• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote creeps me out, to be perfectly honest. So basically you should base your entire mental framework on fear of god? And wisdom and instruction (teaching) are for fools? Are we supposed to just be a blind, cowering mass of sheep? Seems convenient for those in charge. God's chosen speakers... woe unto he who casts doubt upon them. Do you see the problem here?

By the way I respect you totally, thanks for your contributions. :) I've found them genuine and interesting.

Xorkoth, Ill reply to this tomorrow when I have more time, kinda late and I have to get to bed (gotta be up in about 7 hrs for work so yeah), but I didnt want you to think I was writing you off or something, this is actually one of my favorite topics, but its not a one line reply and has a little context behind it.. Thank you for being honest, and no matter what your feelings or reservations are, im totally cool with that, being up front is a good place to work from, I just hope I can bring some clarity within the context of scripture to shed light on what this means adequately.

Ill be in touch :)

Gnostic Christian, christian atheist fits more to your beliefs. I disagree and value your right to express your views. live long and prosper

Gnostic Christian, christian atheist fits more to your beliefs. I disagree and value your right to express your views. live long and prosper

Disagreement without an argument against the issue I see as a cop out.

Go throw your stones elsewhere child. This is supposed to be a place to share words and not just throw stones.

Gnostic Bishop, I really do want to thank you for the platform to share my faith and clarify our beliefs.. Gets kinda old just posting my beliefs without someone to challenge them, almost discouraging.. But Im thankful you are willing to engage, giving me the opportunity to share what scripture teaches, and you really are covering alot of ground.. Gods ontology, the deity of Christ, the crucifixion.. Things I could start threads about and bring up myself, but people would likely pass over them, but you sir have actually given me a great platform to share my faith, and I can only praise God for it..

As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.
Genesis 50:20

Your welcome as the more you say and show of your immoral thinking, the faster your already shrinking immoral Christianity will die.

I do not like your last though. I try to live by the following.
Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; evenas a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what isgood.

Regards
DL

Calling someone a child in an argument (especially when in response to a perfectly pleasant reply) is insufferably condescending and just makes you look bad, honestly. Please don't do that, it's a personal attack that is trying to devalue another person. Personal attacks are not allowed here and will be met with infractions in the future. Thanks, have a nice day.

Maybe they were love stones
Trying to convince someone who can't be convinced is merely an act of futility

Last edited:
If the material works is evil and the spiritual is most high, why would Jesus eat with his disciples after his ressurection?
Luke 24:41-43
While in their joy they were disbelieving and still wondering, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate in their presence.

That or it shows you cannot formulate a decent argument against and your frustration created your crappy attitude.

Regards
DL

Why do you run around this forum attacking people, its clear you are on defense, but why not try to understand others perspectives vs attempting to force yours on others? You are making quite a name for yourself here, especially when people are trying to share their understanding.

not cool man, if this is the 'morality' you are selling, Ill pass.

Religions are like all ideologies and bask in propoganda and disciplinary rigidity to the loss of personal individualism and creating a singular objective path to salvation thus ridiculing any paths that stray from the official path i.e reject plularism and objective popular democratic critisism. A political cadre of priests, rabbis and imans and so forth destroy soulful independent analyst and thinking and straight jacket the masses to oblivion with their mad evangelical morally purist doctrine.

Secular law is a lot wiser than Yahweh's law, . . ."
Regards DL

Secular law depends on Yahweh's law. For example, each year the earth not only turns, but also rotates, giving us four seasons. So, if it weren't for that 23.5 tilt of the earth, and the Goldilocks zone, your ass wouldn't exist-show some respect! ;)

Even a divine work can not escape Man's corrupted hands.

I beg to differ with you! Surely you've heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls, archeology, and historians, all testify to the Scriptures authenticity.

I beg to differ with you! Surely you've heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls, archeology, and historians, all testify to the Scriptures authenticity.

Its even better than that.. The Septuagint, which is the OT or Tanakh translated in greek, objectively existed long before Christ, and contains all the prophecies concerning Christ.. Since the secular world cant deny that it existed they are forced to try and deny the mountain of prophecies that specify how Christ would arrive, OR they would have to say the Jews had a conspiracy that they planned for thousands of years to purposely invent Christ, which we know isnt true, the Jews hated Christ, save for a small number, which was also prophesied.

If the material works is evil and the spiritual is most high, why would Jesus eat with his disciples after his ressurection?
Luke 24:41-43
While in their joy they were disbelieving and still wondering, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate in their presence.

Dead men do not eat.

As to an evil world. Have you forgotten that Yahweh cursed the earth. If you are a Christian you should see a cursed earth.

We Gnostic Christians see it differently.

GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."

As you cansee from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, wecannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most justdon't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the wayI do.

Here is amind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that canpossibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It isdemonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as allthings have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for thebest end.”

That meansthat we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions athand. That is an irrefutable statement.

Why do you run around this forum attacking people, its clear you are on defense, but why not try to understand others perspectives vs attempting to force yours on others? You are making quite a name for yourself here, especially when people are trying to share their understanding.

not cool man, if this is the 'morality' you are selling, Ill pass.

I attack on defence you say. That is about your speed.

But let me try to do as you bid and understand you better.

Tell me why you follow a God that kills so many when he could cure them just as easily?
Is that what you would do as scriptures say that you are to emulate your God?

Your God is demonstrably evil. Why do you adore him?

Religions are like all ideologies and bask in propoganda and disciplinary rigidity to the loss of personal individualism and creating a singular objective path to salvation thus ridiculing any paths that stray from the official path i.e reject plularism and objective popular democratic critisism. A political cadre of priests, rabbis and imans and so forth destroy soulful independent analyst and thinking and straight jacket the masses to oblivion with their mad evangelical morally purist doctrine.

You are speaking more of the idol worshiping religions, I hope. That would be Christianity and Islam for the most part. They are slave makers as you describe.

That is why I chose Gnostic Christianity and it's morals as Gnostic Christian Jesus free us from religion while the religions want to slave us to them. Governments want the same slavishness of course but they are much better and moral masters than religious Gods of war.

Secular law depends on Yahweh's law. For example, each year the earth not only turns, but also rotates, giving us four seasons. So, if it weren't for that 23.5 tilt of the earth, and the Goldilocks zone, your ass wouldn't exist-show some respect! ;)

Not when he has uncouth bores like you speaking for him.

Science in both biblical history and archeology belie what you put.

Where have you been in the last 20 years. Under a rock?

Its even better than that.. The Septuagint, which is the OT or Tanakh translated in greek, objectively existed long before Christ, and contains all the prophecies concerning Christ.. Since the secular world cant deny that it existed they are forced to try and deny the mountain of prophecies that specify how Christ would arrive, OR they would have to say the Jews had a conspiracy that they planned for thousands of years to purposely invent Christ, which we know isnt true, the Jews hated Christ, save for a small number, which was also prophesied.

Good research buddy, but you left out that those myths show that the Jewish messiah was to die, rise in three days and stay and rule Israel. Jesus was rejected by the Jews who wanted to test the myth by seeing if he would actually rise again and rule. That was the whole point of Jesus' suicide. He did not return and was thus not the Jewish messiah.

Only Rome could profit from a dead and gone messiah and they sure did by making the world hate Jews without a just cause. Bastards.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop, I don't understand why you think I would defend the straw man that you have erected. I am bound by adherrance to my own position to agree with you that the straw man you've erected is in fact false. The reason Gnosticism is so small and irrelevant today is because of the philosophical ineptitude of your arguments, they lack justification and you have no defined epistemology you can convey to others, ironically, for a belief system touting knowledge, its the primary thing Gnosticism lacks the most of.

Gnostic Bishop, I don't understand why you think I would defend the straw man that you have erected. I am bound by adherrance to my own position to agree with you that the straw man you've erected is in fact false. The reason Gnosticism is so small and irrelevant today is because of the philosophical ineptitude of your arguments, they lack justification and you have no defined epistemology you can convey to others, ironically, for a belief system touting knowledge, its the primary thing Gnosticism lacks the most of.

Let me repeat my last to you.

Thanks for ending with whining, lies and distortions to hide the fact that you cannot argue for your genocidal son murdering God.

You also, unfortunately, continue to support an intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religion.

It is I who can't thank you enough for giving me the platform to share this. Considering how small and irrelevant Gnosticism is, I don't think anyone could do a better job of allowing me to show all here your poor moral sense.

Morality is the key to spirituality and your key is defective.

Anything you think we lack, we make up for by the most important thing to God. Morality that puts yours to shame.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
You don't even have a foundation for what morality is, in fact, if I asked you to lay it out, you wouldn't have anything to give me. Just random YouTube videos and out of context quotes from the Bible you claim not to believe.

You are welcome to try :)

You don't even have a foundation for what morality is, in fact, if I asked you to lay it out, you wouldn't have anything to give me. Just random YouTube videos and out of context quotes from the Bible you claim not to believe.

You are welcome to try :)

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said thatwhen asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg,said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to yourneighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, goand study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greekcommentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take thesetexts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put thesesort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deepermeaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would havethem do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets

Apply the golden rule to what your God does when he kills instead of curing?

Regards
DL

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said thatwhen asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg,said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to yourneighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, goand study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greekcommentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take thesetexts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put thesesort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deepermeaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would havethem do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets

Apply the golden rule to what your God does when he kills instead of curing?

Regards
DL

God is not guilty of sin, we are, and since God is a God of justice, and we don't have the ability to judge God, God is adhering to the golden rule better than any of us ever could.

God also doesn't need curing, so I'm not sure why He would be expected to cure us, especially since we have sinned against Him.

Like the Christianity you cannot argue for, your knowledge of Gnostic Christianity is showing you cannot argue against Gnostic Christianity either.

Regards
DL

There is no such thing as gnostic Christianity, anymore than there is such a thing as a square circle.

If it was prophesied, doesn't that suggest the hand of god fiddling around with these evil Jews free will? He was sent to die, what choice did the Jews really have?

I love how some Christians blame the Jews rather than the god who openly sent his son down to die for some reason never well explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.