Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

In desperate need of some advice please

Cancer Survivor 13

Greenlighter
Hi folks,

I am prescribed 40mg slow release oxy twice daily which I have been on for about 6 months. Lately I have found my tolerance has gone up and I haven been needing to take an extra one to have the desired prescribed effect. I had colon cancer 4 years ago which has left me with crippling dirareah and take the oxy to bung things up if you know what I mean. I do not take it to get high but rather so I can have a quality of life without running to the loo every 10 minutes, Problem is that I am going to run out before my next script and we all know what Nazis's they are about getting it on time.

So I am going to run out with about a week to go. I have experienced WD from OXY before and it is hell so I have been looking at my options. I cannot afford to buy it through back door channels so am seriously considering using heroin for the week i will be out of my prescribed supply of OXY. i have never done it before and it makes me nervous as hell but I think it is my only option to avoid the hideous OXY WD.

I could really use some help and advice here folks as I am scared as hell!

Namaste

Oxy is a shit house opiate that was meant to have a long duration.

The problem is that it doesn't. OP please read this article and direct your prescriber to read it http://www.latimes.com/projects/oxycontin-part1/

If you are truly seeking a long lived opiate that doesn't get you high but binds to opioid receptors in your stomach then you should ask your doctor about taking suboxone or methadone. These drugs don't get you "high" (when on the right dose) and I can assure you they definitely "bung" you up so you'll definitely be able to do that.

Best of all these drugs are very stable. That said you'll be taking them for a long time so clearly this isn't a small thing you'll be getting into. Furthermore if you ever want to quit you'll probably want to do it in an inpatient facility where they can help manage the withdrawal symptoms.

Hi folks,

I am prescribed 40mg slow release oxy twice daily which I have been on for about 6 months. Lately I have found my tolerance has gone up and I haven been needing to take an extra one to have the desired prescribed effect. I had colon cancer 4 years ago which has left me with crippling dirareah and take the oxy to bung things up if you know what I mean. I do not take it to get high but rather so I can have a quality of life without running to the loo every 10 minutes, Problem is that I am going to run out before my next script and we all know what Nazis's they are about getting it on time.

So I am going to run out with about a week to go. I have experienced WD from OXY before and it is hell so I have been looking at my options. I cannot afford to buy it through back door channels so am seriously considering using heroin for the week i will be out of my prescribed supply of OXY. i have never done it before and it makes me nervous as hell but I think it is my only option to avoid the hideous OXY WD.

I could really use some help and advice here folks as I am scared as hell!

Namaste
I am very sorry about your cancer and condition. Glad you pulled through. For the runs you could get some generic loperamide and use it as prescribed 1-2 pills every 6 hours I think, not 100% there. But the loperamide will help out tremendously, it will definitely dry you out. It has some other uses as well which I am sure you know about but sticking to regular dose should really help and then you won't have to take extra oxy's to have the desired result. If you have never used heroin before please don't. There are way too many negatives and high risk of danger and addiction. Hell the Loperamide taken at higher doses will shut off the oxy withdrawals nicely. So please do some more research and definitely consider leaving heroin alone. If you decide to get it I hope you know where to go or have friends that know, could be the difference between a good time and a raging inferno. So good luck to you and you will get through the week no matter what, definitely doable.

Oxycontin is a weird one in that respect, the time release aspect just doesn't seem to work properly. When I started using opiates I tried just swallowing oxycontin pills, figuring I could get a longer lasting high that way, but it seemed to only extend the high by an hour or two while weakening it substantially. They certainly never lasted 12 hours. I suspect when XR oxy is taken, a large amount of it simply doesn't get metabolized.

What makes it even more bizarre is that there are XR opiates which do work properly - Jurnista (XR Hydromorphone) would keep me high as a kite for 12 hours and nice and buzzed for another 6 afterwards, even if I did my best to grind up the pills beforehand (which didn't work very well, they're like chunks of rubber), and even though hydromorphone has a substantially lower half life than oxycodone.

I'd say go back to your doctor and talk about changing over to methadone or subutex/suboxone. In the meantime, the advice about Loperamide is good, and in a pinch you can buy some nurofen+ from the chemist and do a cold water extraction (search it on bluelight and you'll find instructions) if your script runs out and you need to stay well.