• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Game Word Association Thread v. Let's Join Hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have some of that I've managed to keep alive. Except I didn't trim it right and it's woody and bitter, like its gardner. What I really need is cilantro . But soon as the sun comes up that shit bolts and all I get are a few coriander.

It wasn't easy but I killed the oregano too. TBF it was rooted out of the pot, and I couldn't really free it. What I don't get is generic boring parsley. I don't know if it even has a flavor.

No it doesn't, its bland and just a garnish as far as I am concerned.

Now a really good spice for me is sweet basil

There are many variety of basil leaves too, ocimun basisicum has dark green leaves, and it?s most common. Good as an antioxidant.

A typo on the iron content of spinach (left out a decimal) is why Popeye ate it for strength. If you want some serious leafy veg, you want collards , boiled with a piece of slab bacon.

Collard greens are for Southerners, West Coaster. With cornbread. And a side of bacon. And fried or roasted chicken. And...

Last edited:
Slow down Miss Dixie, I had a friend from Wisconsin who ate that stuff just cause he liked it. Bachelor food for him.

I learned today it's just another cultivar of cabbage .

Black folks all over the country make collard greens. They're goooood eatin' if done well. Mmmm now I want soul food

I love Nando's and Jamaican jerk chicken and ribs... Nando's has this great hot sauce with peri peri, a member of genus Capsicum.
I miss Nando's!! :(

I bet none of you have tried a Fresno beerock before. I KNOW you 've never made one.

We have lots of Armenians too.

No, it's strictly a local delicacy, meaning it's morphed from a made-up Armenian orthodox thing to a Catholic mestiza monstrosity, with Franciscan influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.