• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Addicted to stripping

Captainzo

Greenlighter
I'm just about to finish my graduate school. There has been a lot of opportunities offered to me as a pharmacist and also few different pharmaceutical companies has offered me jobs. But I don't mean to sound greedy but since I'll be right out of grad school the pay is okay compared to the lifestyle I've been living. I haven't danced in years, but when I used to I would make 5k a week!!! I've been married the last few years so I stopped. My husband just past away and I don't know how I would pay all of our (now my) bills without going back to stripping. I do miss the money, but I feel horrible doing it because I feel like I'm betraying my husband. I'm not one of those girls who does extras but I know it's still wrong. My friends tell me to go back and take advantage of how I look now because I'm in my late 20s and can't be doing this in my 30s. I can't lie I do want to strip again but is it wrong? Or greedy?

Go with what feels best for you, and don't let others influence your life's choices

If it feels wrong to you out of fidelity to your husband's memory then it may not be the best solution. I would imagine you are still living with quite a bit of grief. I do not see it as greedy in any way. I guess you could try it and see how it feels once it is not just an idea but I really would not suggest doing it if it is going to make an already difficult emotional time even more difficult. I'm sorry for your loss.<3

Thank you fresco and herbavore but I think I'm going to try it. I know even though my husband is dead i still consider myself married but when I used to dance it was some what theriputic in a fucked up way. It made me more confident and making good money has always made me feel better in the past

I'd consider what you will be doing when you decide you want to stop stripping or no longer make enough stripping. Is it something you will be able to put on your resume? will it lead to other and greater job opportunities? Does it offer benefits such as retirement, career advancement and health benefits?

I would think it might be financially beneficial in the short term but in the long run it may set you back. Working as a pharmacist would have greater long term benefits I would think.

yeah, in my opinion there no morality problem (besides your own feelings, you should be 100% in control of what you do with your body and shouldn't be ashamed if you make money with it), but the above poster is right that it is nothing you might wanna put into a CV and if you leave it out, potential future employers might wonder about the gap. not saying that it should be that way, but that's unfortunately the way society is.

You'll make more money stripping than you will with a PhD these days.

Maybe in the short run. I haven't heard of too many strippers in their 40s raking it in. Most career orientated jobs start at a lower salary and really pick up once you get experience. Benefits should be factored into the equation as well IMO..

Are you an actual pharmacist? I ask because you realize the money isnt half bad right? Nothing against you stripping, I rather like strippers, but you can make more than adequate money just working for Walgreens.

The money you get for dancing a few hours a night can be so ridiculous that I do not judge or look down upon this at all. You are making more in a month than most people make a year. No legal risk, no one gets hurt, it's safe harmless entertainment that requires little stress or sweat compared to the compensation. Invest well, don't throw it away on drugs, and by the time you age out you'll have enough to cover a nice house and a professional degree without taking out a loan.

My advice: Shake dat ass, watch yourself, and rake the cash.

Hi,

I am just wondering if you might give yourself more time to grieve your husband's death until such time as you feel really single again and would not have the guilt about stripping because you still feel married. It may take a some time, but you can work as a pharmacist until that occurs and do pretty well financially. Do you really have so many bills at this point that you could not do this and would need the huge influx of cash from stripping to make ends meet? If you do, you might want to look into getting a loan to consolidate all your bills so you have one payment that hopefully would be less than what you are paying each month for each of them individually and that your pharmacy salary would pay for. Just some thoughts........

yeah, in my opinion there no morality problem (besides your own feelings, you should be 100% in control of what you do with your body and shouldn't be ashamed if you make money with it), but the above poster is right that it is nothing you might wanna put into a CV and if you leave it out, potential future employers might wonder about the gap. not saying that it should be that way, but that's unfortunately the way society is.

It's a good point. As you'll need to fill in your dates with an occupation, if you leave it blank it may seem as lack of experience on your next job, or while pursuing a career. I always remember my evaluations when they ask me where I see myself in 5 or 10 years from now. And how realistic that could actually be. Whatever is your choice I'm sorry for your loss.

I've seen plenty of hot strippers who were over 30.... If it makes you happy and you do it with class, why not? Listen to your heart

I may be totally off base here, but I would seriously consult more than one career advisor/headhunter to discuss the CV question. Assuming you are a reliable employee that has worked steadily at a respectable known club, (and you can get well-written references from employers), it may be a mistake to place a gap in your resume when you've been working regularly to support yourself. It is a real job, it requires honest work and effort and skill to succeed. You are not an object or a criminal; you are a legitimate performer/entertainer. And it is an atmosphere that requires people skills, training, and psychological tenacity to suceed. You earn and deserve the money you make. If you are working in a field that requires reliability, confidence, and interpersonal skills and can comfortably discuss how your experiences have led to a relevent life perspective or persistance to support yourself...there may be plenty of ways to make this stand out in a deeply humanizing way. Whether you explain how your experiences gave a unique social perspective or simply a means to realistically finance a greater ambition, academic institiutions in particular and even many emoloyers will not dismiss it out of hand without wanting to hear your story. It is audacious and brave and may reflect very well depending on your job history and ability to sell yourself in an interview.

Obviously there are industries and professions that will lead to unfair discrimination. However, any decent education institute worth your money will allow you to have a voice and respect it more than someone who did not have to earn their own way. After grad/professional school, it won't be necessary to mention because they will only care about your most recent academic and healthcare experience.

Just something to think about if you do seriously persue a healthcare related profession. You have a unique and valuable social perspective and an opportunity to stand out and really disarm an admissions committe that wants a more diverse student population than the thousands of pre-med myopic standard fare blather they will be inundated with.

I'm just about to finish my graduate school. There has been a lot of opportunities offered to me as a pharmacist and also few different pharmaceutical companies has offered me jobs. But I don't mean to sound greedy but since I'll be right out of grad school the pay is okay compared to the lifestyle I've been living. I haven't danced in years, but when I used to I would make 5k a week!!! I've been married the last few years so I stopped. My husband just past away and I don't know how I would pay all of our (now my) bills without going back to stripping. I do miss the money, but I feel horrible doing it because I feel like I'm betraying my husband. I'm not one of those girls who does extras but I know it's still wrong. My friends tell me to go back and take advantage of how I look now because I'm in my late 20s and can't be doing this in my 30s. I can't lie I do want to strip again but is it wrong? Or greedy?

Ok first off, this doesn't make you "addicted" to stripping. Sounds like you just want the money. I've done sex work before, the money is crazy good. For me I felt like it was slowly destroying my soul, but I was prostituting, which is a lot more severe than stripping.

Ask yourself this, if your husband were still here, what do you think he would think about you doing this? Consider that, then consider how YOU feel about doing this, both from your own feelings on stripping, and what you think your husbands would have been. Then, ask yourself if, knowing that, you think that doing this would eat away at you in the long term. If the answer is no, then by all means go for it. But I would be cautious about getting back into it if you think it would gnaw at you little by little every time you went to work. It might not be worth how it could affect you mentally.

Only you know the answer to that. It all depends on how you feel about it. Forget what your friends say, they're not the ones doing it. And it probably isn't worth it if it will damage you emotionally. And that's the real question here, will it? If not, go for it. If it will, I'd seriously ask yourself if you really think it's worth it and how it might affect you in the long term. It doesn't sound like you have any issues with it in the sense of feeling exploited like a lot of girls do, but it could still be damaging if you're always going to be thinking of your husband and feeling guilt doing it. Which is why I think you should ask yourself if you think that would happen, and if you think it's still worth doing.

Cause it will end eventually, and you don't want to be worse off emotionally when it does, which is the other part of this question. Will doing this make things harder when you eventually get out? Not just emotionally, but with finding another job.