• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

nutmeg and ritalin

Nutmeg (or at least, the Myristicin it contains) is a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor so it could be potentially extremely dangerous when combined with Methylphenidate (Ritalin). I doubt serotonin syndrome would result but hypertensive crisis is a definite possibility. Nutmeg is also really hard on your liver and a pretty heavy, full experience generally in and of itself. In my opinion, nutmeg doesn't really lend itself to neither safely nor enjoyably being mixed with many other substances and I would strongly advise you avoid this particular combination.

Nutmeg (or at least, the Myristicin it contains) is a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor so it could be potentially extremely dangerous when combined with Methylphenidate (Ritalin).

Yes, combing MAOIs like Myristicin with NDRIs (or NET/DAT inverse agonists, which Ritalin could actually be) like Ritalin causes a synergistic (non-additive) increase in monoamine levels.

I think a higher dose of solo Ritalin (you wrote 54mg, so let's say 75mg or at the most 100mg) is gonna be much safer than a combination of moderate doses of Nutmeg and Ritalin.

Have you tried nutmeg alone ? I am you can really get pounding heart and sweats for hours

Nope, I have never taken it, I only went by the scientific evidence.