• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the win mike. You’re right, it went pretty much like I expected. Falcons thrived in the playoff atmosphere.

next Saturday:

Falcons vs. Eagles 4:35PM EST
Titans vs. Patriots 8:15PM EST

next Sunday:

Jaguars vs. Steelers 1:05PM EST
Vikings vs. Saints 4:40PM EST

my predictions:

Falcons
Patriots
Steelers
Vikings

man, the Bills offense blows.

'grats mike and anyone else who's team didn't blow it yet.

^ yep. bills were terrible. i missed this game but sounds like i did not miss much.

whose fault was it this time? :)

alasdair

not Cam’s, that’s for sure. He had a hell of a game. Guess I’d have to blame the receivers.

But y’all ain’t winning the SB either. Then Belichick will go to the Giants to get away from Kraft and Kraft jr. Brady will break a hip walking on stage at a Trump rally. And y’all won’t have Jimmy G and you’ll be up shit creek.

so worry about your own problems :) and be glad you won’t have to play the Panthers who would have beaten you down just like they did earlier this season. :)

lol. if we're going back in time, i prefer the result from the game on february 1st 2004.

but enjoy looking back at your week 4 victory now your season is over. i'm looking forward. to the patriots next game in the divisional round :)

alasdair

lol. if we're going back in time, i prefer the result from the game on february 1st 2004.

so predictable. not very logical tho. My example was from this season. Yours wasn’t. A game 14 years ago doesn’t have much impact on what would happen today. A game that happened a few months ago, same players, same coaches, etc...that’s pretty relevant. You’re grasping at straws though...it’s okay. NFC team is winning this year. Sorry about that.

of course i was being absurd...

so predictable. not very logical tho. My example was from this season. Yours wasn’t. A game 14 years ago doesn’t have much impact on what would happen today. A game that happened a few months ago, same players, same coaches, etc...that’s pretty relevant. You’re grasping at straws though...it’s okay. NFC team is winning this year. Sorry about that.
time will tell.

the fact is that there’s absolutely no way of knowing but if you want to assume, that’s fine.

carolina beat atlanta in week 9. according to you that means they should have beat them in week 16. they did not. an early season victory is no guarantee of a repeat later in the season.

alasdair

^ now now. getting a little salty? still, coming from the guy who wrote this absurd fantasy that’s pretty funny:

In film three, it’s the Saints who are the best team in the NFL. They’re on their way to the Super Bowl. All of a sudden, out of the BLUE, a merry band of misfits led by a sexy, red-caped, feather-capped, walking, talking, dabbing, immaculate man comes in and saves the day.

You see, you thought the Saints were the NFC South hero that was destined to be the best team that finally wins the Super Bowl. But actually, it’s the Panthers, coming to take back what Adam Vinatieri and Janet Jackson’s tit took from them in 2004. THEY are the NFC South team that was foretold, and Cam is the Boy Who Lived.

alasdair

Not as salty as Tom’s tears are going to be when I lick them off his face on February 4.

Lol...I’m glad someone actually read that, I wasn’t sure if anyone would. Fantasy, absurdity, and escapism is sports.

you're so sure. i love it.

i'll just hope your superbowl prediction is as accurate as your ca@no prediction :)

alasdair

I go in thinking we’re going to win every game, so when we dont...my prediction tends to be inaccurate. However, any prediction from me not involving the Panthers will always come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.