• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Using DMT monthly for sobriety?

Havocsfool

Bluelighter
So I've given up opiates and I am tapering on Kratom. I used DMT this week and it was great! My question is I'm thinking of using DMT once a month To every three months and giving up all other drugs, including weed and alcohol.DMT kind of fulfills what I need from drugs and it is intense enough that I wouldn't want it more then once a month or every two months. Do you think this could be a realistic strategy for being relatively sober? Any psychological problems from DMT at this usage level? I know most of this has been answered before, but I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on using it for maintaining a relatively sober lifestyle.

I think it's fine. I know a lady with hellov kids who as soon as she wakes up in the morning she would puff on the deamsters and that was her thing.
That was definitely unhealthy. EVERY DAY
Surley you can imagine . . .
Once or twice a month sounds great! And you'll be happy?!

Hell ya go for it. !!

Clearly we can't tell you to take currently illegal drugs for MH reasons. And everyone's experience varies, even a bit.

Psychedelics are getting lots of new looks for mental health applications. Most studies have been small. It's still in early trials.

Hopefully we'll see faster-acting medications within a decade or two. Ketamine already has somewhat of a name for itself.

Personally I would think that if you are habitually using DMT or any psychoactive substance you wouldn't be considered sober.. but as far as using it as a way to abstain from opiates and cannabis, I would think that it's unnecessary. What would be your reason to use DMT as far as abstaining goes?

I don't see how it would help you unless you are having a hard time mentally giving up the drugs and still desire the head change or whatever you want to call it. Even then there are better ways of coping imo.