View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is powdered LSD? Experiences?

PupperCollector

Greenlighter
I heard of this for the first time yesterday, but it sounds really sketchy to me. I doubt real LSD comes in powder form. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows about it. Plus how would you even take it? Do you snort it or what? Also how would you measure dosage?

I heard of this for the first time yesterday, but it sounds really sketchy to me. I doubt real LSD comes in powder form. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows about it. Plus how would you even take it? Do you snort it or what? Also how would you measure dosage?

It is possible that someone would sell crystalline LSD ground down to a powder. However, that stuff would not be for snorting or filling into capsules. Remember, LSD is extremely potent, with the average "hit" being less than 100 micrograms (compare that to, say, MDMA, where a typical dose is 100 miligrams, or 100,000 micrograms). You'd have to use volumetric dosing, i.e. weighing an amount measured in the tens of miligrams or more, and making a solution that can be used to lay blotters or be sold in dropper bottles.

Yes, someone could theoretically mix up a powder with an LSD content that's low enough for snorting, but I don't think it would be particularly practical... you can't just mix in the filler by hand like people would when stepping on coke - you'd have to use semi-professional equipment to prevent even the tiniest of hot spots (I assume people used to do that back in the 60's, when LSD often came in pressed tablet form).

So yeah... either sketchy af, or probably not of interest to you unless you're planning to lay hundreds of blotters.

All LSD is solid at some point. It gets diluted in a solution in order to dose out onto a medium like candies or blotters, where it recrystallizes after the alcohol or whatever solution is used has evaporated.

I think anybody with access to crystal LSD would not likely be selling doses in a powder of some sort i.e mixing single doses with an innert chem, or selling <mg pure doses of LSD. It would be very backwards and cumbersome.

More likely is that you have a tryptamine/phenethylamine RC of some sort.

Last edited:
As others have said, LSD is a crystalline solid, the reason it comes as liquid is just because the dose is so tiny it's not something you can measure with a scale, so it's mixed with liquid for dosing. The new RC lysergamides (including ALD-52 and 1p-LSD which turn into LSD in the body) are sold on blotters or as powder. But the amount of powder that's a dose is microscopic (like, you MIGHT be able to see it with the naked eye if you look really, really carefully). So it seems most likely you've got something else, unless it's a very small amount of powder being sold for a lot of money... even then I don't know why someone wouldn't put it in a vial with liquid or lay blotters, seems irresponsible to sell powdered lysergamides.

(Set to the hokey pokey)

you put your thumbrpint in

Your thumbprint out

Your thumbprint in

and stick it in your mouth

you do the Lysergic acid diethylamide

and turn yourself inside out.

Thanks everyone for the replies and knowledge. I'm just gonna avoid it tbh, sounds like it would be a bad idea, real or not haha...

Thanks everyone for the replies and knowledge. I'm just gonna avoid it tbh, sounds like it would be a bad idea, real or not haha...
Sounds like a good idea. I can 99% guarantee you that anyone trying to sell you LSD in powdered form is either selling you some cheap RC tryp or phen, or they're just a dumbass and really think they have powdered LSD. It's just very, very uncommon and unusual to come across. If you ever did get some, test it with a kit. I'd be amazed if you had the real thing! You'd have to be close to the chemist to really get it I'd think.

I have an older friend who was a teenager in the early 1970s. Back then, he and his friends actually did come across LSD in powder form once. From what he told me, I gather that it really was LSD and it was very strong. It was taken orally. It sounded very impractical for reasons others mentioned. I have no idea how it was measured out as a very small amount went a long way. Of the one or two cases where LSD was suspected in fatalities, at least one of them involved LSD in powdered form [where the victim mistakened it for cocaine and ingested a huge dose of it].

Sounds very dangerous to me, as i reckon a tiny bit is potent as hell, and most are used to 'big lines' when it comes to powders. Maybe a nice stunt for the dealer's sales, but will most likely end in overdosing customers. I'd hate to think what would happen to me on a 1500ug trip. *eeek*

I have an older friend who was a teenager in the early 1970s. Back then, he and his friends actually did come across LSD in powder form once. From what he told me, I gather that it really was LSD and it was very strong. It was taken orally. It sounded very impractical for reasons others mentioned. I have no idea how it was measured out as a very small amount went a long way. Of the one or two cases where LSD was suspected in fatalities, at least one of them involved LSD in powdered form [where the victim mistakened it for cocaine and ingested a huge dose of it].

Back in the 60's it was common for LSD to be sold as pressed pills instead of blotter. It would make sense if someone also sold leftover un-pressed powder mix that could be filled into gel caps, for example.

But, again, keep in mind that these pressed pills (and thus the powder they were made from) contained only a fraction of a percent of LSD. Even microdots (which were only 2-3mm in diameter!) would only have been ~1-3% LSD.
Pure LSD is simply too potent to dose in powdered form. The 100µg in a standard "hit" would be a speck of dust so tiny that it would be barely visible to the naked eye.

Look at the microdot on this pic: Yes, this thing is less than 1/10th of an inch across, and yet it contains 7,500(!) micrograms of material.

pill_dimensions1.jpg

Beyond the sheer unlikelihood:
Try to get info on the supposed dosage. If it matches the potency of LSD that's something... if not then you pretty much know enough, you can also use an Ehrlich's test but also shows the presence of tryptamines so only a negative would tell you something.
If you can't get that dosage info or more precise details then IMO credibility is lost regardless of what is advertised or as what. So a message to all is: have questions like that ready anytime someone proposes or mentions something like this: what is the composition, the potency and where did it originate?
Realize that technically they could cut potent compounds like LSD so my suggestions are more about trying to find cracks in the story than outright confirming what is in that product.

If real LSD or even 1P-LSD etc it would be so unreasonably expensive for visible and significant quantities of a powder that you probably wouldn't sell or buy it so casually unless you are so close to a source that I would have to wonder how you are unable to get other kinds of confirmation, seems like you'd have to be 'initiated'.

Actually, it could be 1P-LSD or ETH LAD or another lysergamide in powder form, likely not lsd 25 though.
I know that one of the tryptamine/lysergamide vendors is currently selling 10 milligrams of ETH LAD and 1P powder at a pretty reasonable price if u ask me. I think a lot of us here could afford it right now without breaking our bank accounts, in fact a lot of us probably spend the same amount or more in one night partying or clubbing.

That said....who would re sell the powder? I personally thought of buying the powder for personal use, and dissolving it and laying it on sweet tarts or something for personal and close friend use. But It would be hard to sell. 1 mg of ETH LAD of course is very small and would provide 10 decent doses. I think anyone would realize it is just easier and safer to lay it then sell it as powder

Back in the 60's it was common for LSD to be sold as pressed pills instead of blotter. It would make sense if someone also sold leftover un-pressed powder mix that could be filled into gel caps, for example.

But, again, keep in mind that these pressed pills (and thus the powder they were made from) contained only a fraction of a percent of LSD. Even microdots (which were only 2-3mm in diameter!) would only have been ~1-3% LSD.
Pure LSD is simply too potent to dose in powdered form. The 100µg in a standard "hit" would be a speck of dust so tiny that it would be barely visible to the naked eye.

Look at the microdot on this pic: Yes, this thing is less than 1/10th of an inch across, and yet it contains 7,500(!) micrograms of material.

pill_dimensions1.jpg

7.5 mg 8o

Jesus fucking christ!

^thats just the pill weight. The binders etc. It's probably 200 micrograms at most of actual lsd

I was, but i stand corrected.

My mind is still recovering from new year's festivities ;)

Actually, it could be 1P-LSD or ETH LAD or another lysergamide in powder form, likely not lsd 25 though.
I know that one of the tryptamine/lysergamide vendors is currently selling 10 milligrams of ETH LAD and 1P powder at a pretty reasonable price if u ask me. I think a lot of us here could afford it right now without breaking our bank accounts, in fact a lot of us probably spend the same amount or more in one night partying or clubbing.

That said....who would re sell the powder? I personally thought of buying the powder for personal use, and dissolving it and laying it on sweet tarts or something for personal and close friend use. But It would be hard to sell. 1 mg of ETH LAD of course is very small and would provide 10 decent doses. I think anyone would realize it is just easier and safer to lay it then sell it as powder

That is true, I have crystal AL-LAD... but it is a very small amount so even if you crush it is not what I imagine with the word 'powder'. It is used to make small amounts of liquid AL-LAD with a micro dropper etc. :)

It's also the reason I got a sub mg balance (to answer the OP how to measure it), nowadays just very practical for weighing a dose of melatonin or occasionally a drug but usually ingredients for agar (for mushroom cultivation). You can also use a mg scale if it is a good calibrated one and you are making a big enough batch volumetrically to be able to weigh it on a mg scale, above 10 mg or preferably 20 mg?