• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana IR 10mg - Mallinckrodt vs. other generic brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthunter888

Bluelighter
I have gotten the pink KVK Tech and Teva brand in the past. I use via IV, and first do a regular cotton filter (2mL of water per pill), then a final .22 micron wheel filter at the end before a shot.

I found that the KVK Tech leave more gunk and take longer to filter than the Teva, but potency seems about the same.

I am just wondering whether it is worth getting these Mallinckrodt ones, as it's the first time my connect has had this brand.

Does anyone know how they break down into solution (lot of gunk leftover or less than other brands)?

And how does the potency compare to other brands?

With google searches I can find much more info on other brands in relation to potency and efficiency of IV prep, but absolutely NOTHING on the Mallinckrodts. Any info appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a rumor that opana was taken off the market in the USA, so that would suck

Roxxane brand are best if you find them.... You literally just throw in the pill whole and it dissolves immediately.

The ER formulation is being taken off the market.

Edit: if it's anything like the pink endos they work, but are a pain to mix. I was spoiled with the roxxane generics. I could have a shot ready in minutes even throwing the pill whole. Using the sterifilt tips will make drawing up your solution way easier.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that opana was taken off the market in the USA, so that would suck

That stuff is for cancer patients only. It is strong AF.

When I was in cancer pain management, I managed to use some potency charts to get scripted that tor pain.

That was the best shit I ever had (opiate pain relief wise).

Anyway, via some loophole, the generics were origional formula, aka crushable.

A nice line and a fucking body orgasm.

Nobody besides cancer patients should have access to it. Even patients should get short scripts.

I have received enough Ketamine to be completely over it, but it was like high dose Percocet and morphine had a nice baby.

If you happen to have Opana, respect the heck out of it. Once it's gone, it's gone. I suggest starting a rainy day thing. Believe me, you will get WAY more out of it, if you use it wisely.

Btw, Oxymorphone can kill you by taking one dose.

Don't fuck with this med. You will get more out of it, by respecting it. Also, insoluble binders and fillers are a great way to destroy your cardiovascular system.

Speesking that myth needs to be dispelled. No one opiate is more for cancer pain than another. Opana is now selective top the mu receptor with long half life. Besides less of a side effect profile it gives lasting pain relief. As long as thedifference in strength is accounted for when choosing the dose it could be used for the same pain codeine can deal with.

It's because of these false labels Drs are able to deny even a trial period with the medication to see if it is possibly useful. I've never had as stable relief as I had with opana while my dose did not have to increase. I could take it less often and still not end up with a roller coaster ride of not having relief, being in withdrawals, and feeling too much due to the effect wearing off too much in between doses

Even injected not only did people around me prefer the 5% or less pure dope in massive amounts giving only 100-300 mg for 1-3 grams of dope, but I myself would get no rush, pins and needles, or anything more than pain and w/d relief. I preferred it as I was more clear headed on it... Of course if I was tired I would be susceptible to nodding although it only really happened at bed time or if I stayed up too late. I can understand the ER formulation only being for cancer pain although anything else could use the ir and if needed oc er as maintenance as I find oc to counter the narcotic effect while creating it vs morphine type compounds just being sedating.

^^ I didn't read your whole post yet, but simply put, no shit.

My point was, it is one of many drugs that are so strong, only certain people should have it.

Btw, that was my opinion, based on how much it helped me during my cancer treatment.

I'll edit this if necessary.

EDIT - Nice post. To continue my point, at the minimum, certain people that don't abuse drugs could benefit from this drug, only under strict control and short scripts only. I never had dilaudid but to me, this is one of the best therapeutic opiates, I ever had.

Don't get me wrong, conscious sedation with midazolam and fentanyl ( only in a hospital ) was the bees knees. Not to go to far off topic, but that combo and oxymorphone where the most therapeutic drugs for pain.

Let's not forget, the drug combo and oxymorphone, will Kill you if used incorrectly. My opinion. YMMV!

Last edited:
Exactly for pain om is the best... Although I think it could be useful long term the dose just had to be kept low. I am speaking from my experience with all of the most basic opiates prescribed (m&c in solid, hydro, and oxy form,which sounds weird as the difference has nothing to do with state of matter). All of them I would always end up increasing dose and be going in and out of withdrawals barely getting relief while om I would make progress with and even stop my cannabis use and focus less on medication management in general.

As I said calling it cancer meds or saying it's usually for cancer only harms the general understanding of it.... It's not much different from morphine and hydromorphone... It's not some super opiate. It's like saying fentanyl is for cancer pain when really it's for short term effect especially during labor as well as round the clock management and breakthrough for those tolerant to opiates. Basically what I'm saying is it should be regarded as something that shouldn't be used as first choice in opiate naive people and used in instances were other weaker first choice opiates have side effects such as hives due to a less selective effect while om might not have it due to its selectivity. This is specifically one of the issues I face that because of the cancer medication reputation I can't even discuss my issue without being treated as a sociopathic manipulative drug seeker making up whatever I can to get the drug I want do I can get the high I want rather than acknowledging my years of research and experience and desire for relief so I can succeed in treatment and become during enough to get through the process of quitting opiates once and for all. These misconceptions need to change or the drug war will never end and we will be trapped in the era of D.A.R.E.

Let's see how simple I can put it. 1) it is very strong and very therapeutic. Just by using it correctly, it will continue to work.

2) I said cancer treatment, simply to say, in its current formulation it should be limited in its usage, due to the "epidemic" (media hype and ignorant people).

That's it.

Quesadilla dude :) , I mean tacodude, I understand your point also. Fin.

Yes OM is a great cancer med, we get it.

So does anyone have anything useful to say as to the topic of my thread? Reminder: how easy are the Mallinckrodt 10mg Opanas to prep for IV, and how is potency vs other generic IR brands?

^^ I do apologize if the thread went slightly off topic. Your probably going to have to scrape the outer layer off, grind it up and use micron filters on it also.

I've heard that depending on if it has the safety stuff built in, the potency should be on par with its generic counterpart.

The generics were crushable. I railed a few lines of that stuff and I was snoring, lol.

I can't post the link, but there is an 18 page file that explanes the entire pill.

Last edited:
As I said they work, but are a pain due to the filler. I honestly only found the Roxanne generics to pull great.

Also speed king the way to put it is that om has a long half life and strong effect that gets stronger faster when you raise the dose. It's great for long term management due to the long half life as it doesn't lead to a roller coaster ride of effects. The withdrawals are definitely drawn out while being just as strong as heroin so the dosage really needs to be controlled. It's definitely the first choice for cancer pain, but for other issues it is not the first choice and only if the other less powerful opiates cause side effects like the itching by my elbow and inside my left upper arm.

Not trying to say you are wrong as your not. Just trying to have things spoken of correctly so this epidemic created by false overexaggerations and excessive restrictions in response allowing an illegal market to thrive. I may not see this epidemic end in my life time, but maybe I can see progress made

Your not wrong, but.... , lol. We both made excellent points. OM, or OP, really take a look at the binders and fillers. You can micron the shit out of these or any pills and still be putting nice fillers like my personal favorite talc in your arm.

Figure the pill weighs 100mg -200mgs(example). Now the active ingredient is 5mg-40mg.(example). So let's deduct 40mg from the total weight.

Your(theoretically) left with, up to 60mg-160 mgs of filler. Some are non soluable in the body.

I don't know to what extent, but some fillers block small blood vessels or build up behind heart valves.

Just a bit of HR there.

Hehe yes pills are not good to inject even with micron filter still it's better than pulling it raw with puddle water

^^lol. This thread ran its course. Taco, good job on the HR front.

OP, don't shoot the pill. Some of the binders that will get through all your filtration, will gel in your blood stream.

Eventually people have arteries blockages due to all the non soluable fillers and gell. Heart attacks happen from this practice.

Be smart.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.