• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Coloring books for relaxation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some, from when I was actively painting. All my paintings are abstract, using techniques to create detail with the physics of fluid dynamics. I would try to not think much at all and just do it by feel, very meditative.

NSFW:

KGNjWR6.jpg

ngzVhPs.jpg

Fn0gSBm.jpg

km6jWEyh.jpg

JoRRVg1h.jpg

nfiLi5kh.jpg

3iXEzeM.jpg

803OlJq.jpg

Not really drawings, but I think it fits. :)

Wow, those are stunning Xorkoth. I especially like the fourth one down - reminds me of Paul Klee. Mindfulness coloring was encouraged in rehab, but I just don't have any talent when it comes to visual arts. I did go to art therapy just so I wouldn't have to sit in another damn process group but I'm not proud of the end products.

Thanks! :) I was painting and selling my art (trying to) at an outdoor market for 2 years from like 2012-2014. Then I got back into music and have focused on that since as I find it much more rewarding. Still hard to make money but at least I can make people dance and the simple act of playing is the greatest joy I've ever known in and of itself. Selling my art was demoralizing.

I was the only one of my siblings that wasn't blessed in the visual arts. All of my brothers can draw very well, myself... not so much, hands shake too much.

We're all musical to some extent though.

Yeah, like meditation with colour.

This is one I'm working on. I don't have enough purple in my supplies though.

1448scx.jpg

I absolutely love this. Looks like something they would have on the main stage at ozora festival. Lush colours.

Xorkoth those are so so beautiful!! So moving to look at. I feel you could lose yourself in those.

If you're ever short of a birthday present for me....

Just saying ;)

Thanks T. I'm not happy with the colours though. I wanted something more vivid but that's not easily achived using my current supplies.

What genre of music do you specialize in Xorkoth? I was a symphony orchestra musician (oboe) in what seems like a lifetime ago. In fact I know a bunch of people from school and summer music festivals that play/used to play in the Asheville Symphony (one of them jokingly used to refer to it as "The Billy Bob Philharmonic"), but I've lost touch with them. Honestly, I can't tell whether or not I hate music or I just dislike so many of my former colleagues to the point where it seems like I hate music anymore. I think the last time a performance brought me innate joy was a performance of Marc-Antoine Charpentier's Te Deum in Marlboro, Vermont. I bought a bunch of copies of historical oboes as a lot from a former mentor's estate, so I'm focused on that now instead of continuing to play modern instruments.

Last edited:
Well, I grew up from age 8 to 18 playing classical piano, plus from age 10 to 18, I played percussion in band, first mallet instruments particularly marimba, eventually settling on timpani (because all the other percussionists had absolutely no ability to tune them, and it drove me insane). I stopped playing from age 18 to 30, went to school for computer science and fell out of it and eventually got estranged and figured I'd never play again. Started playing at age 30 with my friends and it was like a light went back on. Now I play something I don't know you could assign to a genre... it's a psychedelic funk/jazz/rock sort of thing with heavy classical influence. In a band with 2 of my really good friends. I play a Nord Electro 2 and a Moog Sub-Phatty synthesizer. It's the best thing in the world. :) Painting was fun, too. I have pieces hanging all over my house and I sold about 25 of them a number of years ago so they're hanging in other houses, too (hopefully).

Did you know I live in Asheville? Or is that a coincidence?

Yes, you had mentioned at some point that you live outside Asheville which is why I mentioned it. That is way cool playing synths. The Moog has a great retro sound, being analog.

I started coloring about 3 months ago.it's relaxing and fun i can go hours .It gets my mind loose from the junk.I but books and I print off line pictures as well..I use gel pens and colored pencils and crayons.I mix and match i have so many pictures it's crazy,But I'm still gere!! Guess it's working..

Status
Not open for further replies.