List of 90's music

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
Ladies and gentlemen,
Sorry if this thread already exists, but I love 90's music. Lets make an archive of as many 90's bands as we can. I'll start the list off with:
1. Nirvana
2. Space Needle

Last edited:
far too many to mention!
give it a go if you like, but i wouldn't even be able to list all the bands i saw live in the 90s...

You don't have to list all of them, just one or a few bands would get it started! I am also trying to discover new music from the 90s=D

i don't really know if this thread is going to be very focused, but what the hell. :)
there was some really great music in the 1990s.
this is a local band (from perth, western australia) that i used to go and see at all ages shows when i was a young'un.

My favorites are Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, Radiohead and I enjoy that spacehog song "in the meantime".

Both decades had great music (and plenty of shitty music too).
I guess i kinda came of age in the 90s, so it's always felt like a special time in music for me personally.
A lot of the 80s music i like is stuff i discovered long after the 80s were over, whereas a lot of my favourite 90s stuff will be forever linked in my memory to the time i first heard or discovered it, or when i saw the band live (like the song i posted above).

For my money though, there has never been an era in popular music that has come close to the 1960s.
I kinda think of the 90s as the last innovative musical decade.
Maybe i'm getting old, but a lot of music and music culture since the turn of the century has been rehashed from earlier things.
Still some great music, but the second half of the 20th century was a pretty amazing time in music, and a lot of that had to do with technology.
The information age has had a weird impact on art.

Both decades had great music (and plenty of shitty music too).
I guess i kinda came of age in the 90s, so it's always felt like a special time in music for me personally.
A lot of the 80s music i like is stuff i discovered long after the 80s were over, whereas a lot of my favourite 90s stuff will be forever linked in my memory to the time i first heard or discovered it, or when i saw the band live (like the song i posted above).

For my money though, there has never been an era in popular music that has come close to the 1960s.
I kinda think of the 90s as the last innovative musical decade.
Maybe i'm getting old, but a lot of music and music culture since the turn of the century has been rehashed from earlier things.
Still some great music, but the second half of the 20th century was a pretty amazing time in music, and a lot of that had to do with technology.
The information age has had a weird impact on art.

I hear you, I am 31 so also grew up in the 90's but the parents played 80's music all the time so its what I grew up with.
I am a music fan in general, from rock to rap to dance etc
If it has a good beat I am happy

I already listed Space Needle but here is their BEST song:

and of course GG Allin, even tho this song is just a cover:

the last verse cracks me up. very appropriate=D

Last edited:
Quick list off the top of my head:

PJ Harvey
Built to Spill
Fugazi
Radiohead
Portishead
Massive Attack
Tricky
Outkast
Stereolab

I'll add a few (off the top of my head and in no particular order...but they are some of my favorites)...Also, some of these acts straddle decades. But I think of the 90s as their peak period.

PS: quiet roar--nice call on PJ Harvey! 'Dry' and 'Rid of Me' are two of my all-time favorite albums

Jesus Lizard
Rapeman -> Flour -> Shellac
Mudhoney
Soundgarden
Melvins
Sleater Kinney
Liz Phair
Hole (only 'Live through this' is worth a damn tho)
Zeni Geva
Boredoms
Tool (I know most people like their later stuff more, but their first 2 albums--from the 90s--are my favorites)

...with Nirvana to rule them all

Who remembers this little know sub pop band from the 90's. Kudos if you do. I really liked their sound.

oh geez. the 90's. what a great era. I mean maybe not the best music, but hey maybe the best music. lol. From grunge to gangster rap. Something unheard of at the time. Nothing like the 60's or 70's. In my opinion, some of the most unique music. Possibly one of the best and last eras of true music. There was an explosion of diversity! Hootie and the Blowfish and Pearl Jam to Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, and N'sync. Seriously, what an incredible time. I mean really, this list goes on and on. But hell yeah, Spin Docs are a throw back. what about Sugar ray.I remember I was 8 or 9 when they (sugar ray) put out the song "cash" and i liked it just because they said the "F word" so many times. probably one of the worst songs thats ever been created haha.

Where's my tweakers at to alphabetize this capsule of 90's music?8(

Last edited:
Presidents of the United States of America. That first album they had kicks ass. Still jam to it today.
Toadies.
Weezer (Pinkerton).
The Smashing Pumpkins.
Rage Against the Machine.
Blind Melon.
Oasis.

To name a few..