• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Game Word Association Thread v. Let's Join Hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nightshade

i think someone told me that potatoes come from the same family as nightshade or they may even be a tuber of a specific nightshade plant. i dunno
and the buses are cool, they just brought out some new ones with two sets of stairs (i'm easily impressed) - never been on the old one tho :(

Solanaceae family includes nightshade, potatoes and tomatoes. Yes, some poison is in each of those, which is why (I think) you don't eat green potatoes (land grant ag school, mandatory info). That school, UC Davis has a fleet of double decker buses they actually got from some English place. They don't seat enough, take two people to operate, and are terrifying on curves. Plus those don't go anywhere interesting.

Brassicaceae family includes all the other veggies you eat. Just one giant out-bred cabbage.

Paper money. "I'd have cabbage galore in the bank if I were more frugal"

I heard some Trump campaign members were trading some Ameros for Info.

(Doesn't this seem like a really new one to everyone? Like I swear only the last couple years, only in print.)

Last edited:
All I know is that Harriet Tubman the African American female abolitionist (i.e., wanted to end slavery) who was born a slave, escaped, went back and helped free some 300 slaves, was part of the John Brown uprising at Harper's Ferry, and served an armed scout and spy for the Union deserves to be on American money. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.