• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely fake invented bullshit but I've never heard that abrahamic religions originated like that. Do you have any sources for that?

I have no source but the Japanese guy who told me that the god of Abraham religions were systematic invented by people in Asia to make people in the middle east and west more civilised and less savage and barbaric. For example at the time of Jesus the ancient Roman empire was marching across north Africa into the middle east and the fear of the Indians and Chinese was that the Romans would come and pillage rape and try to conquer the more civilised and advanced civilisations of ancient India and China. This Japanese guy explained to me in ancient India and China life was peaceful and there wasn't the savagery that ancient Romans displayed, for example in Ancient China there were no Coliseum's or stadiums built for the purpose of crowds cheering on gladiators fighting to the death for nothing more than entertainment like in the Roman civilisation . Believe it or not in Ancient times most people not just the Romans were blood thirsty savages and the sheer brutalities of the wars between the different tribes in the middle east and Europe were mind boggling. It was the ancient cultures of first Hindu's and then Buddhists that first developed a philosophy of fairness and peace for mankind.

As i said the plan by the Indians and Chinese in ancient times was to give the brutal savages in the middle east and Europe a moral compass and set of philosophises to live by and the concept of a almighty and judgemental Supreme God with a afterlife was that moral compass to guide people west of Asia but of course this plan massively backfired and most of Europe and the middle east have been plagued by war all throughout history.

I know sounds far fetched and there is more too it than what i have explained but the concept of a GOD must have been invented by mankind sometime in ancient history. I am no expert but also believe the god of Abraham religions Creation have something to do with Buddha.

I am no expert but also believe the god of Abraham religions Creation have something to do with Buddha.

Judaism predates Buddha though. Buddha died in 483bc.

Id be interested in any literature you have to the contrary though, I love to read.

Ouch.

Yeah, OT god. A real hard ass...

Hey, you have to be hard to needlessly have your only son murdered needlessly and use genocide against the whole world.

I always thought it seemed very clear that Jesus was preaching against the entire OT.

I see him as preaching against all organized religions and governments as he saw them all as corrupted.

You are mostly correct but have forgotten that in discussing divorce, he seemed to agree with Yahweh in that divorce should not be allowed. I think that to be quite immoral and anti-love.

That's all religions actually, no one is "right", no one religion can possibly have the one answer.

I disagree as I see gnostic Christianity, as right for all, as it, like Jesus, preaches to seek God. It allows others to find their own answers and stand as alone as he did. As we all should strive to do.

That was one of the mina reasons I chose Gnostic Christianity as my religious label.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
I disagree as I see gnostic Christianity, as right for all, as it, like Jesus, preaches to seek God. It allows others to find their own answers and stand as alone as he did. As we all should strive to do.

There is no such thing as gnostic Christianity anymore than there is a married bachelor or a square circle. Christianity is antithetical to Gnosticism.. Your beliefs are no different than newage, they are just wrapped in the veneer of Christianity in an attempt to reconcile them and gain validity by picking some of what Christ taught to appear legitimate, while throwing away the rest of Christs words that disagree with your position.

You claim to follow Christ, yet you contradict His very words with everything you say..

I have no problem saying it. Gnosticism is historically invalid, and still is to this day.

There is no such thing as gnostic Christianity anymore than there is a married bachelor or a square circle. Christianity is antithetical to Gnosticism.. Your beliefs are no different than newage, they are just wrapped in the veneer of Christianity in an attempt to reconcile them and gain validity by picking some of what Christ taught to appear legitimate, while throwing away the rest of Christs words that disagree with your position.

You claim to follow Christ, yet you contradict His very words with everything you say..

I have no problem saying it. Gnosticism is historically invalid, and still is to this day.

Like the Christianity you cannot argue for, your knowledge of Gnostic Christianity is showing you cannot argue against Gnostic Christianity either.

Regards
DL

Like the Christianity you cannot argue for, your knowledge of Gnostic Christianity is showing you cannot argue against Gnostic Christianity either.

Regards
DL

Nothing to argue against, I argue for the biblical position, you argue for air with nothing to cite.

Nothing to argue against, I argue for the biblical position, you argue for air with nothing to cite.

Wrong.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinateto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn amongmany brethren.

The bible is fake news

I agree as it is all myth being sold as facts.

Regards
DL

So all of your posts where you quote the bible are in fact nonsense, as by your own admission, you believe its a myth.

lol

Spoken like a truly confused gnostic..

Thanks for showing your Christian trait of taking cheep shots based on lies.

But do continue to believe that your myth is reality. It is good to have people seeing you believe in talking serpents and donkeys. It shows them just how delusional you are.

Regards
DL

Thanks for showing your Christian trait of taking cheep shots based on lies.

But do continue to believe that your myth is reality. It is good to have people seeing you believe in talking serpents and donkeys. It shows them just how delusional you are.

Regards
DL

Its not a cheap shot, you claim the bible is by your own admission, a myth, but then you try and support your arguments, with the bible..

Its an observable fact, you start threads and make posts using the bible, the same bible you claim is nothing more than a myth. How can anyone take you serious if you disagree with yourself?

You seem to think I care what people think about my beliefs, yes, I believe the bible is true, Im not ashamed of that, Im also not ashamed of my salvation or serving Christ.

If thats all you have then your contentions are not only arguably weak, but lack any substance for validity..

Your judgement is as much garbage as what you have been giving to date.

Regards
DL

Judgement carries with it a penalty, Im just making an observation.. By your own words youve set a snare for yourself, claiming the bible is essentially just a myth, but you sure like to run around this forum using the bible.

Tell me, if its just a myth, why are you so fond of using it to prove your beliefs, whatever they are?

Judgement carries with it a penalty, Im just making an observation.. By your own words youve set a snare for yourself, claiming the bible is essentially just a myth, but you sure like to run around this forum using the bible.

Tell me, if its just a myth, why are you so fond of using it to prove your beliefs, whatever they are?

Because I can and should as a part of my Gnostic Christian religion.

Regards
DL

Christianity is antithetical to gnosticism.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;

That is really stupid.

You have to believe in your genocidal God before you can fear him.

Secular law is a lot wiser than Yahweh's law, unless you like the notion the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

Secular law is a lot wiser than Yahweh's law, unless you like the notion the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Fear of the Lord is a reverence for who God is, its where true knowledge begins, otherwise you are simply on a path of knowledge, but its a false knowledge.

A person who doesnt have this reverence for the Lord hasnt even started the path of understanding true knowledge, rather, they are clouded by false knowledge..

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,”

Gnostic Bishop, I really do want to thank you for the platform to share my faith and clarify our beliefs.. Gets kinda old just posting my beliefs without someone to challenge them, almost discouraging.. But Im thankful you are willing to engage, giving me the opportunity to share what scripture teaches, and you really are covering alot of ground.. Gods ontology, the deity of Christ, the crucifixion.. Things I could start threads about and bring up myself, but people would likely pass over them, but you sir have actually given me a great platform to share my faith, and I can only praise God for it..

As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.
Genesis 50:20

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This quote creeps me out, to be perfectly honest. So basically you should base your entire mental framework on fear of god? And wisdom and instruction (teaching) are for fools? Are we supposed to just be a blind, cowering mass of sheep? Seems convenient for those in charge. God's chosen speakers... woe unto he who casts doubt upon them. Do you see the problem here?

By the way I respect you totally, thanks for your contributions. :) I've found them genuine and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.