• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 391: Extreme Closeups (Voting Closed)

Please choose your favorite entry!

• toothpastedog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • malakaix

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • dreamflyer

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • herbavore

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Xorkoth

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks herby ;) Just a little Samsung phone lol. I'm surprised it was able to zoom in with any clarity. My last 'proper' camera was stolen, and I've never replaced it.

Nice, it's pretty, I like the colors too. :) Some phones take really surprisingly great photos... my submission was from my iPhone, it was 4 years old too, just got a new one and it's even better at pictures.

Heh heh I had a feeling this would be a "flexible deadline" :)

I'll be closing the thread and putting up a poll for voting later tonight, so if anyone has any last minute submissions, you have a few more hours until submissions officially are closed!

Fug it, decided to keep it open for submission until the 31st. OP updated. Bring on those last minutes submissions folks!

BTW CFC, nice ladybug :) I feel like pictures of those gotta be good luck for the picture taker!

I missed the submission date, but finally got a little close-up of a Ladybird anyway. Yes it's a pretty mediocre effort lol, but I like the colours and Ladybirds so there ;) :p

20170829_185143.jpg

Aw, magic. So rare to see them nowadays; looks surreal. Beautiful creatures - love the purple against their 'varnished' patterned and coloured shell .=D

I totally missed Xork's entry earlier. WOW. Such pretty icicles!

VOTING OPEN! :)

i'm a sucker for them ladybugs ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
and i also forgot agaaaain to submit ahahha my life

Thanks gals&guys. Funny how they're called Ladybugs in the states and we call them Ladybirds in the UK. They're clearly not birds ;)

This one (2-spot type) is actually very rare now - most of the native Ladybirds have been killed off by invasive Asian Harlequin Ladybirds in the last 10 years, which have lots more spots.

I'm so sorry, my mom's not doing well and I wanted to explain everything, but I was switching between two different computers and one wasn't working. I thought that I had deleted my original post and sent a new one, but I ended up editing the first one and pasting part of an old one so I realize that none of it made any sense.

Anyway, I begged her to go to the ER for two days but she refused and said that she was all better. She was laughing and working in the yard and everything. Now everybody's saying that I should have called 911 myself and that it'll be my fault if anything happens to her.

This is my worst nightmare come to life. I always worry about doing or saying something that puts somebody else in danger and feeling responsible anyway. Now, not only is that actually happening but it's my mom.

I had a lot of old posts from different forums where I talked about things like medications that helped me in the past. I don't want to give anyone the wrong information or advice, so I decided to delete all of them and not post any new ones.

I'm sorry for making this so confusing. I didn't want to disappear without trying to explain, but I didn't have time to fix my posts and didn't even realize that I sent half of the wrong one. I hope this makes more sense. I'll try to post this on the other forums before I have to get off this computer, because I don't know if and when I'll have access to one again.

I love everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, we love you too, not sure what's going on, but I'm here if you need to talk, you can PM me. <3

I had to vote for Xorky even though he is dominating this place ;). That is just such an amazing photo.

Congrats on remaining the running LAVA photo contest champ Xorkoth!

If anyone has suggestions for the next round's theme, please share it with us!

To all the contestants, than you for your entries. To all who voted, thank you for your participation!

I'm excited for our upcoming round once we choose a theme for it :)

Macroshotmeister? LOL

I'm tempted to suggest something like insects or living things, but that's because my yard is teeming with them and I've been lucky (and patient) enough to get some mind-blowing shots. I have one of a dragonfly that looks like a drone, taken one second before it flew into my camera phone!

I'll go check out that link to see what's already been done...

Have fun!!!
Dreamflyer :D

Haha, thanks guys, glad you like them. :) Someone else suggest a topic, because if I do I'll probably choose something else I know I might win, because I like certain types of photography and well, why wouldn't I choose those types? :D

I just got back from a Colorado vacation... took a lot of pictures of mountains and clouds and other landscape-related things.