• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opening up your eyes to, a hospital bed?

themanofmystery

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever had a trip where they have surpassed all the colourful patterns, swirly c.e.v's etc and have had strong feelings as though they are in a hospital bed, or they feel as though they are in a comatose dream? Like reality this whole time up until that moment was fake, it was all a coping mechanism for you to deal with what had happened to you, and if you go through with this, feeling, lets say, you could finally save it all and wake up. It was as though this was what all the trips were about, and no one else other than me could have solved it, but I chose not to. You could argue it was ego death, but it was gripping to a particular moment in time. A memory of some kind. I also felt that when I gave in to this feeling that everyone around me would start to attend to me and assisting me as if I were breaking through the threshold, like I'd be lying down, but when I said no to it they'd all just spontaneously stop what they were doing to me and just go, "whoof!" so close, and "fuck!" as if I caught them out with my ego. They said I was acting weird, though I was just lying there all peaceful like, so I know this isn't something my mind made up.

I've spoken to another friend about this and he has gone through pretty much the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone else here knows what I'm talking about.

What if we're all connected to someone that's in a deep sleep?

I've had that exact feeling before except every time I've gone there it's gotten very dark. Like everything was connected to some moment in the past.

Everyone knows something I don't and they are dangling it over my head, toying with my mind. If I dare to break then I'll be berated, punished for my incompetence.

My first shroom trip had this theme in the latter half of the trip, as did many of my early weed experiences.

Same thing happens. It gradually gets darker and darker and everything turns sinister and serious. Yeah, an event that happened to you personally. Like that event was a life threatening accident that you suffered, and you've been in a dream since.

I've had that experience but I brush it off. It's more like people keep coming up to me and revealing all these messages and telling me to do these weird spirit/technological/emotional processes in order to complete said task. I got the notion that everything stemmed down from this one problem, and this was the problem, I coulda sorted it and solved it and saved the trouble of having to live.

Never done shrooms, would prefer it I think to LSD

I've had that feeling once during a trip pretty strongly, but I had a part of my mind that was telling me this was a trip and it would pass... and it did. Didn't act out, but I was pretty freaked out for a bit, in my head. I was alone too which probably helped.

I did one time fall asleep after taking DOC, and on the come-up I dreamed that I woke up and went downstairs to get water, it was SO REAL, but then I woke up in my bed. I kept getting up to get water and kept waking back up in my bed. Each time I checked myself and was like, okay, I'm definitely awake now, for sure. After a handful of times of this happening I really woke up, but for the rest of the night I kept wondering if I was going to wake up, and for the next few days I had it in the back of my mind.

When I was a kid I used to think I might wake up sudden;y and have like the last 3 years be a dream, and wake up younger. It used to trip me out, long, long before I ever thought about doing drugs.

Oh wow, that reminds me of the time I smoked a bit of DMT during the immediate afterglow/reintegration period of my ibogaine flood dose. It was totally unlike a normal DMT flash, instead everything turned green and all of a sudden I had this flash of an image in my mind's eye, it was as if I remembered something from an overwhelmingly long time ago, I was in the scene, and it was very abstract, it felt like some cosmic turning point or something. But as soon as I started to perceive it, I got this sense of something else being like, "oh no, he remembers!" and suddenly a wall slammed down between me and the memory and it was gone, and I came back feeling this incredible amount of existential terror. It felt like something incredibly important that I should remember and almost did and that I've been being blocked from for all time or something. It really bothered me for a while.

I like the kind that happens on nitrous though. I can ALMOST remember my best nitrous experience, all I can say to describe it is that I followed the chain of thoughts to the end of the universe and discovered that the universe decides at the end to stop existing because we're tired of it.

In regards to what you said about it not happening anymore, it might be happening now to try again, sending its distress signal I guess.

It truly is an "it" feeling, "it" is what everyone has been talking about. Where all problems stem from. But it's something either one or all must solve in my opinion. At least by spreading awareness this may be a possibility and even its own religion

Xork oth your also adding your dent into this thing too! It's as if it's something that happened to you was too much for your mind to handle, so it made all this up to help you cope with what has happened to you. At least that's what it's kind like in my book. You can feel yourself somewhere with other people waiting for you reside.

As discussed man, it may all be connected or something. What if you're all a lie and I'm the person in the coma, or I and everyone else is the lie and you're in the deep sleep? Or everyone is a lie? All very fucking interesting questions ;)

I've had similar thoughts before about life being a huge ruse. It's as if this life is a form of insanity to keep the denial of whatever trauma took place from being revealed, as if the threat of figuring out what took place causes the insanity to deepen when the likelihood of seeing clearly becomes too much of a possibility. Coming close to lucidity causes you to become more immersed in the ruse and further away from finding out about whatever it is that's being hidden, from reality. We could all be slobbering nuts locked in padded cells, The Matrix is a slight variation to this same line of thinking.

I've had similar thoughts before about life being a huge ruse. It's as if this life is a form of insanity to keep the denial of whatever trauma took place from being revealed, as if the threat of figuring out what took place causes the insanity to deepen when the likelihood of seeing clearly becomes too much of a possibility. Coming close to lucidity causes you to become more immersed in the ruse and further away from finding out about whatever it is that's being hidden, from reality. We could all be slobbering nuts locked in padded cells, The Matrix is a slight variation to this same line of thinking.

Yeah, and the more and more the truth is revealed, the more your existence in this world is threatened. I think it's about going to that place now with calm and reason, to understand things. Because I think this is a collective thing, and I think everyone was too scared to go through with it

It makes me feel a little better to know that I am not the only one who struggles with these types of questions, even though I am sorry that you are going through this.

I just looked up "Problem of other minds" on Wikipedia. If you scroll to the bottom to the "See also" section, there is a whole list of topics pertaining to these matters. Apparently people have been pondering this type of thing since antiquity. Some of those deep dudes like Plato and Descartes spent their entire lives exploring stuff like this.

I have had experiences like this from Nitrous Oxide, DXM, Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), night terrors, sleep deprivation and probably a few other things that I just can't think of at the moment. A lot of people seem to get reeeally freaked out by Salvia Divinorum for this reason, which is why I don't even want to be in the same friggin' room with that stuff! 8o

I look at it this way: All that we have to go on are the senses that we have to navigate our way through this wild 'n' whacky thing that we call life (to paraphrase the late great Prince). Most entheogenic (hallucinogenic, dissociative, deleriant, etc.) experiences that I have had just seemed to raise more questions than answers, which is one of the reasons that I tend to stay away from them these days. This is not an "anti-drug" speech in any way whatsoever, but I personally have been on a quest lately to remain as clear-headed as possible, since my grasp on reality hasn't always been the strongest to begin with (LOL)!

There is a theory called Occam's Razor, which in the simplest terms states that the most logical explanation is usually the correct one. Everything that I have ever known tells me that I am a living, breathing human being, sitting at my computer, typing back-and-forth to other living, breathing human beings. Maybe I'm dreaming/imagining/tripping all of this right now, but I don't think so. If I were creating my own reality, I would hope that my imagination could come up with something a bit more interesting than waking up every morning, brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. ;)

And that, my friend, is the best advice that I have to offer right now.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Has anyone ever had a trip where they have surpassed all the colourful patterns, swirly c.e.v's etc and have had strong feelings as though they are in a hospital bed, or they feel as though they are in a comatose dream? Like reality this whole time up until that moment was fake, it was all a coping mechanism for you to deal with what had happened to you, and if you go through with this, feeling, lets say, you could finally save it all and wake up. It was as though this was what all the trips were about, and no one else other than me could have solved it, but I chose not to. You could argue it was ego death, but it was gripping to a particular moment in time. A memory of some kind. I also felt that when I gave in to this feeling that everyone around me would start to attend to me and assisting me as if I were breaking through the threshold, like I'd be lying down, but when I said no to it they'd all just spontaneously stop what they were doing to me and just go, "whoof!" so close, and "fuck!" as if I caught them out with my ego. They said I was acting weird, though I was just lying there all peaceful like, so I know this isn't something my mind made up.

I've spoken to another friend about this and he has gone through pretty much the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone else here knows what I'm talking about.

What if we're all connected to someone that's in a deep sleep?

Had an experience similar to that last night. I glimpsed reality and the lies that hides it. It was a tough but very rewarding night. For me the reason I take psychedelics is because of that challenge to the accepted 'reality.' I do not know if I am a dream, God, good coding or genetic accident I've yet to see any evidence that can make me any more sure than that. I spend a lot of time wondering if I am real! :)

. Some of those deep dudes like Plato and Descartes spent their entire lives exploring stuff like this.

A lot of people seem to get reeeally freaked out by Salvia Divinorum for this reason, which is why I don't even want to be in the same friggin' room with that stuff! 8o

There is a theory called Occam's Razor, which in the simplest terms states that the most logical explanation is usually the correct one. Everything that I have ever known tells me that I am a living, breathing human being, sitting at my computer, typing back-and-forth to other living, breathing human beings. Maybe I'm dreaming/imagining/tripping all of this right now, but I don't think so. If I were creating my own reality, I would hope that my imagination could come up with something a bit more interesting than waking up every morning, brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. ;)

And that, my friend, is the best advice that I have to offer right now.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

We are in good company :)

Sally D is a rocket to fucked ups ville every time, I've never had a pleasant experience with it but it has opened me up to a lot of possibilities.

Whoever said psychedelics were fun wasn't taking them right :) (bit tongue in cheek that so no grief please).

The way I look at it, no matter what is real or isn't real there are rules for reality, we'd be foolish not to live by them. As long as your 'reality' isn't harming anyone then so be it.

Safe travels :)

Dreamflyer, funny that you mentioned how many drug experiences raise more questions than answers. I find it funny how often it's the same questions being raised, especially with psychedelics.

I've had the same experience of feeling and thinking like our whole collective existence is manufactured while on lsd but eventually gave up on the grounds that I couldn't remember the exact details of the realization and exist in reality as we know it. I was actually outside of my physical body going inside of a rippling void looking thing/area and remembering something that felt more important than anything I've ever experienced or known, like it was the keys to existence itself. But each time I would try to conceptualize it or wrap my mind around it, I was being forced out of the void. It wasn't a fearful experience. It felt like I reached a state of nirvana. It was more amazing than I had ever imagined. But multiple times I was expelled from that state for trying to remember whatever I kept trying to remember lol.

But my whole trip was centered around how reality is false and how the process *could* be playing out. Definitely the best night of my life, even though I still think about it I'd assume almost everyday. That trip ended with me as a tiny speck of conscious energy being asked "do you want to be here?" and all I could think was "I have to share this (experience/knowledge)". After that the trip was just residual OEVs.

Guess in the end I chose the blue pill... I completely felt/thought as if my independent existence hinged on that one question. It wasn't necessarily a thought based on fear, but more or less an understanding that the whole process of life is inevitable.

Best to just enjoy the ride while we're on it because it's the transitions from high to low that are exciting. Not being stuck monotonously in one state, even if that state is perfection.

My conclusion, looking back and on a metaphysicial/subatomic/spiritual level, is that given an unlimited amount of time, anything is possible. A manipulation of time is at least one way that I can rectify how we could actually all be one conscious being, and also every individual consciousness at the same time. My whole belief system of how the universe functions is that our realities have to be manufactured, the question is to what extent?

@ stoned.crazy, great way of explaining it, feels very damn close to what I had experienced. Many t hanks for putting it in words.

I know what you guys are talking about. I've experienced it on a full break through salvia dose and quite a few tines on nitrous oxide

Had an experience similar to that last night. I glimpsed reality and the lies that hides it. It was a tough but very rewarding night. For me the reason I take psychedelics is because of that challenge to the accepted 'reality.' I do not know if I am a dream, God, good coding or genetic accident I've yet to see any evidence that can make me any more sure than that. I spend a lot of time wondering if I am real! :)

I think all of us are real, but then, what is real? I just know we are real in some way. There is authenticity in our strides and strifes. It's called being human ;D

Dreamflyer, funny that you mentioned how many drug experiences raise more questions than answers. I find it funny how often it's the same questions being raised, especially with psychedelics.

I've had the same experience of feeling and thinking like our whole collective existence is manufactured while on lsd but eventually gave up on the grounds that I couldn't remember the exact details of the realization and exist in reality as we know it. I was actually outside of my physical body going inside of a rippling void looking thing/area and remembering something that felt more important than anything I've ever experienced or known, like it was the keys to existence itself. But each time I would try to conceptualize it or wrap my mind around it, I was being forced out of the void. It wasn't a fearful experience. It felt like I reached a state of nirvana. It was more amazing than I had ever imagined. But multiple times I was expelled from that state for trying to remember whatever I kept trying to remember lol.

But my whole trip was centered around how reality is false and how the process *could* be playing out. Definitely the best night of my life, even though I still think about it I'd assume almost everyday. That trip ended with me as a tiny speck of conscious energy being asked "do you want to be here?" and all I could think was "I have to share this (experience/knowledge)". After that the trip was just residual OEVs.

Guess in the end I chose the blue pill... I completely felt/thought as if my independent existence hinged on that one question. It wasn't necessarily a thought based on fear, but more or less an understanding that the whole process of life is inevitable.

Best to just enjoy the ride while we're on it because it's the transitions from high to low that are exciting. Not being stuck monotonously in one state, even if that state is perfection.

My conclusion, looking back and on a metaphysicial/subatomic/spiritual level, is that given an unlimited amount of time, anything is possible. A manipulation of time is at least one way that I can rectify how we could actually all be one conscious being, and also every individual consciousness at the same time. My whole belief system of how the universe functions is that our realities have to be manufactured, the question is to what extent?

I like this. I felt something similar. Whilst it shared elements of the Matrix with what you said about the blue pill and red pill, I felt it was more like the conversation with the Architect in the second Matrix film, towards the end. Where by Neo has to go back into the machine and be assimilated, or Zion will perish. He chose to stay for love, which is what I did. "The man who ran" was a name I felt as though I was called somewhere in my mind.

Did you go through with it? That's basically what we could be haha, a figment of a dream, God or some code. Or energy of some kind. The figment of imagination theory has seemed very plausible on LSD a few times. Feeling as though you are going to be forgotten from the archives of life. I think you're real though, I think what makes things real is reaction. You can tell when something is off or genuine by the way something acts and reacts. That's how we know the difference between the dream world/illusion and reality