• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Coloring books for relaxation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I bought a book called "Coloring for Ttanquility".
It says "Color your way to happiness and harmony".

Does anyone else do this or something similar?

I found out for me, it is a relaxing break from whatever I am doing. It activates the artistic and creative side of my mind. It gives my brain a break and also helps develope different areas of my brain.

Does anyone do something similar as a therapeutic break and mind exspansion?

I bought a book called "Coloring for Ttanquility".
It says "Color your way to happiness and harmony".

Does anyone else do this or something similar?

I found out for me, it is a relaxing break from whatever I am doing. It activates the artistic and creative side of my mind. It gives my brain a break and also helps develope different areas of my brain.

Does anyone do something similar as a therapeutic break and mind exspansion?

Calms me down, but then the OCD, ADHD kicks in and after 2 blocks I'm over it.

I deal with the same issues, when my brain wants to tune into too many things at once.

What I discovered was to use it like a break. Sometimes I'll pick up the book and color (completely relaxed) for say 5 minutes. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

My revelation was to do it at my own pace.

The entire point is to chill, right? So that means do it for any amount of time. There is no wrong answer.

I'll tell you what though, some of those patterns are going to become wallpaper for me.

I'm happy that you get some enjoyment out of it.

Just remember, you own pace is the correct pace!

I've spent hours, and hours, days and weeks coloring fuzzy posters. Seriously, back in the day. I would do some meth and color the living hell out of fuzzy posters.

Maybe give it a shot? Just not the meth, fuzzy the color posters!

I stick with Dexedrine! That works for coloring'!

I am currently using colored pencils, but want to move to markers.
My book has quite a few real cool patterns.
I plan on taking a few out and Photo copying it.

Btw,I understand that people have ADHD, but we cannot reference drugs in this forum.
The point to this thread, is the art of coloring and its therapeutic effects.

Last edited:
I bought one of really intricate Islamic designs and it is gorgeous. I really love it that I started my life as an artist at probably two years old being given my first crayons and coloring books and now coming full circle at 63 coloring in books again!=D

at first I thought it was a joke, but I'm so supprised how effective it is.'It effects more than what I thought in my head. My tranqulizer use has been going down. It is slowly changing me. ^^ I'm glad you are receiving a benifit also

I always found when I'm super stressed coloring between the lines can be very frustrating. Art more generally though can be very therapeutic :)

For something like this, I imagine using colored pencils and water color could lead to some very pretty stuff.

I'd be very interested in seeing anything anyone has colored in one of these. Finished ones (and some unfinished ones too) can be quite spectacular. Quite the testament to the energetic nature of some mood "disorders" ;)

I always found when I'm super stressed coloring between the lines can be very frustrating. Art more generally though can be very therapeutic :)

For something like this, I imagine using colored pencils and water color could lead to some very pretty stuff.

I'd be very interested in seeing anything anyone has colored in one of these. Finished ones (and some unfinished ones too) can be quite spectacular. Quite the testament to the energetic nature of some mood "disorders" ;)

I use paint brush tip water based markers. So satisfying.

I have several adult coloring books. I use gel pens. It is a good mindfulness exercise for me. It lowers my stress, which is very important for managing my bipolar and anxiety disorders.

I'm still deciding which pages to photocopy. I completely agree with you.

I found I enjoyed art more when on stims. I had more concentration and attention to detail. Very relaxing.
Sober I just don't have the motivation :\

Ouch! Not quite. I appreciate art. I learned that while appreciating an artsy festival. :)

Folks, all I can say is having a heavy load lifted off your shoulders deeply effects you temporarily.

Btw, the stimulants help a bunch. I tune into things correctly. They are prescription.

I just happen to like the patterns in the book. I am deciding on patterns for wallpaper.

Last edited:
yeah i really dig that whole repetitive pattern-making thing when i'm all stressed out
works in the same way that ASMR does (for me at least)
feels good in ma brain box ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I love the adult coloring books. Decent colored pencils or fine line sharpees are my "medium".
I realize I have to be in the right mood or it falls apart. This stuff takes alot of patience n if I'm all depressed or angry it just isn't gonna happen, sadly.
It's the same with anything creative I guess.

Mindfulness colouring

Do any of you practice mindfulness coloring in?

If so, do you find it helps? Do you have any tips or suggestions?

If you do I'd love to see your projects.

Life advice meets visual arts <3

What is "mindfulness coloring", exactly? Like sort of a meditation in creating art?

Yeah, like meditation with colour.

This is one I'm working on. I don't have enough purple in my supplies though.

1448scx.jpg

My mind is not in the right place for more intricate ones at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.