• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Blood pressure 199/101, and HR 117

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello

I have used some amphetamine today, but actually less than I usually use. It seems my tolerance is getting LOWER when I frequently use this drug. Anyone got an idea what the eff is up?

To the point: at the moment, my blood pressure is 199/101 with a HR of 117. This was resting, sitting down. We ran it thrice and this was the mean result.

Is this dangerous?

How long ago have you taken it? It could be anything and dont rule out dangers just yet.

Holy God that's a high bp! That's my typical heart rate at the doctors' office, but it usually hovers around 75 bpm at home.

But that blood pressure is worrying. If it keeps up, get help ASAP. That's stroke territory IMO.

Hello

I have used some amphetamine today, but actually less than I usually use. It seems my tolerance is getting LOWER when I frequently use this drug. Anyone got an idea what the eff is up?

To the point: at the moment, my blood pressure is 199/101 with a HR of 117. This was resting, sitting down. We ran it thrice and this was the mean result.

Is this dangerous?

Well, if you use a beta-blocker you might get an adrenal blockage, so...got any benzos? Lol.

I miss this site.

Thanks for your answers. I'm fairly sure the BP has gone down now, but I still feel a little bit of pain in the heart at moments.

I can't figure out if my chest pain has been due to anxiety or due to actual heart pain.

I'm stopping this abuse now. Perhaps I can go back to using it once a week or something like that, but for now - no more speed. I just wonder if I've created permanent damage to my heart or cardiovascular system.

I might fail in the process of stopping amph - I couldn't quit heroin without buprenorphine. My life will feel so pointless and horrible without amphetamine. I'm already, like 12 hours after last use, planning to quit my anti-depressants, just to be able to try MDMA or LSD. I'm thinking like ... sure, the dopamine systemm is f'd, but I should be able to use serotonergic drugs without much problems, right? Why does everything euphoric have to be so dangerous?

According to webmd you should seek immediate crisis emergency care for a bp that high

It's flomax a beta blocker? I noticed it helps me come down from amphetamines, I take flomax for a prostate issue, in case anyone thinks I'm stupidly taking just for a comedown lol

It's flomax a beta blocker? I noticed it helps me come down from amphetamines, I take flomax for a prostate issue, in case anyone thinks I'm stupidly taking just for a comedown lol

No you're good, if you use it chronically, and unrelated to your amp abuse that's fine. The problem occurs when you never use beta-b and you use it in higher amounts when your at the peak of your amp high and got bp similar to the OP in here. The heart needs to understand the messages coming through the spinal column from the brain. If there is a huge un-natural discrepancy between neurotransmitters, it goes like "I don't understand this gibberish, I wasn't designed for this, I'm out." This BP is ER grade so it's not good, but understand that even if the rest of the body is at risk, like the brain being at risk for stroke, the heart itself is happy, it's working properly. If you toy around with neurotransmitters yourself to bring the bp down you might just stop your heart lol.

Thanks everyone. I think that was 6-9 hours after last usage (hopefully my last usage for a while).

Today my BP was 165/85 and I bought myself some benzo (3 mg of Alprazolam and 4 mg Clonazepam ... but it still doesn't feel like enough).

What bothers me most is that I still have this awkward/not good/pain-light in my chest. I'm starting to believe I actually have caused real damage to my heart through my unreasonable abuse the last weeks. I have almost intentionally OD'd several times just because I really hate being sober (depression/anxiety) and 1 gram amphetamine is cheap and it puts me down for 12 hours.

No you're good, if you use it chronically, and unrelated to your amp abuse that's fine. The problem occurs when you never use beta-b and you use it in higher amounts when your at the peak of your amp high and got bp similar to the OP in here. The heart needs to understand the messages coming through the spinal column from the brain. If there is a huge un-natural discrepancy between neurotransmitters, it goes like "I don't understand this gibberish, I wasn't designed for this, I'm out." This BP is ER grade so it's not good, but understand that even if the rest of the body is at risk, like the brain being at risk for stroke, the heart itself is happy, it's working properly. If you toy around with neurotransmitters yourself to bring the bp down you might just stop your heart lol.
What? What do you mean?

Yes, that I will do. But shouldn't I wait until I'm clean from the amphetamine as it might destroy the HR temporarily?

I would rely on kleinerkiffer's logic and not ask too many questions. The answer is no, you should get an EKG done 10 min ago.

What bothers me most is that I still have this awkward/not good/pain-light in my chest. I'm starting to believe I actually have caused real damage to my heart through my unreasonable abuse the last weeks.

You didn't damage anything, that's your heart complaining that its "moment of glory" is coming to an end. Just a normal muscle pain response to decreasing neurotransmitters. Like when you go to the gym, you don't feel the muscle pain until the next day, that doesn't mean you torn something. When you tear a muscle you'll know it in seconds.

Chest pain after an amphetamine abuse episode is so common that even talking about a potential heart damage is day dreaming and perhaps the result of amphetamine induced paranoia. Within 100,000 amphetamine chest pain cases maybe 1 or 2 would have sustained heart damage and that's most likely due to a genetic flaw that was triggered by the abuse. Your heart is there to deliver in extreme, burst effort situations, like running away from a lion, it's genetically programmed to be brutalized. Humans who could so easily damage their heart through amphetamine abuse are already long dead through natural selection, you are alive and selected by nature as someone with a heart that can deliver in even the most extreme situations, unless you have a genetic flaw.

Tired of people complaining about heart issues while using amphetamines. Forget about the idea that it can fail, it won't. Something else will fail, willing to bet tons of money on it.

Last edited:
I would rely on kleinerkiffer's logic and not ask too many questions. The answer is no, you should get an EKG done 10 min ago.

You didn't damage anything, that's your heart complaining that its "moment of glory" is coming to an end. Just a normal muscle pain response to decreasing neurotransmitters. Like when you go to the gym, you don't feel the muscle pain until the next day, that doesn't mean you torn something. When you tear a muscle you'll know it in seconds.

Chest pain after an amphetamine abuse episode is so common that even talking about a potential heart damage is day dreaming and perhaps the result of amphetamine induced paranoia. Within 100,000 amphetamine chest pain cases maybe 1 or 2 would have sustained heart damage and that's most likely due to a genetic flaw that was triggered by the abuse. Your heart is there to deliver in extreme, burst effort situations, like running away from a lion, it's genetically programmed to be brutalized. Humans who could so easily damage their heart through amphetamine abuse are already long dead through natural selection, you are alive and selected by nature as someone with a heart that can deliver in even the most extreme situations, unless you have a genetic flaw.

Tired of people complaining about heart issues while using amphetamines. Forget about the idea that it can fail, it won't. Something else will fail, willing to bet tons of money on it.
Thank you for your answer.

But then I don't get it - why do an EKG if my heart should be OK?

^ Cause if you have a genetic heart defect, at the peak of an amphetamine abuse is the best time to detect such defect. It is to confirm that your heart is ok and that you can keep abusing amphetamines. Or stop abusing, whatever floats your boat. You know that heart test where you gotta run for like 30min with electrodes attached to you? They make you run cause heart defects are easier to detect when your heart operates at high capacity.

Given your current BP situation however, your future abuses may not be very fortunate. The body can adapt, your blood vessels may too but that's a huge strain you're applying there bro.

^ Cause if you have a genetic heart defect, at the peak of an amphetamine abuse is the best time to detect such defect. It is to confirm that your heart is ok and that you can keep abusing amphetamines. Or stop abusing, whatever floats your boat. You know that heart test where you gotta run for like 30min with electrodes attached to you? They make you run cause heart defects are easier to detect when your heart operates at high capacity.

Given your current BP situation however, your future abuses may not be very fortunate. The body can adapt, your blood vessels may too but that's a huge strain you're applying there bro.

Well, I haven't had nearly as high BP other times when IV OD'd (well of course when I OD'd and nearly died on spice, it was higher, but not from stims). This is the first time. It might be because I had used a pretty large amount of Pregabaline as well, or because I've been ODing on amphetamine every other day for a few weeks now.

Well, I haven't had nearly as high BP other times when IV OD'd (well of course when I OD'd and nearly died on spice, it was higher, but not from stims). This is the first time. It might be because I had used a pretty large amount of Pregabaline as well, or because I've been ODing on amphetamine every other day for a few weeks now.

Doesn't matter, many of us have done far worst and never had a hypertensive crisis. It's probably genetic with you, some people just have high BP and take medication to lower it.

Here's a tip from my bank of knowledge:

Cutting your daily amphetamine abuse amount with 0.3mg of Clonidine may solve your problem. I've done a lot of literature search and also speaking from experience, the combo is safe to be abused like no tomorrow. Interaction was ruled out by FDA and for good reason, the combo is safe. Mods can confirm this.

OOps

I came up with a brilliant idea: IV 300 mg bupropion with 1000 mg amphetamine in the same solution, not even 48 hours after the serious chest pains. WWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH

I immediately lay down and my heart rate starting increasing. After I reached 175 BPM I couldn't count anymore, but I'm very sure it went (way?) up beyond that. My biggest problem, however, was that the heart instead of "DOO-donk like normal heart beats, it went DONK-DONK, and this frightened me the most, because I have a puls of 225+ so many times now, and survived, but this was new.

Then the chest pain came, but more intense and more warm than before

Then my back went numb and it felt like I was floating. My neck/back got warm. And a tingling sensation spread through my body, focused on my traps. I thought "well, this is a nice way to die).

I felt my conciousness fading and was OK with it.. My life is shit anhyway.

However, when it felt like someone pierced my chest with a javelin, I realized mum would know I died abusing (she thinks I'm clean and recovering and she would have had found out) and I didn't want to leave her like that.

So I put 20 mg olanzapine in my mouth and dialed "911".

Everything seems to be fine!

IMO, it sounds like you should take a break from stims
Yes! But I am too weak. I just love the rush so much. Obviously I love it more than I love life

Doesn't matter, many of us have done far worst and never had a hypertensive crisis. It's probably genetic with you, some people just have high BP and take medication to lower it.

Here's a tip from my bank of knowledge:

Cutting your daily amphetamine abuse amount with 0.3mg of Clonidine may solve your problem. I've done a lot of literature search and also speaking from experience, the combo is safe to be abused like no tomorrow. Interaction was ruled out by FDA and for good reason, the combo is safe. Mods can confirm this.
Thanks for the tip but that isn't available on the street here.

And no, I actually have quite LOW BP normally. This is because I OD all the time.

I'm thinking I should have to wait until I'm clean to take amphetamine again, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Probably not.

The idea this behaviour isn't causing your heart permanent damage is delusional. I strongly dislike a number of posts in this thread that downplay the well-documented risks of meth abuse on the cardiovascular system (both acute and chronic).

However OP it sounds like you don't care, given your continued abuse of stimulants. If you can't stop this, you need to ask for help and/or drug rehab.