• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

We miss you so much little cousin!!!!!

the_rythm&the_echo

Greenlighter
my problems with addiction made everyone distance themselves from me, so we didn't speak at all for two or three years. and you just turned 23 man. You coached your daughters tee-ball teams. your bills were paid, you never lost a job. I figured you were still messing around every once in a while to be honest, but i was out of rehab and clean 8 months. I got custody of my kids back from the state. me and my wife got back together. everything seemed smooth. then i get a call at work asking where i am, and then my little brother told me they found you that morning. You're twenty-three, mixing H and benzos... I guess you couldn't stay awake, nodded out and just didn't find your way up. i feel like maybe if i didn't have everyone looking at me, waiting for me to fuck up again, someone might have noticed you needing help too. I know i thought you pot and booze when i was 15 and you were 11, so i'll always feel too blame for starting you. I hope you can put a good word in your moms ear from where you are, she needs it badly. she jumped off the deep-end when we lost you Josh. I miss you so much, now that there's no way to hear your voice or listen to you talk shit like you loved doing. You always played a "thug" even when you first started out. you had kids older than you (much older) jumping when you said jump and you liked it for real, although seeing all these old pictures of you as a kid. i know you never really changed from that inside. you still had that sense of wonder,you always had the biggest heart of anyone I know, I mean you would move mountains or go through them for your kids. and they love you something incredible. and miss you even more dude. i'm going to try to start helping your sister take care of them, let them hang with my kids ( their cousins) just like we did growing up. i love you Josh Jones. I wish i could have seen you one last time man.

I'M GOING TO DO MY VERY BEST IN LIFE!!!! SO NOBODY FORGETS YOU! WE LOVE YOU!

I am so sorry. That is a real tragedy. Do not blame yourself for the early introduction. You were a kid, too. People find their way to drugs with little to no help at all anyway. It's good that you are going to step up for his kids. They are going to need strong adults. Keep Josh' memory alive for them. Make sure they grow up remembering that he was much more than a drug overdose. My heart goes out to you all.