Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Fear of reality after bad acid trip

popirat

Greenlighter
Hello everyone :)

So what happened to me is that in the winter of 2016 i did a pretty dumb thing that is really upsetting me till right now.
But let's go first to the fall of 2016.
Since 3-4 years ago (i am 22 now) i have started doing psychedelics (mostly LSD) and other drugs, but acid is the reason why i'm fucked up right now.
The first time i did acid was around the beginning of July 2014. It was my first Psytrance party i ever attended. I was with my friends and we bought some extasy before we went to the event. On the event we met a young girl who had a backpack full of shrooms and Lsd blotters. Me and my friend bought one blotter and splitted it in half because it was double the price of the standard price. So, it was my first Psy party and also my first psychedelic drug intake. It was one of the best nights in my life, everything was amazing, the emotions, feelings, people around me and the music of course... but i didn't feel anything that would bring forth the thought "HEY, THE ACID IS WORKING".. but still, with the combination of Lucy and extasy, it was a pretty Wow night (i knew the pills before though, and one pill surely wasn't responsible for that sort of a party). And i went on with this, partying like that, for over a year. I had no fear whatsoever of psychedelics (i couldn't eat shrooms, the taste and smell make me wanna puke). So, in October of 2015 i went with my best friend to the other city to buy 2 blotters of a thrustworthy source (also a good friend of mine). The blotters had written on them 1p-lsd, and on the other side was a image of the molecule, black on white background, but i don't know if it was 1p-lsd or ordinary acid. When we had the blotters each of us took one half of it and i kept the other one. We payed than a visit to a girl that lived in the city before we went home. We stayed at her place maybe 2 hours and did a very little dose of speed. i didn't notice anything from the blotter and was saying to me that theye were weak or that i have a great capacity or tolerance (i was so dumb at the time). So, with the thought in mind that it was just a drug like every other, we did it for fun. then we drove 65km back to our city while listening to drk twilight psytrance on the way. The drive back home was amazing, we were totally into the music and driving, everything was smooth like the road and curves we were driving through. So he let me home and i went to my room. I couldn't resist the urge to take the other blotter too that i saved and put it under my tounge. I went right away to Dj-ing Twilight Psytrance with headphones to the maximum, and as longer i listened to the music the more i could understand it, that there is more to the music than i thought, and i was asking myself constantly how can someone even produce that, and how could i the same songs hear now in a totally different way than usual? So, accidentaly i played a track that wasn't a psytrance track. It was an intro to a twilight psy album "Peakadelic - Peak records 2013". The name of the track was "Lysergic". It had some strange sound slowwly passing by and than the voice of a woman spoke "CAN YOU FEEL IT? FEEL THE AIR? FEEL THE MOLECULES? I AM ONE WITH ALL. COMPLETE. OBSERVER AND OBSERVED. CREATURE AND CREATOR. ALL THERE IS, ALL THERE WAS, ALL THERE WILL EVER BE....".
So as i was listening to it i suddenly realized something (that what the woman was saying), i can't really remember today, but i was than shure it was the truth. And i realized what was it all about. So i started crying like a little child, i regretted every single bad thing i did with intention. And as i cried, all the guilty conscience slowly faded away, and when i stopped crying i felt as i was newly born again. The last few months before that experience i was totally depressed, i was like i had no emotions at all, i wasn'tsad, it just fellt all so not important to me anymore. I remember saying at the time that someone could kill someone else in front of my eyes and i wouldn't react to it at all. I was really in a bad depression state. But after that experience everything in my life changed for good, i found joy in the life, happiness and the appreciation for the beautiful small things. Life was blown int me in the most beautiful way possible. So i realized that to find a job isn't that difficult as i thought it was. At the time i was searching for a job almost 3 months (so good i can remember). After the experience i found a new job in 2 days in another country with a wage almost 3 times as big as at home. So i just had to celebrate my birthday party and in a feew weeks i was going to move into the alps, 500km away from home. But i was positive about everything. On my birthay i had the opening set of the party and while i was playing, out of fun, i took another blotter in the middle of my set. Everything was like amazing because i was tripping on the thought that this birthday was an initiation into something, that i am gonna become enlightened this night, and that everyone in the organization planned this. When i finished my set, i felt like there isn't going to happen such thing, and the other dj's quickly moved me away from the dj place (so they can quickly put up their equipment and move on with the party) and i felt like i didn't make it, that i was too dumb to understand what they understand. And the next dj starte playing and i was all in my thoughts that i'm a looser and so on. And on a such big speaker system i heard the progressive psy like in a new way, that each sound is made out of more sounds that are twisted in one another, and i could hear them laughing about how i didn't make it, so i also screamed something into the speaker as i thought that would be permanently written in the song, so whenever someone hears that part, he hears my scream inbetween all the other sounds... and i was going into a more negative state and i thought that to proove something to myself i had to kill myself to experience the afterlife. And with such a minset i went outside and to the car where my closer friends where, tripping together in the car (5 of them). And they seemingly had a lot of fun, and than i appeared looking like someone whose pet died 2 minutes ago. And they collectively pulled me up, out of the bad feeling into positive. And the very smart girl who is much more experienced in psychedelics than i am, answered every of my question in the right way. I realized that love is the answer to everything and till i went to sleep we were together, speaking to one another through emotions, rather than by language, we could feel each other's auras. Everything was good. So than, in the middle of December 2015 i moved to Austria alone, and after a month or so, a guy found me over facebook and added me into his secret group with over 7500 members at the time. And i ordered 10 blotters from him. It came on the reception of the hotel where i'm working, in a small book. So i waited till i have free, and took one blotter the night before i had a free day. I don't really remember whati was dooing than, but i know that after an hour or so, i thought that the acid isn't working, or the blotters were exposed to higher temperatures, and i took another one (they were 125ug), nd after an hour, the third one... and i finnished laying naked on my bed, in a half lotus position (not with intention, naturally) like with no straight spine, and listening to "The Psychedelic Experience" of teamoth leary (you can find it on youtube). As he talked, i went into a real visual trip, unlimited layers of reality were passing by me, and my consciousness really went into a trip i thought will never end. I can also recall that in one moment, when i was in a particular place in the multiverse of dimensions i've been going through, that i remembered that i already was here, not one time, not 100 times, but an unlimited number of times, and i had the thought "shit, i am here once more for the i don't know what time now". Shurely in this lie i've never been there, but than, i could remember thet, and the trip went on, faster and faster, my consciousness travelled in a fibonacci spiral (not in 2D or 3D but in limitless dimensions) over my head into the center of the Thorus, and i was blasted into colors and shapes i was passing through perfectly, and faster, and faster than light, and BOOM!... Everything stopped, layer after layer after layer of unlimited layers stopped mooving one after another... I BROKE THE MECHANICS OF REALITY! THE REALITY IS GONE! EVERYTHING IS MESSED UP! THIS IS HELL, OR WORSE...and than i started to go in the oposite direction, forever, and it was painful for me, because i was the universe that destroyed itself, i didn't feel my body, i felt the dimensions like they were me, and it was pure hell, and i was jumping from one nonsense to other, i couldn't think normally at all, it was an ever lasting, undtoppable bad trip. I destroyed everything! Every living beeing, everyone i loved, all there is! After a few hours i slowly came back, but i was still in schock. Since than i am trying to figure out who i am, and i am growing myself shrooms because i hope and belive that they can pull me out of my Anexity and fear of reality. I fear all the dimensions, i know it was real, like the laptop is real i am writing this text on, not more real and not less real. But i have to overcome my Fear somehow, i wanna go on Psytrance festivals, and do acid in the crowd, i want to break free of everything that held me back, just like i did when i first realized that acid is not a toy drug, what it was showing me. Anyone can relate'

I've been God, the universe and everything else. I've experienced different realities so real and my own existence causing so much suffering it shook me. Long and short of it is I don't know what way to look at life :) but at the same time I understand where 'I' am almost all of the time is where I am now. What other realities are out there its not my time to see them, (if ever).

You need to take time to integrate what you have experienced. Time to wrap your head around some mind blowing concepts. A bit of time away from the acid, until you have made peace with your discoveries will help. There was a traumatic period of the trip and that too much be addressed. You could be having some PTSD from the negative experience. So again time away from drugs and introspection,meditation, rest, good diet, etc. Focus on the positive parts to this reality; there is much love and understanding in this world if we seek it. There is much beauty in art and literature even some in TV too :)

Also at the end of the day it was a drug experience which may be no more real than our imagination! Whatever it was LSD is a very serious drug imho, hell all psychedelics are very serious drugs and should be treated as such.

Hope things improve soon.

You have been given a glimpse behind the curtain of reality. One of the most important and impressive things true psychedelics can show you, is the subjectiveness of perception. It can be quite shocking to experience firsthand how your reality gets broken down by force. Most people have encountered the concept of subjective reality, but we cling to our personal worldview nonetheless.

We might consider that the color blue for instance is a different experience for someone else, but what you experienced is a total breakdown of all the rules you believed your reality was made up of. The most fundamental perception of what space is, what time is, what matter or consciousness is, was shown to be just a construct of your mind. This can be quite a shock to the system, but it is also a tremendous learning opportunity.

Does you newfound insight into reality change anything? Yes and no. You have returned to your normal perception of the world more or less, but with new insight. You can now truly feel that you are responsible to give meaning to your own life. You can create your own reality. Make your life about the things that mean the most to you.

Like stated above, I advise you to not take any drugs for a while. You have seen enough to keep you busy for a while. Integrate the experiences and grow as a human being. Psychedelics are fascinating drugs, but don't get lost in the woods. Always take plenty of time to fully stabilize before going back in. And always respect set, setting and dose.

have to agree with the others to stop for a while with psychedelics to integrate your experiences. I have had the same thing as you on schrooms – that everything that you thought was real is not real in the end. I had the same reaction of this. When you got out the cave, you cannot go back in the cave thinking there is only the cave. I think you saw something that you are not ready to face yet and that needs time to integrate in your life. I would not recommend to use the shrooms as you are planning - those can be even more ruthless than LSD especially in the state of mind you are in now. Please don't do that they are not quick fix for your fear and anxiety - and the chances are very big that they might make your condition even worse!

I understand you like the LSD experiences on those festivals, but expecting to have those experiences all the time is a recipe to get a bad trip or feeling bad in general. To have something good or euphoric, you have need also to be bad and dysphoric otherwise they won’t even exists.

Also can you explain in more detail what did you fear about reality? And what you don't like about what you say and how you would see it rather instead?

Last edited:
I think psychedelics could help us overcome certain psychological issues we have but you should wait until your more grounded first. To do more at this time would only reinforce the thoughts that led to your depersonalization. That state of mind can have a life changing impact on our sense of self and reality but I think that instead of disconnecting from the world again, you should focus more on the life your trying to create. If your truly content with what your doing in life, settle into that perspective before attempting to completely tear apart your psyche and restructuring it.

What spikeycloud asked about further explaining the exact details should help get a clearer understanding of the issue but it can be difficult to merge two or more completely different sets of rules/concepts/beliefs without running into inconsistencies. Especially when the inconsistencies are within our own minds =/. That's one thing I often find troublesome sometimes after tripping.

It is the fear of what i see.. sometimes i see some images of patterns that are very geometrical, complex and symmetric (like the zoom of the mandelbrot set but it is not the only one), and my vision starts coming appart sometimes. I literally feel the picture like it is connected to me physically, i feel the things move in my head from the point i am viewing it from. Also i am afraid of the tiny hi-pitched bell sound (i think it is the sound of the om but i am not sure.. It is the first sound you hear when you listen to the psychedelic experience of timothy leary) because when that happens, memories of my bad experiences come back to me and i am overwhelmed and instantly shocked with fear that i'm gonna loose my sanity and experience the pain once more. I also don't remember 99.99999% of the trip. But i also remember that after my first LSD experience i was super motivated and knew how to do anything i want and was sure in the way i did that... I felt like the main character in the movie Limitless almost, that kind of thing... Now i am fully sane, back in reality (ok almost, i know that what i am seeing is not the 3d world like it seems but that it is, idk how to say... like a hologram that i don't know from where it is coming and how it works), i am working every day so i don't overthink on that kind of stuff, they say i am one of the best workers inthe hotel, and i know that i truly care how i treat others, how clean the bar is, that everything looks orderly. I help where i can and really give my best. Still, i am caught up in this mundane world, i don't know who or what my real self is (and that was what i wanted to find out since i realized that i am not my brain). I think there is more to this world, i maybe saw it, but most of that what i saw, i totally forgot. I just want to find my way back in there. In that state of mind. I really thought about ending this life to start a new one (i believe in reincarnation) but then, it is not the right thing and i really do want to do the right thing.

The goa tribe of my region (group of many people who know each other from our private parties we make once a month) was making a party, idk. 2 and a half months ago, it lasted 2 days and 2 nights, and i was tere from the beginning. So at that moment i still couldn't smoke weed but i started to drink alcohol. So we were almost 10 guys from my town who knew each other very well, and i had really enough money to do anything, but my friends didn't. And so i bought MDMA crystals from a guy i trusted and gave it to my friends for free, so that wee have a funny time. And i really couldn't resistthe urge and took a really small dose, idk how small, but believe me, it was a very tiny amount. So the night went on really relaxed, i know i didn't feel the mdma like i thought i would (maybe i wasnt there in my thoughts but my atention was on the party, the talking with people and so on) and the sun came than up and it was morning. So than there comes this guy who i knew was already a really long time in this. He and his friends take psychedelics whenever they have a good opportunity to (i believe that they know what they are doing), on every party, mostly blotters. So i tried toexplain to him what my problem was, and we talked like for 15-20mins, and he (idk why) said to all his friends (they are all 40-60 years old) that they all have to help me and "pull me out" together, and he wanted for all of us to take half a blotter together. i instantly refused, and he said that it really isn't that big of a deal and stretched his tongue out to show me how he has half a blotter on it. I still refused, and in the talk i mentioned that i had taken mdma that night... so he sad to me that i should follow him in a short walk through the meadow. He said to me that i should listen to the bird twitter and the wind that blows through the branches and twigs... So he said to me that i lay down in the grass and close my eyes. The sun was shining right into my closed eye lids and all i could see was red-orenge color. And that, i don't remember good, i was like softly induced into a meditative state or something like that. And i knew that the best way is not to think, to just be aware... but i can't do it, i thought some sh“t all the time and the colors were going more to violet with every thought i thougt. I remember that the experience was getting worse, and worse and worse, but i wasn't panicking at all because i remember that that guy and his friend said to me that i have the control over that and that the most important things was belief. and so i force-opened my eyes and tried to stand up. it didn't work, my whole upper budy was so numb that i couldnt move or speak or anything, but slowly i managed somehow to get up. So i learned that i have the steering wheel in my hands and belief is really important. but still i am very confused, maybe more than i was. But, after that, ican smoke weed now, i couldn't do it for almost 10 months because it gave me anexity. that day i fell asleep in the car so i can play my psytrance set on the beginning of the night at the party. and i slept 4-5 hours and did good, and had a little bit of speed at the party just so i could dance the whole night through. Everything was really amazing, i felt happy and had no worries and so on. So, i thought that maybe when life is pulling you down, it is just stretching you like an bowstring, so it can shoot you in the other direction like an arrow, and i really know that i am doing good, i am not depressed, i know i have much to learn, but from that horrific experience i had, i don't know if i can learn anything now, because i still don't remember it. But i am still very optimistic to all that. I won't do the shrooms, not now when i am far from home and my friends. but when i get home, i will go to the right people to be with them when i do it. I think i remember also a quote that says "What is the thing that frightens you the most but also excites you the most? Go, and do that ". And i am growing my shrooms with love and care, i don't believe that they would hurt me :)