• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone know a diet to live by in order to reverse the nausea associated with pharms?

loladub

Greenlighter
I am currently on Clonazepam .5mg and Effexor 150mg daily. I take supplements (biotin, calcium, multivitamin, hydroxycut) and try to avoid junk food but I wake up most days feeling so nauseous I need to vomit before and often - unfortunately right ater taking my pills - mostly bile and water as I see no pill color in the mix. I know this is gross but I'm wondering how I can be less nauseous every single day. Should I try the Paleo Diet or whatever?

I'm guessing you ruled out the obvious reason a woman might wake up feeling nauseous most mornings?

Otherwise it's not gross to not want to wake up feeling gross. But this is the kind of thing doctors were invented for, not fad nutritionists. And since I'm neither, I'll give advice:
take your pills after you've eaten something. And knock off the Hydroxycut.

It's not clear when you take which pills, but it sounds like you wake up feeling sick, take pills, and then throw up, managing to keep the pills down, yes?

Sort of like your stomach is trained to reject something. My first guess would be the Chinese medical waste that's added to the caffeine in the Hydroxycut. Seriously, you know how many times that company's traded hands after bankruptcy, how many "reformulations" after it was pulled from the market? And there's nothing in it now except a lot of caffeine in herb-form. You could have all the positives (and more), and none of the negatives (mystery contaminants) by switching to green tea in the morning.

And if you take supplements, it's always good to eat something with them, so you can actually absorb them. Especially things like calcium, which is also best with magnesium.

If there's nothing else going on with you, like you didn't leave out the part where you drink a fifth of gin every night, I'd start by having some toast and juice in the morning before you take any pills, then drink coffee or tea for your caffeine. (Don't take your calcium with just tea or coffee, or it'll go right through you.)

Then consider things like, "Why do I take biotin again? I don't have an all-egg white diet." Or, "why take these multis when I eat so well?"

I don't know what the benzo is for, but you might be able to lower the dose if you also lower the caffeine. Caffeine on an empty stomach can be pretty upsetting.

Let me know how it goes.

(Especially if you follow it. It's not like I follow my own advice.)