering if I should worry. I know I should quit the alcohol asap but find it difficult, I get bored and it's easy to justify it when I see people much worse off than I with such little self control.