• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much antioxidants to take?

Inds

Bluelighter
So I heard antioxidants are excellent in preventing neurotoxicity. What kind of antioxidant should I buy and how much/when do I take before the roll?

Vitamin E, vitamin C, R-ALA, and metformin are all excellent. Any standard dose of each a few hours before rolling and then again 1-2 hours after dropping is what I've found to be the most beneficial.

I do usually skip the vitamin C or do sodium ascorbate to avoid the extra acidity though. Metformin especially has been shown to negate neurotoxicity from MDMA very well from what I've read.

Too many people nowadays take all types of vitamins but what we don't realize is that sometimes we end up taking much more vitamins that our body needs as everything you are looking for is in a good diet. You have all sort of great antioxidants in a good salad together with proteins etc.

I grew up with the concept that you only need any sort of medications including vitamins if your body shows deficit of levels of such antioxidants. From my perspective, you would be better off trying to have a balanced diet with good nutrients you'll have it all. Exercise, find something you like to do and eat well. That is IMO the best recipe to have a healthy life, unless you are sick obviously.

^yes accept two things. One, I'd bet that less than 1-2% of Americans truly have a balanced/healthy diet. I'm a paid/sponsored athlete for a nutrition company and my diet is good by my standards (and damn near perfect by societies standards) but still not as good as it should be.

Two, having a balanced healthy diet and getting adequate levels of vitamins and minerals is completely and totally unrelated to using bolus doses of said vitamins/antioxidants in a very specific manner to prevent the acute neurotoxic effects of a very powerful methylated amphetamine.

Swim15, so I need E, C R-ALA and metformin all together or just one of them will do? I think I have more or less of a balanced diet. I do not eat junk food. I'm not as fit as I wanna be but I'd rather be slender than chubby to be honest.
I do know what Vitamin C is and I have plenty of fruit juices rich with it but I'd rather have pills because then I know exactly how much I'm putting into my body. Also, I wanna avoid vitamin C if possible because I heard it increases likelihood of getting intestinal cramps which I seem particularly sensitive to and which I do NOT wanna deal with when high on ecstasy. I rolled in april when I had a cold and it went very well. Last month I rolled when I had a stomach virus/diarrhea and I did not have a good time.

Erikmen, I agree people are too doped up nowadays but know that it's impossible to have a perfectly balanced diet where you're getting exactly the right amount of every vital nutrient. I'm only seeking supplements in special occasions like this one when doing ecstasy to minimize tolerance and neurotoxicity. Accordingto this article https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_article3.shtml antioxidants did just that but they injected the rats rather than feed by mouth.

It's best to combine all of those. Cheap and effective and vitamin c shouldn't cause cramps. Just try it another time and find out

Ok, I'll take that cocktail with a vitamin C-rich fruit drink, how long before the roll? Should I take it again during the roll and the day after? How does Vitamin B Complex add to the mix? I was suggested that a while ago in the middle of a roll.
Vitamin C is known to cause diarrhea if you take too much which is why I need to know how much to take. I'll probably take half of vitamin C than recommended given my apparent sensitivity to bowel irritation.

Honestly I wouldn't do the drink but that's just me. Side effects like that are from really high doses of vitamin c. Standard dose of 500-1000mg should be fine. See my original pose for timing

Fine, you dont want me to have any liquids, you evil bastard. And sorry, I re-read your post and understand now I should take a few hours before the roll and a few hours after the peak? Do I take 500mg of every one of those pills or should I just go with whatever's available at the pharmacy counter?

Fine, you dont want me to have any liquids, you evil bastard. And sorry, I re-read your post and understand now I should take a few hours before the roll and a few hours after the peak? Do I take 500mg of every one of those pills or should I just go with whatever's available at the pharmacy counter?

Definitely drunk liquids lol. And no, just take the standard dose of each one. Probably 200-400iu E, 500-100 C, 100mg R-ALA, 500-1000mg metformin.

Magnesium can also help a lot with the jaw tremors if you get them

Ok, I'll do that. I don't really get jaw tremors. I do grind my teeth a bit but it isn't an issue. I won't be biting my tongue off any time soon.
Should I take any Vitamin B Complex?

Ok, I'll do that. I don't really get jaw tremors. I do grind my teeth a bit but it isn't an issue. I won't be biting my tongue off any time soon.
Should I take any Vitamin B Complex?

Not really any reason to

Hey, I got everything from the pharmacy except metformin which they said needs a prescription and is used to treat diabetes. This isn't an oxidant. What do I need it for?

Hey, I got everything from the pharmacy except metformin which they said needs a prescription and is used to treat diabetes. This isn't an oxidant. What do I need it for?

Yeah it does need a prescription but you can get it from online pharmacies pretty much anywhere. It does act as an antioxidant and there are studies showing it is incredibly neuroprotective against MDMA neurotoxicity