Recruiting Opioid users sought for research study (Kentucky)

UKYResearch

Greenlighter
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY RESEARCH

Opiate
Users Needed for Research Study

· Do you use opioid drugs like Lortab®,Percocet®, Oxycontin®, or heroin recreationally (for non-medical reasons)?
· Do you have experience snorting opioids?
· Can you stop taking opioids without getting sick?

If so, and you are interested in participating in a research study, please call the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research for a confidential interview to see if you qualify.
Call toll-free:
1-866-933-4UKY
The purpose of this study is to learn more about an investigational drug’s effect on opioid response. Participation will require a 6-week stay in the hospital. You will be paid for your participation. Travel expenses may be reimbursed.​
image.tiff

An Equal Opportunity University

www.UKclinicalresearch.com​

Hi, I have been using opiates my whole life, I am 42, and lucky to be here. I have used them in all variations mostly for my anxiety,but then I almost died from acute pancreatitis which has since become chronic pancreatitis, this is why I am on such a huge amount of oxycodone, . I am seeing my GP next week to ask if I can change my fentanyl patch to a fentanyl lozenge or lollypop, wish me luck. I would love to take part in your studies! Even though I am in England and I hope to hear from you soon!

Lab Help

Hello Kentucky,
Rather bad week for the state, all things being considered. I am a Veteran on somewhat mild dosage and been prescribed for several years, in lue of surgeries or lack thereof. Contact me as I would like to help with this research. or respond if done and over.

I am a 45 year old male who has used opiates IV IM Orally, Buccally, and through insuflation off and on for 25 or 26 years maybe a little more. I am currently on suboxone but I hardly take my prescription. I have done pharmaceutical and illicitly manufactured opiates of all kinds. I have increased the potency through chemistry and using potenciators. I have kicked on my own 30 to 40 times, enough that I have a process so that i barely feel any discomfort and can remain working as I halt. I know well enough I will be a life-long user, but I would halt to participate in your study. I live in Alabama and am not working due to recovery from acute pneumonia but I am not on oxygen and my pulmonologist believes at least my lungs are healthy enough for work. I have a few months to kill if this study is to happen soon I could participate. I will call soon but you are welcome to email me if I sound like my participation would be valuable.

Just called and got the run-down from a receptionist. Her coal-dusty Loretta Lynn drawl was a bit hard to penetrate, but I think I got the gist of her explanation. To wit: The double-blind Phase II study involves six weeks of hospitalized treatment with an NK1 receptor antagonist. The idea is to determine the medication's effects on the subject's ability to resist experiencing withdrawal symptoms. (As it says in the abstract, they're looking for opiate users who ordinarily *don't* get sick.) Loretta couldn't/wouldn't fill me in or speculate on the working hypothesis, but it sounds... strange.

Also, the "travel expenses" they cover include, at most, an Uber from the next town over. (In Kentucky.) But the study itself pays almost $5K, assuming you complete it, so maybe it's worth the investment for folks in the eastern States.

Hello is this study still looking for candidates to participate? It just so happens I'm in a perfect position to do so at the moment since I am laid off and at first glance I meet all the requirements . I'm gonna give that number a call and see what happens