• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Psychosis? Or is empathy/telepathy real?

PocketLady

Bluelighter
So I'm really not sure whether I'm having some kind if break from reality when I take MDMA or psychedelics at festivals. It started a few years back when I'd taken quite a lot of MDMA followed by some mushrooms. As I was coming up on the shrooms I got the sense that everyone around me was telepathic in some way - that it was this secret which you kind of had to figure out yourself.

I continued to have experienced like this at festivals for the last few years. I felt like there was some kind of energy or vibe that we were all sensitive to when high on drugs. Weird things started happening, like if I was giving off a negative vibe at any given point, the music would go weird, or people would start bumping in to me or acting weird around me. But on the other hand, when I was completely in the present and totally open and accepting, the music would be amazing all of a sudden.

I remember going back to my tent one time when I was wasn't feeling too good, and there was this guy literally screaming like his was in pain not too far away. I also remember thinking that a guy in a band was playing the trombone badly, and he stormed off stage like he was really pissed. I could easily write this off as coincidence, but when I say that at least 10+ of these "coincidences" would happen per night would not be in any way exaggerating. I feel when a group of people are high on drugs we can all feel exactly what the other people are feeling, almost to the extent of telepathy.

It only really occurred to me the other day that this might be some kind of psychosis. I looked up "thought broadcasting" which is a symptom of schizophrenia and psychosis which basically describes what i think is happening, except I only believe it happens when I am around other people on drugs and I don't believe it's happening to me exclusively, if that makes sense? It's not a special ability I have, but something that happens as a result of taking drugs.

So am I crazy? Would really appreciate responses from everyone, but am very interested to here from people who go to festivals/raves regularly.

Psychedelic drugs can cause a lot of different sensations to occur, and you can't believe most of them. We are good at seeing patterns, in fact it's a big part of what our brain processing is doing. However, sometimes you see what isn't there, especially when you're altered on psychedelics. You can attribute greater significance to events than you normally would. I remember when I was a kid, I got picked on a lot, and I'd be out on the playground, and watch the kids who were mean to me running around and playing, and envision energy coming from my eyes and gathering around their feet, and trying to make them trip and fall with it. Most of the time it didn't work but sometimes, they happened to stumble or trip when I was doing it. I took that as "proof" that it was working, when in reality, it was a coincidence (kids stumble quite often compared to adults) that I WANTED to be real.

That said, I have had some crazy experiences. They did involve drugs though so who knows, but the craziest one was pretty hard to explain unless there was some sort of broadcasting happening, or else I was experiencing an extremely convincing level of psychosis that made me see and hear things that weren't happening. Basically I had a peak experience on 4-AcO-DMT, 2C-B and AMT, and after that I did some ketamine. In the morning when I emerged form that, I felt SO charged, I felt like an instrument of the universe. That morning, whenever I would come near my cat, he would start to get really nervous and when I'd try to pet him (normally he insists I pet/snuggle him almost 100% of the time) he would start ramming his face into the floor and walking in circles making yowling sounds. Really weird behavior, it freaked me and my ex out actually. Then we went to church (my girlfriend at the time was the church pianist and I was in the choir). The choir was full of older people, the youngest was a couple in their 40s but most of them were 60+, and I knew them well over the course of probably 2 years by then. Basically the whole day at church, everyone was acting really strangely. I got into the choir room and this old man who normally is very dour and doesn't really interact with anyone came up behind me, grinning, and started repeatedly poking me in the shoulder. When I turned to look at him he actually ran away giggling. Everyone was really loose and jovial and being silly, and it was impossible for the choir director to get order in the room. People were saying stuff like "this is such a weird day". Then the service started, and the same thing was happening with the pastor and the whole congregation. The pastor at one point said something like "wow, I think we're really all filled with the holy spirit today, what's happening right now?" People were calling out jokes and stuff, very uncharacteristic of the group. It seemed to me that things other people were feeling were matching aspects of how I was feeling. But I'll never know if it really was like that or if I was attributing stuff I saw to myself falsely due to some amount of mania or psychosis.

Besides that though, empathy is a real thing for sure. Have you ever just felt the emotions coming off of someone who enters the room, without even looking? We can feel each other's feelings, I think some people moreso than others. In college we had a friend who was schizophrenic, very nice guy but very intense, and his energy was extremely abrasive. We'd be hanging out in a dorm room, and the dorm wing main door would open (which it did very often since many people lived there), and whenever it was this guy entering (he'd still be half a hall away and we couldn't see who was coming in), everyone would look up and cringe, you could just feel the guy coming closer and closer.

I wouldn't worry about it. These experiences can be fun. Are they real? Maybe sometimes. Are they still interesting to experience? Yes. :)

Your not crazy, I've had these thoughts and feelings before many times. Sometimes when on drugs and sometimes not.

You certainly can go crazy from it though, some people read far to much into it and it becomes psychosis.

Accepting that we all connected to an extent not widely known about or acknowledged however is a different thing...

Theres a fine line in what you are talking about.

On one end of the scale theres people who have gone batshit of amphetamines and think everything is about them or some psychic connection,
on the other end which IMO is real,
is being a sensative to the states of minds and vibrations given off living creatures around you.

Its not some cut and dry thing. We are all connected. Humans do not understand everything. At the same time though making correlations such as the guy screaming or the band member walking off stage are not related to you at all. I mean its possible you felt a vibe but be careful with your thought and belief on this.

You are not crazy PocketLady, (as far as I know jk ). "Coincidence is God's way of Remaining Anonymous" Einstein. There's a very large mixture of things happening at festivals. I support both responses. From my experiences, doing things like MDMA, LSD, and so on/so fourth, and being quite engaged by/in spiritual activities such as meditation/prayer.. makes it very likely (in my opinion) to be training oneself to sense things beyond the Ego. Sometimes things just happen.

I think in certain cases, perhaps even yours... the state could be a form of psychosis taking place temporarily. However. it is entirely dependent on the NATURE of the COINCIDENCES. ask yourself, "what did you know that you shouldn't have known?" Certain things should be looked into, but going about things as if you have "magical powers" that could be unhealthy. Thoughts like that inflate the Ego.

I've had experiences with that state of psychosis you're talking about, but I've also had (too many to count) experiences with what you're hinting at. Telepathy/Clairvoyance The real deal is quite opposite from what a psychotic state produces; and only similar to a psychedelic experience in a few aspects. The thought broadcasting state is extraordinarily distinct. That is crazy. Recognizing the other however is something that takes a very very very long time, and that's just recognition.. Psychedelic experiences can enhance your ability to notice those things in sobriety, however it is in no way the same as purposely trying to pay attention to "Powers," that are not real. It's more like being hyper focused on reality to where you actually do sort of enter a higher state of consciousness.. similar to the ones that psychedelics introduce you to, only your perception is not clouded and there is no intoxicatation. It's like saying, "I'm here... very here... but I'm also a few steps back observing the filter of processes... and knowledge happens to arrive." PM me if you'd like to talk more.

I think telepathy can be real but it's completely spontaneous.

And in most people it's likely a mental condition rather than the genuine article.