• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nutmeg/7 tbsp.) + (DXM/300mg) + (Alcohol/5) First time: Singing Air Conditioner

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
Let me start out by saying nutmeg is nuts. It can turn you into a nut. This is not something that should be messed with without caution. You could easily end up in a bad trip and feel like you have the flu for up to 24 hours. It's not hard to end up taking too much. So start out with a small dose the first time and build from their.

I started by taking 3 tbsp. of some ancient pre-ground nutmeg powder found in the kitchen cabinet. At 8:00 pm. after finishing the dose, drank a dose of alcohol in the form of 4 loko (4 shots or beers worth I guesstimate) followed by another small beer. I drank them slowly and was feeling pretty good, nice buzz and that amazing feeling, that alcohol gives. So I'm playing guitar, enjoying the alcohol buzz, waiting for any effects from nut powder.....when I decided to go get more booze, and more drunk.

Riding the bike to the store, having an amazing time. Get to the store. It is past 3 am so I cannot get any more booze, that is store policy. So I am going to buy vanilla & orange extract to keep the alcohol buzz going. Kind of lame, but it does the trick, almost as strong as vodka or rum. Well....right their.....next to the extracts, is organic pre-ground nutmeg. It has been over 5 hours since the first nutmeg dose was taken, and was feeling very minor effects, so I decided to get the nutmeg at the store. I also picked up some DXM, 300 mg, to combine with the nutmeg, and alcohol. I could not wait to witness the beauty that was coming. It must be amazing when it kicks in.

So I dosed the 300 mgs of DXM, while at the store. Now I get back home and dose the nutmeg. The other batch was old and had been sitting in the cabinet for who knows how long and must had been low in potency. I am feeling effects but very minor. So I decide to dose another 4 tbsp., this time organic brand new nut powder! So I just sat their feeling funny. I had to just sit their and chill. Relax. Because the DXM was coming up. Felt sick, you know that feeling from DXM, that feels like you just ate a whole bottle of cough medicine gel cap pills. Not too bad but was kind of intense so just sat and chilled. Don't believe when people say you can't trip on the pre ground you buy at the store. If it isn't old, and you just bought it, then you may trip. I sure did. Mine was organic, and organic nutmeg was the only ingredient.

So now I take a shot of the vanilla extract. Feeling very nice buzz and feeling excellent. Just sat their playing guitar for like an hour. Having a blast. I felt like some singer from the 70s or 80s. The sun began to rise. It is early morning. I am still on DXM, and begin to feel the nutmegs effects, but just starting to come up, not near peak or full effects. Pretty much just chilled back and meditation for a while. Played more guitar, while finishing the last of the extracts. Really nice buzz again.

The nutmeg and dxm combo felt very strange. I then started to feel sick. Like in my body. Nothing seemed real. Started to get intense. My body began to feel slightly sweaty and shaky, but very mild nothing severe. I had to use my experience with high doses of DXM in the past and how to calm down when it is getting intense. I could have freaked out but all I had to do was calm down and relax.

I had to confront and face the parts of myself that I needed to work on, or things that I wasn't conscious of before that were effecting my life negatively, were seen more clearly. Their is a sense of delirium with this substance, like dph in a way, kind of disturbing. Like madness. At the beginning of the trip, I actually felt low, rather than high. Like I was low because I was being weighed down, Like My body was a giant nut, weighing several tons. The body load........if you have tripped HBWR seeds, you know how this feels.

I had become a nut. I lay on my back, feeling like a giant nutmeg nut. So heavy, nostalgic of an LSA body load. I had gone nuts. The body load was heavy and intense. It was awful. Very unpleasant and though similar to the LSA body load, this had a sick feeling. As if I took a toxic substance that has made me sick. But nothing too bad. It just felt unpleasant and my mouth was as dry as a desert and eyes as if I smoked a fat blunt. I just wanted it to be over. But I had to ride it out. I could feel the taste, and feeling of the nutmeg nut, in my mouth and digesting in my stomach/body, like the spirit of nutmeg nut.

The body load was awful, but once that dissipated it actually felt rather nice. Sensations of relaxation and euphoria similar to cannabis had covered my body like a blanket. Everything was moving slightly, and my arms looked weird like a painting or actually, my arms kind of looked like flowing water. My air conditioner was extremely loud, and it seemed I could hear the very detail of every sound the fan/air conditioner was producing. It sounded really strange, and kind of like water. Its like I was tapping in to the detail of sound, or was picking up different sounds I couldn't hear before or wasn't aware of. Like the air conditioner was making so many very pronounced and just sounds like water or air, it was so loud.

A very talented and gifted singer passed away at the time of my trip, and I found out while I was tripping. I was watching youtube videos all night in memory of the famous singer, like his interviews and stuff he has a lot of positive and encouraging messages and is like a wise teacher in his interviews. Interesting.

Well it had been over 12 hours since I started tripping at this point and though the body load was gone, still tripping and high. Actually, I can't believe how similar this felt to bud, like a firecracker weed edible. I was still on youtube with headphones in when I heard what sounded like voices or people talking out in the yard, but the air conditioner was so loud too, like not annoying like really loud, but it was so pronounced like the details of the many different sound the fan/air conditioner was making. I heard the voices a couple more times, but am not sure if it was actually people talking in my yard or auditory hallucinations. Like my brother might have friends over. or neighbors.

This singer was so inspiring in his interviews on youtube while I was still tripping seeing my walls moving and all that. I could not believe this. It's like a cannabis high, but lasting up to 24 hours. I can't complain with that. Very interesting, my room looks like a painting or work of art.

It had been over 24 hours since I slept. This added to the deliriant/dph feel to the trip. I stayed up for 33 hours just about at this point. So yeah everything is still moving and breathing. And the peoples faces looked all trippy and weird, like on DXM Peoples faces look trippy as shit.
Well anyway still watching youtube videos with headphones on, I start to hear really weird noises and sounds in my air conditioner. Paused the youtube video to examine. Just I guess auditory hallucinations. Like juat mysterious odd strange like sounds and noises. Hard to describe but sounds like wind and sounds like underwater voices. Kind of hear voices but they sound underwater and alien. It all seems to be blended in with the sounds of my fan/air conditioner that keeps me cool in the summer, thats really cool.

The air conditioner was just making sound I could hear the detail of the sound and it was making many different sounds and they weren't LOUD, but just pronounced and i dont know. In the sound of my air conditioner, a long with sounds like dripping and underwater sounds, air and wind sounds, was just strange sounds and even voices, but like I said underwater. It sounded like the air conditioner was breathing, but one long continuous never ending breath instead of in out.

It was freaky and weird and I first I kept saying to myself like this is weird I don't think I like this. But then just kept watching youtube videos, still hearing weird sounds in the background. I also saw static or like movements in the corner of my eye, like blobs of color.

Interesting experience. Was awful at first, and wouldn't want to repeat that part of the trip again. After the body-load went away, it wasn't too bad. Very relaxing. Very trippy and colorful. I still can't believe how similar this was too a cannabis edible high, like a firecracker, but lasting hours and hours upon end. I had the munchies, cotton mouth, bloodshot eyes. Dehydration. The fruit I ate was soo good it helped the dry mouth.

So I would say it was an interesting experience and other than the first part of the trip with the heavy body load and sick feeling in the body, it was well worth it I suppose and I enjoyed the trip following the body load. I would recommend starting with a really low dose and not re dosing if it doesn't work. But wait and try a higher dose like a week later until you hit the right spot. I would never recommend mixing drugs, without experience or caution. Some drug combos can be dangerous. Though I did in this trip report, I do not recommend anyone combine DXM with nutmeg.

I'm not nuts about nutmeg, but it is worth it to try just for the experience if you do it right and not take too much the first time. Be careful though, you could get really sick and don't have anything planned for the next 2-3 days. That is how long you will trip.

substancecode_nutmeg
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_alcohol
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload

Last edited by a moderator:
That was well-written especially considering you were still on it while you were writing it (right?). Sounds interesting, and dangerous (as you noted). Thanks for sharing. :)

Agreed. DXM always turned my writing and general communication skill into that of a developmentally delayed middle schooler :\ (and that isn't a joke...) Anyways, great report OP! :)

I'm curious as to how else you've used nutmeg. I've experimented with it a bit, but not more than once or twice, without much success to speak of for better or worse :(

How else I've used nutmeg? Well just eating the whole nutmeg nuts before, chased down with chocolate milk. That is the only other way besides pre-ground (already bought ground up to powder when you buy it).

I took it with a drink and took tiny bits at a time. Instead of eating the powder all at once, like the whole dose, I took small amounts and took the dose over 30 minutes. That way, you don't have the nasty taste in your mouth which can make you gag. If you don't drink something to flush it down, it will stick to the back of your mouth and throat and make you want to gag, especially if you take the entire dose all at once.

Hey, I just edited your post with some search-related tags (we're trying to get this place better organized and make it easier to find reports).

Incredibly coherent and descriptive Trip report. It is good to see a recent anecdotal account of nutmeg and its constituents. Have you heard of black pepper altering the metabolism of nutmeg and potentially increasing its subjective positive effects?

Last edited:
Incredibly coherent and descriptive Trip report. It is good to see a recent anecdotal account of nutmeg and its constituents. Have you heard of black pepper altering the metabolism of nutmeg and potentially increasing its subjective positive effects?

Woah really?

The last few times I did Tiletamine the air conditioner became deafeningly loud, despite the increase in tinnitus. Most of the time I can hear those sounds if all is quite and I’m focussed on it.... but on these occasions it even overpowered the tv/music in the background. At one point I even came to standing in the furnace room, listening, wondering how long is been there lol