View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Oxiracetam and Psilocybin - Concerned about previous experience

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
Please see my post from a few years back: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-729901.html

TL;DR: I took aniracetam a few hours before eating ONE single psilocybin mushroom cap from a batch I've eaten from before, and tripped my fricking balls off unexpectedly to the point where I could no longer understand English.

I took oxiracetam earlier this morning (~10:15am) and have a plan to consume mushrooms this evening at ~8ish pm. I'm nervous about having a similar unexpected +++ experience as described in the thread linked above. This has been a plan for a while and would much rather not back out now. I stupidly had a lapse of memory and took the nootropics this morning, not remembering tonight was the big night. Now I'm nervous.

Does anyone have experience with this particular combo? All in all, this morning, I had about ~1200mg oxiracetam, ~300mg alphaGPC, ~250mg l-theanine and ~1200mg taurine.

Thanks in advance!

If I was ready for it and the circumstances called for it, I might be interested in that again, however it definitely felt extremely stressful on my brain. I'd imagine there was a massive release of something (glutamate?) and I don't know how damaging that can be. I understand mushrooms themselves are not very toxic or damaging on their own, but this was a combo that had profoundly different results, so there's no way to tell. For my planned experience this evening, I simply plan to get some therapeutic value out of it with my wife, neither of us wants to blast into outer space tonight. We want to talk to each other, get things out, giggle a bit, enhance music, have sex, and go for an adventure around our town. I don't feel like getting into a state where I can't communicate.. 8(

If you do plan to try such a combo, I suggest doing some reading. Reddit has a lot of threads about it, including folks ending up in the ER.

Racetams before psychedelics are something I'm a big fan of. It allows my headspace and thought process to remain lucid and rational, which means I get a greater return on investment per trip. I usually take a piracetam + oxiracetam + aniracetam cap (750mg each) before a trip nowadays.

Have been experimenting with nootropics for over 5 years, including different mixtures with different psychedelics and stimulants.

Go easy with CDP-Choline or better yet avoid it before trips - causes unpleasant stiffness and even pains when taken with psychedelics. Avoid adding Noopept and/or Phenylpiracetam to your trip, I have a suspicion that they may cause excitotoxicity when taken in full dose with certain psychedelics, they overstimulate glutamate receptors when taken together and you may end up damaging yourself.

As for racetams, Piracetam is the safest one and producing nice effects with most psychedelics, take about a gram an hour or so before starting your trip. Aniracetam is the second favorite - I suggest about 500mg an hour or so before trip. Oxiracetam was nice too but I didnt feel much of the advantage to Piracetam and Aniracetam and I suspect Oxiracetam might also have something to do with glutamate stimulation so be careful with it. Always try nootropic by itself first before combining with other drugs.

And also I suggest not to use nootropics daily all the time and always cycle them - 2-3 months using, 1-2 months not using and so on.

Have been experimenting with nootropics for over 5 years, including different mixtures with different psychedelics and stimulants.

Go easy with CDP-Choline or better yet avoid it before trips - causes unpleasant stiffness and even pains when taken with psychedelics. Avoid adding Noopept and/or Phenylpiracetam to your trip, I have a suspicion that they may cause excitotoxicity when taken in full dose with certain psychedelics, they overstimulate glutamate receptors when taken together and you may end up damaging yourself.

As for racetams, Piracetam is the safest one and producing nice effects with most psychedelics, take about a gram an hour or so before starting your trip. Aniracetam is the second favorite - I suggest about 500mg an hour or so before trip. Oxiracetam was nice too but I didnt feel much of the advantage to Piracetam and Aniracetam and I suspect Oxiracetam might also have something to do with glutamate stimulation so be careful with it. Always try nootropic by itself first before combining with other drugs.

And also I suggest not to use nootropics daily all the time and always cycle them - 2-3 months using, 1-2 months not using and so on.

Fascinating.

Well, just to report, I ended up having to wait until the next day to trip. Was a pretty average time, blunted by being exhausted from doing chores literally two days straight.

I take piracetam before trips sometimes. Generally I find that it increases clarity and decreases trip confusion, it's not a strong amplifying. But once I combined piracetam, choline and DMAE with 18mg of 2C-E (I had taken 18mg of 2C-E the weekend before and had a strong but "normal" trip on it), and proceeded to have the most thorough psychedelic ass-kicking of my life. Reality deconstructed in this incredibly mathematical and logical way, step by step, and I collapsed into the void, having ended existence with my hubris. In retrospect, it was one of my best trips, but it was terrifying to live through. I have never had that sort of experience again on 2C-E (I have on 4-HO-DMT, synthetic 4-HO-DMT that is, a similar one anyway), and the only thing different from my other times is that I took piracetam, DMAE and choline beforehand, like an hour beforehand though.

I doubt having taken it in the morning will affect the trip if you trip at night or in the evening. The duration of action of oxiracetam and most other nootropics is only a matter of a few hours.

Also I agree about taking periodic breaks with nootropics. After a few months using them most days or every day, they start to feel counterproductive. I seriously doubt it's good to take anything every day. Also, some nootropic stacks I see people listing that they take are so excessive (not saying yours is, but since lots of people read this...). You should get to know a single substance first, and add something slowly. Taking 10+ things a day isn't what you should be doing. Personally, I've been taking piracetam again daily for about 2 months now, and I added noopept 3 weeks ago. I take them with my morning caffeine, I'm liking it. Been cycling them (with up to 3 years of break time at one time) since 2005.

Also I agree about taking periodic breaks with nootropics. After a few months using them most days or every day, they start to feel counterproductive. I seriously doubt it's good to take anything every day. Also, some nootropic stacks I see people listing that they take are so excessive (not saying yours is, but since lots of people read this...). You should get to know a single substance first, and add something slowly. Taking 10+ things a day isn't what you should be doing. Personally, I've been taking piracetam again daily for about 2 months now, and I added noopept 3 weeks ago. I take them with my morning caffeine, I'm liking it. Been cycling them (with up to 3 years of break time at one time) since 2005.

I completely cold turkey cut out nootropics recently, and I had the most profound lifting of brain fog I think I've ever experienced. After a rather eventful summer substance-wise, I found myself feeling borderline retarded after my last MDMA usage. I was trying to counteract it with nootropics, but nothing was working, arguably making it worse. After a month or so of becoming extremely frustrated with my non-working brain, I stopped all noots completely. Within days, I was thinking clearer, remembering things, able to focus and get work done, etc.. It was the exact effect I was taking the noots for! After stopping for about a month or so, I just recently integrated alternating oxiracetam and aniracetam, taken with alpha-gpc, and am getting the desired nootropic effects again. I will take it easy though...

Yeah I remember past times when I went on runs that were too long, I'd always end up with brain fog, and it would clear when I stopped. That's why I cycle, say, 1 month on, 1 off. or maybe 2 on, 2 or more off.

Yeah I remember past times when I went on runs that were too long, I'd always end up with brain fog, and it would clear when I stopped. That's why I cycle, say, 1 month on, 1 off. or maybe 2 on, 2 or more off.

I knew this could happen, but I was fooling myself into thinking my overuse of recreational drugs and alcohol in recent months was the only reason for the fog. As a matter of fact, the noots may have been the biggest contributor seeing how quickly I cleared up after I stopped.