Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Shrooms / 1.5 g - Some experience but not much - Bad aftereffects and trauma

help1234

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so SWIM recently took shrooms (three days ago) for the third time in their life. However, this was their first time actually tripping. SWIM took ~0.3 grams the first time with their SO, went to a restaurant with a bad vibe, and though did not have any visuals, felt uncomfortable and scared and believed that the people around SWIM were aliens. Felt slightly shaken up afterwards, but generally recovered after not thinking about it too much, remembering that it was just a drug, and then deciding to be less judgmental towards people in life since they felt very judged and self-conscious while on the drug.

Second time SWIM took shrooms: decided to take 0.6g despite being recommended 1.0g, with SO and a friend who left to go do their own thing after a couple hours, had an awesome time. Again, no actual visuals, however lost balance at one point and blabbered about how the moon was a person and gave a friendly wave to the ants. Thought that the world was extremely beautiful and found the Beatles' music enchanting and the prettiest sounding thing ever. Overall great time.

Now, SWIM's third time taking shrooms. Decided to go with people's recommendations and take 1.5g. Decided to take it with SO and two other people. Was told to just take people's recommendation, and that SWIM would have a great time and probably would not really trip or hallucinate much on 1.5g. What actually happened is that while outside with the group, the colors around SWIM began to change. People's face would not stick to one color. If SWIM went to an area that had a lot of green, then the whole world began to look green. If SWIM went somewhere with a lot of blue, the whole world looked bluish. This was scary as SWIM has always been afraid of hallucinations, but SWIM went along with it. Until the world began to look very crazy. SWIM was not expecting this and began to freak out. Sound became very frightening and SWIM would hear it with echoes. Everything was constantly changing colors and SWIM's vision was doubled. SWIM kept seeing faces everywhere SWIM looked. There were faces in the sky and in the grass and the world kept changing more and more and was extremely intense. This was scary, but not that bad. Then SWIM, who was freaking out and crying, was taken inside. SWIM began to see things melting and things blending into each other. Faces looked extremely detailed and scary and looked as if they were melting off people's faces. SWIM saw lizard scales on their SO's face, and now when SWIM looks at SO they get flashbacks and get scared. SWIM kept seeing more and more intense hallucinations and realized that it would only get worse and would go on for hours, and began to feel very scared and upset. Then it got even worse. SWIM began to lose their senses and could no longer feel things properly. SWIM does not exactly remember why, but they remember feeling as if reality didn't exist anymore and they did not know what was real and what wasn't and they were so scared they wanted to die. SWIM understands that this is what tripping is supposed to be like, but they were not expecting that whatsoever, nor did they want it, and decided to try and be a cool person who just goes along with things and took 1.5g, to people's recommendations.

The people around SWIM took 2g, 3.0, and 3.0g, and they did not experience anything like that. The person on 2.0g had minor visuals. The people on 3.0g experienced the same type of visuals and reality bending experience that SWIM felt, however they were experienced shrooms and acid takers and generally enjoyed it and handled.

Now, SWIM has been told that they should take this as a lesson in learning to let go and go with the flow and had SWIM done that on the trip, they would have enjoyed themselves.

SWIM would like to ask the community at bluelight two things: one, are shrooms really that meaningful and life changing and didn't SWIM "let go" and "go with the flow" by deciding to go on the trip anyway? SWIM understands that they have issues with letting go of control in general and is an anxious person who suffers from OCD, but isn't that a bit much to ask of them at the moment? SWIM feels rather traumatized from that experience that they never expected to have nor did they want.

And two: SWIM still feels numb and has lost their ability to use and feel their hands. If SWIM tries to bring two thumbs together without looking, SWIM has a hard time. SWIM also has a hard time gripping things properly and generally feels like they are lethargic and smoked way too much weed. Also, the world looks a little different colorwise. When will this go away? It's been days.

Thank you for reading all of this! Please help if you can.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
They're supposed to "let go" during the trip, as in they shouldn't fight it. I know that can be hard to do while freaking out but I don't know what else to tell them, its important that they don't try to stay sober.
I had a similar experience, also on 1.5g, where i knew my trip was going sour. I eventually just sat down an thought to myself. "Okay, I fucked up. This is happening and i cant take it back. Nothing left to do but be an adult and live with my mistakes." and started doodling. Next thing i know i cant stop giggling at the stupid things I'm drawing and I'm just wishing i had more shrooms.

Also the after effects are normal. Shrooms are known for having an uplifting afterglow, though what they're describing sounds pretty unusual. It should go away withing the next week or so.