• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How do I stop depending on marijuana for my depression

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
For years I've depended on marijuana for my depression, I'll always be depressed while sober and then I smoke and it fixes everything. How do I stop that?

In my experience I just needed something to do to get my mind off of just getting high for that reason, mainly just yard work aside from my normal job.

Although if you're like present me (I developed Ankylosing Spondylitis) and have a lot of free time, I could understand how that wouldn't really be an option... I haven't tried anything else because I haven't had the need to, but where I live I think to apply for disability I have to get drug tested first so I have to figure something out.

I know any time I go on vacation I never feel the need to smoke but I highly doubt any of us could afford to go on vacation frequently sadly.

Bro, figure out what is causing your depression and fix that shit. Saying you depend on marijuana for your depression just sounds to me like its keeping you trapped in the depression bubble you are now so used to and probably have become comfortable with. Either way, goodluck.

Ya you gotta find the source of your depression. Whether it's trauma u experienced , you have a shitty family , whatever it is, you have to figure it out and go through a healing process.

Man I wish I could just smoke some weed and feel ok. I need like ... hard drugs .
A lot of people are depressed and turn to drugs and ruin there lives and their kids lives and in the end after they hit rock bottom they are still alive , and they have to deal with MORE depression as a side effect from the drug use and they STILL have to deal with their problems.
I'm happy for you that you can smoke weed and feel ok. This is coming from a x heroine addict and current alcoholic who's been sober 6 days. ( I go on binges )
I just went through a Benzo withdrawal too.
I'm sorry you feel this way. it does majorly suck having to live with depression.
I'm working on finding out who I really am.
I've been trying to fill myself with positive things. And raise my overall vibration.
I don't believe in psych meds , I DO believe in psychedelics :)
If you really want to heal yourself , I believe you CAN do it.
I didn't ask myself WHY I felt the way I did until AFTER I went through years of drug abuse .

Tell the universe you are ready for healing . Make that your reality and set your path .
The possibilities are endless

I think he just doesn't want to feel like he HAS to smoke weed , in order to be ok.
Like he just wants to be ok .
I mean it kinda takes the fun out of it right? If u associate your favorite thing with being depressed and feeling helpless .
(Assuming weed is the favorite thing here)
Weed should just be enjoyed and loved without reminding you that you are held hostage by depression. Imo
It's normal to be depressed sometimes, but if it's been going on for years , that's unhealthy and it's a problem.
Even if all you need is a little weed.
Hopefully it stays that way .
Not depressed but .... the weed only part ....

Do stuff you can't do high, or can't do as well high. Go lift weights, study interesting topics, develop future goals. Just do things and eventually your dependence on weed will become a craving rather than a need.