• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sent Cutler out as a receiver and had a RB or WR take the snap. When the play started Cutler didnt move.

well, maybe they wanted n.o. to think they were going to throw it to cutler to heave it and, when they play went elsewhere he just had nothing to do? not sure what they were up to :)

alasdair

oh my. how passive aggressive!

Rpq3yhp.jpg

Seriously though, I destroyed your initial post. Just admit Cam did nothing wrong.

Seriously though, I destroyed your initial post.
if interacting on a discussion board is all about winning for you then, sure, tell yourself you destroyed my post.

Just admit Cam did nothing wrong.
no, because i don't believe that.

"I understand that my word choice was extremely degrading and disrespectful to women..." (cam newton)

cam admits he did something wrong. i'm going to go ahead and agree with him and agree to disagree with you.

alasdair

That's fine... continue to play into the misogynistic black male stereotype. Cam was publicly shamed and forced to apologize for what amounts to nothing in the world of sports. We all know that far worse is said every day in every locker room. Any white qb in the NFL would have been given the benefit of the doubt.

We all know that far worse is said every day in every locker room.
and presidential campaign buses too...

Any white qb in the NFL would have been given the benefit of the doubt.
it's easy to make hypothetical claims which are unprovable.

and, if the reporter in question has made racist remarks in the past, that is also a problem. two wrongs don't make a right.

alasdair

but why? why should it be out of the ordinary for a female reporter to ask a smart question?

it's the very definition of sexism...

alasdair

I dunno why, but I'm thinking, Cam (like most other humans) bases his reactions on previous experience. Is it his fault that previous experience has led him to be surprised?

well, maybe they wanted n.o. to think they were going to throw it to cutler to heave it and, when they play went elsewhere he just had nothing to do? not sure what they were up to :)

alasdair

OK That could be it. But if that was it, maybe, just maybe he should take his hands off his hips and move his feet. He made it completely obvious that he wasn't going to be involved in the play.

Here is a video of said play.

https://deadspin.com/adam-gase-jay-cutler-was-actually-supposed-to-look-uni-1819151735

Although I guess it explains why he didn't move. I still think it's funny how perpetually disinterested he is. :)

You even added your signature passive-aggressive smiley at the end. Very impressive.

"Why should it be out of the oridinary?"

It shouldn't be, but it is. Maybe take that up with the NFL. Or ESPN. Or Fox Sports. I mean, FS1 gave that leathery toad Skip Bayless another job. Personally, I would have preferred to see an up-and-coming, feisty female given that opportunity. That's a much better example of sexism. A 90 year old white guy that everyone hates gets the job over dozens of qualified women? The sports media is just as sexist as the NFL, yet they get on TV every day and grandstand.

"He reportedly did not apologize"

You can't use the word "reportedly" when there was no report. It was basically two people that work for the same company who had a vested interest in portraying the conversation in a certain light. They didn't quote him or record anything because that wouldn't have fit their narrative. I personally don't trust a racist, n-word using, privileged white woman who wants to make a name for herself to give an honest account of what was said.

"The Panthers and the NFL issued a statement"

Of course they did. That is the sad reality of our PC world.

"Cam disagrees with you"

No he doesn't. He expressed sincere regret for making a comment that caused offense. He never admitted to being sexist, because he's not. And again, the team he leads has a really tough game in two days, so he probably felt this was the quickest way to diffuse this distraction. If he had gotten into the weeds and contested how things actually happened and what he actually meant and all that, it wouldn't have been good for him or his team.

On a side note, alasdairm... Defending a racist bitch over a black man with two young daughters is not a good look. :)

mal3volent

Agree with most all of this.

and presidential campaign buses too...

Yep.

it's easy to make hypothetical claims which are unprovable.

and, if the reporter in question has made racist remarks in the past, that is also a problem. two wrongs don't make a right.

alasdair

Come on man...you know it’s true. The proof is the entire history of the NFL.
And two wrongs don’t make a right but sometimes one wrong is way worse than the other.

I dunno why, but I'm thinking, Cam (like most other humans) bases his reactions on previous experience. Is it his fault that previous experience has led him to be surprised?
i think that's a cop out. happy to agree to disagree.

Come on man...you know it’s true.
i don't know it's true and i think that if aaron rodgers or tom brady had said "that's funny - a woman asking about routes" it would have been equally problematic and the reaction would have been the same.

alasdair

Lol...fuck Mike Pence’s publicity stunt. What a little bitch. You never intended on staying, sitting through 2 hours of the colts and 49ers.

Eagles 4-1 how about that! Love it! Especially with the rest of the NFC East faltering. It's still real early but it's hard not to think about the playoffs

I had to watch the Eagles game (it was that or Jags/Steelers) and they looked strong in all 3 phases. My Gmen are crippled and hope they just tank it and get a high pick.

Eagles 4-1 how about that! Love it! Especially with the rest of the NFC East faltering. It's still real early but it's hard not to think about the playoffs

Thursday night should be interesting.

Thursday night should be interesting.

Indeed. I wish it wasn't a Thursday game though. I don't think they are real games coming off such short weeks tbh. Panthers have some tall receivers and should be able to abuse our secondary in theory. On the other hand if we get pressure on Can he tends to tank and we have a great D line

Status
Not open for further replies.