View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this normal?

cannablissss

Bluelight Crew
Alright guys, how's it been? Over the past 6 months I have used acid about 10 times, and I definitely have the same experience over and over again, except a little more intense when I'm on more tabs.

Here's how it goes. Before I begin, I must add that I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder and severe anxiety with agoraphobia, which may or may not play a role in my mind-indulging experiences.

I usually start off with 2 tabs, and then maybe one or two more 30 minutes later depending on how I initially feel. Everything becomes hilarious, my body feels light and relaxed, and slight trails start to kick in. Within 60-90 minutes I am usually laughing my ass off at the slightest things, some which wouldn't be funny at all in a sober mindset. I go through the first 2 to 3 hours playing video games and enjoying the colors, watching movies, stepping outside and enjoying my surroundings, and I am distracted for a long while. Then my mind kicks in to overdrive and the thoughts are completely ENDLESS! I've had a couple of experiences where I was having deep conversations with my fiancé and a few pals and I was completing their sentences for them and "mindfucking" them, as you say. The way that acid messes with your mind, giving your questions questions, if that makes sense.

Less then halfway through my trip I start to become very emotional. I usually have to sit in the bathroom by myself for a good half hour while my eyes are just raining (I don't even notice it most of the time) and I really question life. My tears just fall without effort. I start crying about everything, things I typically wouldn't be upset about, but at the same time while I'm with my fiancé I feel completely in love, physically. I feel very tingly on the inside and I'll even cry over how much I love him and I will start to describe these feelings.

What bothers me is that, although I have really good experiences with tripping, especially when it turns philosophical, why do I get SO emotional? Why do I cry every single time the tabs sit under my tongue? I know it's not the amount, because it's happened from as little as just one tab up to 5 tabs in a night (I know that's a large amount, would do it again though) and I always thought acid was supposed to be a pleasant, weight lifting experience. It really can be, but I don't know why I get so emotional. Could my anxiety be playing a role? I even smoke weed throughout the majority of my trip but it doesn't calm the emotions at all. Anyone else experience or has experienced this?

Any input would be appreciated for future trips. Thank you.

Do you hold your emotions in all the time while sober?

I noticed that also in the beginning. Years and years of being too manly to cry every once in awhile. LSD is awesome:)

I even smoke weed throughout the majority of my trip but it doesn't calm the emotions at all.

Smoking weed will not necessarily get you more mellowed-out during an acid trip - often it will do just the opposite, making the experience even more intense. That is perfectly normal.

I don't necessarily hold them in while sober; a lot of the times I am describing to my fiancé how much I love him! It does make the subconscious thoughts come out though, ones that I typically don't think about on a day to day basis.

As for the weed thing, I guess I had been wrong in hearing it would help calm my nerves! Perhaps the weed is adding onto my emotional anxiety.

Smoking weed will not necessarily get you more mellowed-out during an acid trip - often it will do just the opposite, making the experience even more intense. That is perfectly normal.

QFT.

Cannabliss, it's very common for LSD to accentuate the emotions associated with whatever's going on in your life, whether positive or negative, so what you're going through is totally normal. :) Look at it as an opportunity to find out what's dragging you down, and how to become a happier person.

And yeah, marijuana definitely causes psychedelics to become more intense and anxiety-producing.

That's definitely not true for everybody. I mean I smoke almost every day, I love it, but for me it's one of the most anxiety-producing drugs there is, sometimes. When tripping I love to smoke too but it doesn't help me relax or reduce my anxiety. If I'm feeling really intense, smoking weed (indica or otherwise) is the last thing I want to do. Likewise if I'm anxious when sober... I usually will not opt to smoke, although sometimes it can help depending on the situation and what I do with my time afterwards.

One thing is for sure, if you're not quite blasting off, smoking some weed will likely fix that problem. :)

Probably best to just not use anything weed related at all at the same time. Even pure cbd could do pretty much the same thing if you're prone to it. Shit I've smoked cigarettes that totally changed my high

For me at times cannabis can make the trip too intense, which is a pain as I am a regular smoker and use it for pain management.

I like a good cry when I am tripping :) Sometimes its because I am sad sometimes because I am happy, but if I don't cry I feel a bit cheated. There is a lovely emotional release from crying. I don't cry when straight - ever, as I was brought up with men don't cry so maybe this is why I enjoy the release when tripping.

I like a good cry when I am tripping :) Sometimes its because I am sad sometimes because I am happy, but if I don't cry I feel a bit cheated. There is a lovely emotional release from crying. I don't cry when straight - ever, as I was brought up with men don't cry so maybe this is why I enjoy the release when tripping.

It's nice to come to bluelight and see people using these sacraments as tools for growth. That is deep work described above. I will never understand people that live and die and never have the experience.

Crying is a release, an allowing of feeling to come over me and let me digest it better. It is something we all must go through as a Purge and Purifier. I remember one time years ago I had a day off, was going to trip on mushrooms and dance to music. When they took effect I was on the floor in my bathroom floor crying my eyes out over some hurt I felt was happening to me. A deep cry. I am glad I went through that as I may have carried the pain through my life and never digest and released it.

There is a lot going in inside of all of us. If a psychedelic can make you cry to me that is worth more than 100 therapy sessions. It is work to do. It is good stuff.

I don't think that is normal. I only took 50mg (half tab) while I was tripping and I didn't emotional. How much mg are you tabs? I do not know though, I think that could be either from the tabs them self or one of your mental disorders.

I don't think that is normal. I only took 50mg (half tab) while I was tripping and I didn't emotional. How much mg are you tabs? I do not know though, I think that could be either from the tabs them self or one of your mental disorders.

I am confused by your post.

Well for once LSD isn't measured in mg, its in mcg, at least that's what I have known for a long while, but correct me if I am wrong. I don't know the exact doses of my tabs but they are estimated to be anywhere from 75 to 100mcg and I have dosed as low as two tabs to as many as five in one sitting, not all at once though. I figured it was just a play on my emotions except I've tripped a few times while my life was going pretty great and then it down spiraled into overthinking. I will stay away from the weed smoking though, but I have noticed I can quite frankly "smoke endlessly" while on LSD, and what I mean by that is I can take huge hits and not notice it until someone comments on the amount of smoke. Lol.

By the way the only mental disorder that is really important is my mild anxiety with agoraphobia, and it isn't so much agoraphobia anymore because it stemmed from the environment around me, living in a not so good neighborhood and all that jazz. So.