• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best and worst food experiences on a psychedelic.

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
Typically, when i take a psychedelic, it suppresses my appetite so much that just the thought of eat a tasty burger from McDonald's or a big ol' bag of Doritos makes my stomach flip upside down. Come the 4th or 5th hour when i start to come down and my tummy starts a rumblin' things change and i usually grab a bite, or two, or three.
I was wondering what you guys' best and worst food experiences on Psychedelics were; my worst happened on a late night road trip headed to New Orleans. A friend and i were in the back seat off 225ug of some nice LSD, and i had two other sober friends in the front. The sober two decided to make a taco Bell pit stop, and ordered there monstrous amounts of processed almost-Mexican food. The driver looked back and asked if we wanted anything, to which my tripping friend said 'absolutely not', but, unfortunately, curiosity got the best of me. I decided to get one small soft taco. Three hours later (or what seemed to be three hours) the face melting cashier handed our grease soaked bag from the pickup window and we sped off.
Now i cannot begin to explain how unappealing this dog food filled tortilla wrap smelled when i hit my nose, and the first bite-dear lord- it shared the dog food consistency mixed with elmers glue, it was like the back of my throat completely closed and rejected it, i spit it right back out onto the tortilla and tossed it out the window in downtown New Orleans.

On another note, my best psychedelic food experience, once, two hours into 200ug 1P-LSD i discover the beautiful, succulent fruit of the gods called starfruit. To those who haven't had the opportunity to try this Nature's work of art the best way i can explain the taste is like a hybrid between a nice, juicy, green apple and a kiwi. As soon as i bit into this little green piece of delight my mouth filled with watery goodness, the citrus hitting my tongue resemble the tiniest pleasurable electric charges rushed from my tongue to my brain, creating little firework cev's. That has to be my favorite food experience ever.

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear everyone else's food reports! Love reading trip stories! <3

Best: ripe fruits, especially stone fruits like peaches, nectarines, apricots
Worst: meat, especially beef

My worst experience with food was during a bad Eth-lad trip. I was having trouble during the trip because it was the first after an accidental 10 hit trip. Anyways I was trying to get over my negative thoughts and it wasn't going very well but Apples sounded good so I tried eating one and my negative thoughts got to
Me and idk how to explain it but the apple tasted terrible and felt bad in my mouth. that made things worse hahaha it sucked!

On some very lovely and clean lsd, we spent many hours in the kitchen because my friend ( in his 20s at the time) didnt know how to cook.
Of course, as well as showing technique etc, we needed to produce something worthy of eating.

To this day, i dont remember whether we liked it or not, but spam risotto was the outcome.

It was fun, but i do certainly recall it wasnt quite up to my standard and, lets just say my friend needed some more help cooking when we were sober. The good news is, he can cook well today (late 30s now :) )

Now i cannot begin to explain how unappealing this dog food filled tortilla wrap smelled when i hit my nose, and the first bite-dear lord- it shared the dog food consistency mixed with elmers glue, it was like the back of my throat completely closed and rejected it, i spit it right back out onto the tortilla and tossed it out the window in downtown New Orleans.

It's funny you mention dog food; I've heard from a former Taco Hell employee that their meat is actually classified, on the bag, "Grade D, but edible," which is a grade below dog food. Enjoy your future Fourthmeals ;).

As for my best and worst experiences... I absolutely cannot trip without fruit snacks. (Motts are best.) Pretzel sticks are pretty good, too, but not with the wrong dip. My worst experience was a pizza-flavored sour cream dip that somehow tasted like the cactus sludge I had downed--and upped--a few hours earlier; the similarity nearly had me worshiping the porcelain throne again. It was amazing later, though!

Best:

- Various instances of eating fruit like fresh pineapple, sometimes I ate an exotic fruit for the first time in my life which was often amazing

Disappointing:

- Made an entirely home-made pizza that had crab meat on it, but because of the 3-MeO-PCP i could not taste any of it.

Worst:

- eating a prawn full-meal salad in a cabin in the woods, the salad turned out to have somehow spoiled and I got food poisoning and barfed inexplicably pitch black vomit...

in general, on psychedelics I get a heavy preference for fresh natural foods and against artificial ones (though I know that technically processed foods are not necessarily worse than natural foods)

My worst experience with food was during a bad Eth-lad trip. I was having trouble during the trip because it was the first after an accidental 10 hit trip. Anyways I was trying to get over my negative thoughts and it wasn't going very well but Apples sounded good so I tried eating one and my negative thoughts got to
Me and idk how to explain it but the apple tasted terrible and felt bad in my mouth. that made things worse hahaha it sucked!
You took a ten strip of ETH? How was it and how did you accidentally do this? I need a trip report :)

Typically, when i take a psychedelic, it suppresses my appetite so much that just the thought of eat a tasty burger from McDonald's or a big ol' bag of Doritos makes my stomach flip upside down.

Those choices make my stomach flip (or more like my bowels cramp) whether I'm tripping or not. :p ;)

I used to find eating to be a weird experience earlier on in my tripping, but these days I enjoy food a lot on many psychedelics. LSD is one of the best to me, also 2C-B/2C-C and I remember 2C-B-fly making me want to eat so much and I enjoyed the fruit I was eating tremendously. In general I enjoy exciting flavors, so bold things are good for me while tripping (or sober). I'd say psychedelics increase my appreciation of eating anything I would normally like.

Don't eat greasy pulled pork right after dropping 2 150ug tabs of ETH-LAD. Especially when your local science center decides to do a concert the same night.
Needless to say I barfed pulled pork chunks and BBQ sauce all over the elevator...... Right in front of the janitor.
I'll stick to fruit on LSD anaoluges from now on. Hahaha

Those choices make my stomach flip (or more like my bowels cramp) whether I'm tripping or not. :p ;)

I used to find eating to be a weird experience earlier on in my tripping, but these days I enjoy food a lot on many psychedelics. LSD is one of the best to me, also 2C-B/2C-C and I remember 2C-B-fly making me want to eat so much and I enjoyed the fruit I was eating tremendously. In general I enjoy exciting flavors, so bold things are good for me while tripping (or sober). I'd say psychedelics increase my appreciation of eating anything I would normally like.
Agreed, though I will occasionally eat Doritos. It was a much fine tuned selection when I first started to trip but now I eat whatever I'm in the mood for. Normally I just make one of my tried and true favorites. I've found you can't go terribly wrong with breakfast food personally. Some eggs with many veggies in it like an assortment of peppers and cheese in it. Fruit is always good. I've had many mouthgasms eating homemade fruit salads. My favorite being honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple. Homemade strawberry shortcake is delightful as well. Occasionally ill buy some candy as well. Usually sour fruity stuff. Its great as I normally dont indulge in candy muchat all. I also love stocking tasty drinks. Raspberry iced tea or apple Arizona. Calypso is good too. I'm usually more interested in the beverages than the food as long as I have a few decent things to eat.

Agreed, though I will occasionally eat Doritos. It was a much fine tuned selection when I first started to trip but now I eat whatever I'm in the mood for. Normally I just make one of my tried and true favorites. I've found you can't go terribly wrong with breakfast food personally. Some eggs with many veggies in it like an assortment of peppers and cheese in it. Fruit is always good. I've had many mouthgasms eating homemade fruit salads. My favorite being honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple. Homemade strawberry shortcake is delightful as well. Occasionally ill buy some candy as well. Usually sour fruity stuff. Its great as I normally dont indulge in candy muchat all. I also love stocking tasty drinks. Raspberry iced tea or apple Arizona. Calypso is good too. I'm usually more interested in the beverages than the food as long as I have a few decent things to eat.
The blue Calypso's are heavenly

That and the black cherry lemonade are my favorites. Lately though they seem to have new flavors I have yet to try unfortunately...

I stopped eating meat because once when under the influence of mushrooms I got hungry and only had a cheeseburger in the fridge that I took from the restaurant a day before. After finishing it I felt very heavy and super dull, I felt that all my body's energy went out just to dissolve that burger inside me - I felt drained and it left me burdened for hours. Then I read a lot about food and energy it produces or takes from the body and different approaches to it. My further LSD experiences and interest in Buddhism pushed it further. It was about 8 years ago. Never touched any kind of meat after that.

My best food experience was plain brown whole grain bread and fruit on LSD during a long hike. I was really hungry and it just felt so simple and nutritious! :D

Generally on psychedelics I would eat at the end of the experience and I like fresh fruits and veggies, occasional pizza, dark chocolate and I love teas! :)

bk-2C-B was the one that made eating experience amped up 100 times - I just couldnt stop eating - the food was so tasty, 3C-P was also hunger provoking but making it hard to eat...8)

It's funny you mention dog food; I've heard from a former Taco Hell employee that their meat is actually classified, on the bag, "Grade D, but edible," which is a grade below dog food. Enjoy your future Fourthmeals ;).
This is often repeated but completely untrue. For one thing there is no such thing as " grade d". Secondly, Taco Bells meat is no different from ground beef you would buy at the grocery store.

Worst was when I plugged 20mg of 2C-B
and vomited all over my kitchen. It was bad lmao.

BEST: Cool melon (honeydew or watermelon)

WORST: Box of dry crackers.

Don't like to even touch food until comedown. Loving 4-Ac0-DMT instead of Mushrooms for the stomach friendly aspects, even though I have convinced myself that 4-AcO-DMT is slightly different and less enjoyable than shrooms.

I feel compelled to echo the Calypso sentiments. I discovered them at a gas station convenience store long before they became widespread *adjusts man bun and thick-framed glasses* and instantly adopted them as my new favorite beverage(s). The peach is best IMHO, but they're all good.

Best: any type of fresh, juicy, fruit.

(Mushrooms): particularly wgenbi have a bag of shrooms I really love the taste of them (cubensis).

One time while already tripping pretty nicely I started chomping on a decent bag and after quite a many already down the hatch I suddenly had a moment of impending doom once I realized what the hell I was doing; that I was not just eating any ole tastey food.

But turns out I had an amazing trip once the fear of what I did went away.

Worst: anything that is overly heavy. Ground beef comes to mind.

I grew mushrooms once many years ago, and I was on some of them, a moderate dose. While tripping, I picked some fresh ones that had popped up and on a whim I began to eat one, and I thought it tasted so good, very nutty and delicious. I proceeded to eat two before realizing they weren't food. Or well, they were food, but food that has profound implications for the next few hours. =D