• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smokin' Hemp Buds for CBD Content

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Now that hemp and CBD are essentially legal in all 50 states (to possess, not to grow), I've taken up daily use of them. I find that the hemp buds are sort of nice when smoked, especially if THC makes you anxious like it does me. You can also brew them into a tea or use a fatty substance like butter or coconut oil to extract the good stuff. The effects are subtle but noticeable. It's like only getting the calming half of the weed high. I imagine hemp would go better in a spliff than tobacco & doesn't carry the health risks of tobacco.

There are several "strains" of hemp, such as Futura 75, Felina 32 & Ferimon 12 (not sure why they always have numbers in the name, lol). IDK which strain I tried but you could see some trichomes/whatever on there if you look reallllly close. High-CBD female hemp buds are apparently a thing that's becoming popular with the change in laws.

I know there are people here who love smoking weed but don't love the anxiety of super potent buds, so just thought I'd share. I also find vaping CBD to be especially calming & even sedating at higher doses. Since CBD isn't 100% bioavailable orally, vaping is the most efficient way to get it into your bloodstream, as it bypasses the stomach, liver, etc. I use one of those cheap vape pens that you charge on your laptop w/ a USB cord. My mom liked it so much she bought her own. =D

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else was into hemp or CBD. (The state I was living in just legalized pot recreationally, but I moved a month before the shops opened. Now even mmj is illegal where I live. FML, lol).

Hemp strains have numbers because that's how you pick the industrial strains out of a catalog.

It's not gonna be a good smoke though. Whereas cannabis can have 20-30% cannabinoids, hemp generally has 1-2% total (including CBD). They don't cultivate hemp to be high in CBD either (for the most part, with the notable exceptions of the CO stock that is grown expressly for that purpose). Generally they're concentrating very low CBD content material with nasty chemicals to make the "hemp CBD" products you see in stores (which is why it's generally not recommended to use those as medicine).