Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Snowfall- (the spread of crack cocaine in America)

Jekyl Anhydride

Bluelight Crew
Snowfall
Wednesdays on FX at 10:00 pm

MV5BN2Q1NDhhMGUtMjVkNC00OTY3LTkzZWEtOTMwMDkxYjZjYjg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA5Mzc0MDc@._V1_.jpg

1st Episode: July 5th 2017
Crime drama
Created by: John Singleton
Originally developed by Showtime network.
Set in Los Angeles June 14, 1983

Story based on the roots of the massive proliferation of Crack Cocaine into LA/ Southern California then the Nation.
sN8AAAhMJbliokIFEhgoWXCQwMXk20kIIVl9oceLFiRoXVsueerwAgg8JVKzerv2DbLoIWyKAkODBAwXozSeAMJ3uN sMOiRQQKG ggQdGLQHH6AefPLbQaBfUfGQZcdNTCHgQQk0lOBBU9HI4YNKnujQAw86ONXUI9kY4ATRJEEAADs=

Looks promising and has a true story it's connected to regarding the CIA and the spread of cheap, rock cocaine into the inner cities as well as the rest of the southland eventually spreading across the country.

Carter Hudson as Teddy McDonald
-The life of a CIA agent moving coke with a South American distributor looking to get weapons and supplies for thousands of insurgents nearly starving in the jungle for a war the USA supported then changed it's mind. The original CIA agent overdoses on Coke and Teddy takes over his role.

Damson Idris as Franklin Saint -A low level African-american weed dealer in LA who stumbles across an Israeli high level Coke dealer an earns his trust leaving with a kilo and a 24 hour front, first time dealing Coke.

Michael Hyatt as Cissy Saint-Franklin's ^ aunt who has an acquaintance that moves drugs in the inner city. At the time Coke is rare in the inner city as compared to today. That's about to change..

Sergio Peris-Mencheta as Gustavo "El Oso" Zapata- a luchador who is an enforcer for the cartel on the side. His role is not gone into any depth yet.

MV5BZjVhM2VhNDctNDc1ZC00MmNiLTkzN2MtZjg4ZDE2NzM2OGI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjM2NDY2MDQ@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZGNjYjBjY2YtYWViNy00Mzc5LTk0ZTktZGY1YmRjNjE2MWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjM2NDY2MDQ@._V1_.jpg

The premise is obviously super interesting to me, being a member of a drug forum and all. The history of the CIA pushing crack cocaine on the inner-city black community is like the most wild conspiracy theory come to real life. It deserves its own drama during the Golden Age of television.

Watched the first episode, and I liked it. You can never judge a show by its pilot, however, so we will have to see how it will progress.

That Alejandro guy working with the CIA is definitely their version of Danillo Blandon.

Your spot on. I know the show's in it's infancy and might be at risk of turning out crappy but I did not want to go on this ride alone. The movie "Kill the Messenger" (2014) about the true story of reporter Gary Webb and how he mysteriously died after breaking the Contra / CIA/ Crack connection in the early 90's, primed me for this series. It deserves it's own thread when I get more time but it explained a bit about Danillo Blandon and how the Gov didn't want him put on the witness stand. Okay, fingers crossed that tonight's episode of Snowfall is as good as last week's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Messenger_(2014_film)

Last edited: