• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Placebo pills for psychological withdrawal?

nancy145

Bluelighter
My friend was smoking weed once or twice every day, but he ran out of money and didn't have a source of income (he's 17) so he had to start stealing from his mom and felt really guilty about it so now he's quitting and giving any money he gets back to his mom. He's in control of quitting, it's not to the point where he'll smoke even though he doesn't want to, but he feels pretty upset all the time and is really lazy and sleeps too much. I wanna try giving him multivitamins as a placebo, and telling him it's a drug that helps with cannabis withdrawal. He knows I know a lot about drugs and can use random pills i find around the house for random purposes whether they get you high or not, so it would be believable. Is this a good idea? I'm not too confident it'll work well, but I mean it's probably worth a try. Any opinions in it would help. thanks.
Just BTW, he's my best friend and ive known him for almost 5 years so I know he would be completely 100% OK with me doing this, plus if I do I'll tell him after.

Sounds like your heart is in the right place, he's lucky to have a good friend like you.
That being said I don't think it's a good idea. Giving someone x pills and saying they are something they're not is treading on some shaky ethical ground. Now if you wanted to give him some melatonin or valerian for insomnia or make some kava tea for anxiety that could prove to be helpful. But I wouldn't lie to your best friend. My two cents

For what it's worth, I think this is a shitty idea regardless of whether you're talking about a legitimate friend or yourself.

If you absolutely must go through with it, though, don't use multivitamins. Too much of certain vitamins and minerals can really play games with your body, and I doubt you know what your friend's total daily nutrition looks like.

Look for sugar pills. Google/Amazon-search 'em. If you're going to use a placebo, might as well go with what the typical placebo happens to be.

Or you could pick up some industrial hemp to smoke in place of actual weed. It's legal in all 50 states since 2014. No THC but plenty of CBDs and other good stuff. You can smoke it or make a tea. There's no high but it's not completely inactive. Gives a nice relaxed feeling. Would probably cut back on irritability, appetite loss & other symptoms of discontinuation.