• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Nice long weekend with no plans so hopefully spend some time relaxing and reading a good book.

I had a long conversation for a couple of hours with my oldest friend who was psychotic on meth for over a year and ended up homeless and got shot, he's been with his parents for nearly 2 months, in rehab/treatment. He's sounding so much more like himself, and he's finally feeling pretty good without drugs. He seems a little manic still maybe but it's hard to say for sure, he was telling me about some stories from that time that I assumed were delusions, though he understands that people living in his walls and making tunnels under his floor and stuff were definitely delusions. He said his rehab therapist is trying to get him on benzos and Adderall (!!??), but he told her that he wasn't going to go on those, which I'm glad to hear. We talked about music for a long time (we're both musicians) which was great. I feel like I'm getting my friend back. :)

That is so great. I feel like those of us that have been reading his story (and yours as his friend) have all been holding our breath for him and it is fantastic to hear he is recovering.<3 I bet his parents are finally sleeping at night again.

My chronically ill horse is finally recovering from a third bout of pneumonia.........

My chronically ill horse is finally recovering from a third bout of pneumonia.........

I think I know the feeling. My dog is also sick, he’s getting old but behaves like a small puppy sometimes.

Hope your horse feels better. <3 So many antibiotics have side effects but it must be working.

I am finally back home after losing a conection and experiencing unexpected delays. Almost 20 days traveling made me feel so good, relaxed. I feel positive, quite myself actually, despite of all the tiredness.

We have not had the time to unpack yet, back to long hours of work. It will take some time to get back to normal. We have been talking constantly since we got back. :)

Wish you all a great week!

Last edited:
He just turned 20 y/o, but acts like a young colt haha!

The antibiotics are strong, but they're working!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Welcome home, Erikmen! I have the "travel bug" so intense right now.

Thanks Herbavore. Me too!

I have always loved to travel and have done so for a long time, but now that I got a taste of this feeling again I am ready to leave in my next opportunity. It makes me feel refreshed. :)

Woke up in the pretty, very blue predawn. Loved the quiet and the solitude.

^ Sweet!=D

Although waking up with a difficult anxious, perspective, I had some great realisations today about the wonderful strength, passion and connectedness of people; because of interactions with people.

Also this.

He just turned 20 y/o, but acts like a young colt haha!

The antibiotics are strong, but they're working!

Thanks for the well wishes!

We should talk about horses sometime. Our profile pics are almost the same!

as far as on topic goes... I finally got the balls to ask this girl out but she didn't want it. I feel better knowing it's a no then though. Recovery starts now, not years from now.

^ Sweet!=D

Although waking up with a difficult anxious, perspective, I had some great realisations today about the wonderful strength, passion and connectedness of people; because of interactions with people.

Also this.

Very nice. Thanks. Really enjoy the things you post and loved the song you sent me to listen to on the music thread awhile ago.
I can't get on that thread very often because of all the videos. My computer just shuts down, I did try and sent you something back and tell you I liked the song but my computer wasn't having it, so thanks!
Sucks because I love the music thread.

Also I think we are fellow Cancerians. Yes?

I had a long conversation for a couple of hours with my oldest friend who was psychotic on meth for over a year and ended up homeless and got shot, he's been with his parents for nearly 2 months, in rehab/treatment. He's sounding so much more like himself, and he's finally feeling pretty good without drugs. He seems a little manic still maybe but it's hard to say for sure, he was telling me about some stories from that time that I assumed were delusions, though he understands that people living in his walls and making tunnels under his floor and stuff were definitely delusions. He said his rehab therapist is trying to get him on benzos and Adderall (!!??), but he told her that he wasn't going to go on those, which I'm glad to hear. We talked about music for a long time (we're both musicians) which was great. I feel like I'm getting my friend back. :)

This made me smile and makes me very glad. I know how much it has hurt you to see your friend like this and not be able to do anything to help him. This is great news!

Ive been tapering off heroin
Just got my nails done and they look great
Tmrw i get on a plane to see my man
The kitty i rescued a few months ago is curled up in a patch of sun on my bed, not starving and dirty in the street :)

Ive been tapering off heroin
Just got my nails done and they look great
Tmrw i get on a plane to see my man
The kitty i rescued a few months ago is curled up in a patch of sun on my bed, not starving and dirty in the street :)

<3<3<3 Simple pleasures and profound changes.