• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Feeling welcome, needed. Being productive and enjoying it. Despite all of this Monday's stress, at the end I felt proud we had accomplished something together.

An exceptional day at work possibly resulting in a raise/ promotion (although I think I'd be happier where I'm at with just the raise) & a couple hours with the Parents. Rarely are Mondays so nice.. %)

Raise and promotion! Congrats man! Some Mondays are better than others.

I know, I'm also possibly going to replace a colleague of mine far far away.

If it happens it's going to be a very welcome money, besides and I'll get to see people I haven't seem for decades.
Freeze to death too, as it may happen later at the end of this year. :) I'm very excited and at this time I'm going solo

Oooh, your daughter is going away to college AND your heading out to lands unknown, or at least haven't known for awhile, for a posh new job. Erik the soon to be Toff.. Nice (& Exciting!) :)

To be honest JA the main reason I accepted this challenge was to get away for a while. It's not only about the money or the travel, mostly because I'm trying to adjust to our new routine. I'm already thinking about my youngest. We want what's best for him. But I imagine it's going to be tough being in here just me and my wife. We haven't been alone ever since we have had kids, a long time ago, although I way started too early.

I'm happy everything turned out fine, kids grow up fast and they find their ways out. I always tell them to stay for as long as they wish. The independence call is louder I guess! It was for me, although my path was a lot different, having to do everything at once on my own.

But who says that can't be exciting! I'm only 45+ yo! ;)

I hear ya, and don't doubt it will be a double edged sword at times, but after all the obstacles you've overcome you're an excellent candidate. High school'ers are allergic to parents anyways so maybe this will be a good time. Your title of dad might switch to grandpa before you know it. I sure wish the best for ya and hope you post some of your adventure. :)

Going away for a weekend of fun and family. Grateful that I can still do this!

Good "cleaning" day. Got all budgeting reports done, teamed up with HR to finish all operational work.

Well, a mile stone in my job today is getting my most tedious work out of the way, glad everything worked out. There are times where I think that 'this task is impossible' then I go over my work load and start from the top, and slowly but surely things work out.

Pretty much frees up the rest of my work day by doing the small tasks that i havnt been able to get to.

Some people will do just enough to keep them busy all day long so to prevent other's to take advantage of their deserved free time. ;)

I guess you can never be too comfortable in some places especially in private business, or maybe if you work with finances. There will always be something left to be done. Gladly my day was calm and productive. I'm feeling this is about to end very soon.

Spoke with my mom today, have been kind of avoiding her here lately. Really been distancing myself from my entire family.

So my mother was fighting back tears on the other line, telling me that she was looking at baby pictures of my brother,sister and of me. I can tell my mother is having it the worst because she took care of my older brother most of his life every single day,up until he was like 19 or something.
That phone call was hard on my end because i knew she was going to start crying, and it still hasn't hit me yet.

There's a botanical garden back home where i am from that my family has spoke with them about planting a tree to honor my brother, and i think that would be a wonderful idea.

D's, I didn't know you lost a brother. I'm very sorry about that. After my son died, everything focused on me and my husband but I know this is so hard in a totally different way for my surviving son; he lost his brother.

Just tell your mom you love her. If you need space that is OK.<3