• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Words .....

What is to be done with the Word of the Day thread?

• Start a new thread for interesting words

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Start a new thread for word tennis

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Go full-on postal with a loaded modstick and banhammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask Spade's Mum

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BecomingJulie

Bluelight Crew
It has come to the attention of certain persons, that certain persons are fundamentally in dispute with certain other persons with regards to the matter of the Word of the Day Thread. There is a purist faction that holds that the thread should be strictly for introducing the sort of interesting words that one might be lucky enough to hear only once per day, and a faction that simply keeps mentioni g words that have something in commonw with the previous word.

There is of course only one way to resolve such a dispute. Unfortunately, the local deathmatch arena is closed for essential maintenance, so we are forced to resort to a poll.

What's to be done about the Word of the Day Thread?

"Word tennis" - I like that =D

Though I reckon Spade's mum has the final say...

There is a sub thread for words.... I'm sure they'd love some new blood.

There is also word association in TL.

We have word of the day. Personally I don't mind more than one interesting word Contributed by the same person I just find that it turns into word association far too often resulting in Confusion.

We already have (or at least had) a word association thread. The fact that the WotD thread got hijacked cos a few folk visited Teh Lounge and forgot we already had one doesn't make "purists" in the wrong imo. Having said that, I see no reason why both can't exist in the same thread - nor why the old word association thread can't be resurrected.

EDIT: Ha! Despite how that may look, we didn't compare notes nor even know we were both replying to this thread. Honest, guv(s) (and guvettes)! :D

There should be two: a posh words thread for high-brow stuff, and a Poundstrecher thread for cheap words. I like the purpose of both.

All this stuff about there already being a words thread here and there already: there can never be too many words threads.

a Poundstrecher thread for cheap words.

All this time I've been meaning to look up what must be an awesome German word, Poundstrecher, a noun that's probably a military term akin to "grunt", and finally realize it's just a damn dollar store.

There should be two: a posh words thread for high-brow stuff, and a Poundstrecher thread for cheap words. I like the purpose of both.

All this stuff about there already being a words thread here and there already: there can never be too many words threads.

Its illegal to use that avatar, soz x

the only word worth all this agro is SHAZZAAAM. If you dont understand or disagree then come back when you got some sass and we can chat.

Sister got fire, shes a keeper....

so they say....

Heh, when CFC started posting here, I thought it was you because of that avatar...
Even If everyone in here had the same avatar and the nik ColtDan I'd be confident in spotting the real Dan just by writing style alone. Alot of you actually. It can be as identifying as anything.