• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 391: Extreme Closeups (Voting Closed)

Please choose your favorite entry!

• toothpastedog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • malakaix

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • dreamflyer

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • herbavore

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Xorkoth

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This round's theme is Extreme Closeups, suggested by current Flectionshotmeister, Xorkoth.

CONGRATS on our new Closeupshotmeister XORKOTH!

VOTING Closed! It took a little while to heat up, but the competition does not disappoint once again. These entries are pretty stunning all around. Good luck contestants!!! :)

1. toothpastedog

2. malakaix

3. dreamflyer

4. herbavore

5. Xorkoth

6. CFC

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until August 31st.
  3. Voting will be open from September 1st - 8th.
  4. Photograph or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Closeupshotmeister.
  9. Don't be a dummy! Vote and don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competition.
Next Round's Theme: who knows. make a suggestion here.

Thank you and have fun!

*Given this round's theme, please use NSFW tags where appropriate ;)
**Also, if an extreme closeup isn't possible but just a "regular" old closeup, I think we'll accept those too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some of these, but at the moment I can't muster the will to locate them... but I'll submit something. :) I've always loved photographing tiny things and making them look big, like viewing them on their scale.

I'd love to contribute TPD, but I don't have the means to take macros, just smartphone zoomed/enlarged pics :\

Normal close ups count too! I definitely don't have the gear for an extreme close up, so I'm in the same boat. I have a sneaking suspicion this round might have an extended deadline ;)

I know I have some somewhere, just gotta find them on a thumb drive somewhere. I'll make a submission, hopefully it won't be the only one! I figured some people would be into macrophotography. I've always enjoyed trying to take pictures that show something in a perspective that we don't/can't normally see because we're way bigger than it. :)

Ha ha, I just got an awesome close-up of some freaky looking bumble bee pollinating a flower! You can even see the pollen on it's butt 8o

I'll have to put it up there, if only for the fact that I know it'll trip a lot of you out (in a good way)!

Dreamflyer

Normal close ups count too! I definitely don't have the gear for an extreme close up, so I'm in the same boat. I have a sneaking suspicion this round might have an extended deadline ;)

Yeah, mine was only taken with a cel phone too but the graphics on there never cease to amaze me. (I'm afraid of bees too; I suffer for my art!)

Thanks for that Ali! That is both awesome and will get me to check the previous topics before choosing a new one next time ;)

I'm excited to see Dreamflyer's and Xorkoth's entrees, and making one of my own :)

I hope someone does some IT or computer tech for this round too (that itself would make a good topic for future consideration).

Oh man, the weather was perfect the other day and I went on a crazy close-up taking spree! Now I'm not sure which one to enter.

I don't even care about the contest part; I just have fun sharing them. I still can't believe that the old Samsung Galaxy 3 Express phone I got free with my plan has this kind of camera built in. I've had this thing for at least a couple years and never knew until about a few days ago!

Right now it's a tossup between one of the pollen-making part of a flower (I believe it's called the "anther", for my fellow botany geeks) that looks like some trippy underwater scene with coral, or a similar one that looks like flames coming out of a volcano.

I had a look through my photos and nothing half-decent really fits this category. If I see something around that might make a nice close-up I'll take a pic though :)

I dug up an old DSLR camera I had some photos on, found this.

hwnJup1.jpg

A COUPLE QUICK QUESTIONS:

Greetings!!! Just wanted to confirm a couple things...

1. Do I just post my pic here as a Quick Reply or is there a separate thread?

2. Should I title it (and if so, where/how)?

I'm on my way over to the Testing Grounds...

Thanks so much :D
Dreamflyer

Nope, post it in a reply to this thread using the directions given in the OP. Looking forward to your entry! :)

Okay, I re-did it through Imagur. Hopefully you can all see it this time...

kOGpN8r.jpg

"Heart of a Flower" by Dreamflyer

Hope you enjoy!!! :D

For some reason that doesn't seem to work with the hosting site you've used. Try uploading it to Imgur.

And thank you for your submission malakaix!

For some reason that doesn't seem to work with the hosting site you've used. Try uploading it to Imgur.

Hmm... that's really bizarre. I can see it on my end. Let me know if you still don't have it and I'll try to find another way. I might have to get help from technical assistance.

(When I used Imagur, I just got a little "x" in a box. This is through SmugMug.)

Thanks again :D