• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2017/2018 fantasy football thread v. not the bl league

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
previous thread: the 2016/2017 fantasy football thread v. not the bl league

week 1 is only 2 months away! finally! :)

who's playing fantasy this year? we're into the 8th year of our league and i can't wait to get back into it.

some players i have my eye on:

qb
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston

i'm down for waiting for a qb and don't mind if i don't get a superstar. derek carr worked out great for me and i got him in the 10th round...

rb
David Johnson
Isaiah Crowell
Bilal Powell
Danny Woodhead
Mike Gillislee

dj was on my team last year and he's a stud. i think he'll have an even bigger year this year. the others are all value picks. i love danny woodhead and think he'll thrive in baltimore. always hard to start a pats rb but i think gillislee does well.

wr
A.J. Green
Michael Thomas
Jamison Crowder
Tyrell Williams
Martavis Bryant
Breshad Perriman
John Brown
Pierre Garcon
Quincy Enunwa

again, looking for value here.

te
Jordan Reed
Jack Doyle
Austin Hooper

i think jordan reed is a lock. just pray he stays healthy.

k
Justin Tucker

had him last year - huge contribution week in week out.

dst

who knows. i tend to stream dst on a weekly basis but it's good to have a solid go-to dst to count on regularly. front runners are cardinals, panthers, chiefs and pats i think.

alasdair

Not really a "sleeper" but Delanie Walker is a solid pick for your TE spot. I like Mariota better than Winston as a QB but the Bucs offense is probably more pass oriented and has better receivers with Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, and OJ Howard

Tyreek Hill on the Chiefs should have another big year

curious to see how Marqise Lee plays under Tom Coughlin. He showed signs of life last year after a diss appointing start to his career but there was a time before the draft where I thought he could be the best receiver in his class

i think Alshon Jefferey could have a good year too. Wentz isn't really known as an accurate QB so I think Jefferey will be his go-to target since he has the greatest ability to catch passes that aren't exactly thrown on point

D/ST is such a weekly thing, I wouldn't waste a high pick on that. Pretty much whoever plays the Browns will be the best D/ST week in and week out

whats the Broncos kicker named again, McManus right? Always a safe choice to go with the Broncos kicker. High altitude shibe

delanie walker is always worth a look, fort sure. it'll be interesting to see if his contribution continues to slip with additions at te and wr for tennessee.

tyreek hill looks great and should have plenty of targets.

i would never waste a high pick on dst. i rarely even draft a dst. used my final round pick last year on justin tucker and that worked out well :)

mcmanus was about 15th last year - about 50 points behind guys like bryant and tucker. but 50 points is only 3 points a week - the variance at kicker is pretty low.

alasdair

Who are we liking better Michael Thomas or Tyreek Hill?

I have an auction keeper league.

I have Hill for $2 and Thomas for $10

I have seen Hill predicted around a $10 value and Thomas a $20 value - so the saving is roughly the same. I think I will get more value for Hill on the year, myself. Just interested in you thoughts.

Also, does K. Cousins continue slingin' it as he has in the past?

i like michael thomas - i think he and snead benefit with cooks leaving. brees vs. smith - i'd go with thomas, even with maclin gone.

i love cousins and he has all kinds of weapons this year. if you are going for value at qb in mid rounds i think ryan or cousins in round 5, 6 or 7 would be fine picks.

alasdair

drafted last night. here's my team:

qb
marcus mariota

wr
antonio brown
doug baldwin
amari cooper

rb
kareem hunt
ameer abdullah

te
hunter henry

flex
adrian peterson

k
wil lutz

dst
buffalo

bench
kevin white
coby fleener
tyrell williams
danny woodhead
kenny britt
jacquizz rodgers
mike wallace

pretty happy. i went with wr at the cost of rb and i'm pretty happy. obviously my wr corp is stacked.

one sucky thing is the tb/mia game being postponed as i was looking forward to having jacquizz start this week. no matter, i have him the next 3 weeks.

alasdair

nice Defense!

overall solid draft. B/B+

5drrx5.png

^ nice.

i tend to stream defences and picked the bills because of their week 1 match up :)

also, don't you love yahoo fantasy? i was in another league a couple of years ago that used espn to manage the league and it was awful.

alasdair

in my money league

i have have rivers and tyrod
RB : gordon , lynch,woodhead,ingram and sproles
WR: cooper,aj green,decker,maclin,marvin jones
TE: hunter henry , witten
DEFENSE : broncos
kicker :tucker

Your team just lost and you are happy the opposing RB did well. This is why I quit fantasy. Makes sports so much more enjoyable when you just watch them.

i can be sad my team lost and happy for my fantasy team. that's hardly unusual.

the pats will be fine. it's week 1.

alasdair

I understand. Im just bored and wanted to get a shot in at Boston sports. You wear an apple watch Ali? :)

Im a Yankees and Giants fan. Pretty sure Ill be ok. I dont hate the Pats like I hate the Red Sox though. No need to.

well, nick foles and kareem hunt scored me 67 fantasy points between them but i lost my fantasy semi-final. my wr were antonio brown (left game injured with 2.9pts), marqise lee (left game injured with 0pts) and doug baldwin (0.85pts) :(

season over.

alasdair

i can be sad my team lost and happy for my fantasy team. that's hardly unusual.

alasdair
my fantasy team ended with a 6-8 record and missed playoffs
never even won high of the week

but i don't care, rams are back in the playoffs for first time in 13 years

:) BIG :)