• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Birthday Advice

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Soooooooo I've got a big birthday coming up this month. I normally am not big on celebrating my birthday, but this year I've accrued a lot of accomplishments over the last few years that deserve celebration. So I'm gonna do something good this year.

I'm thinking of a beach BBQ. I need to find a beach in the LA area where you can have a bonfire and grill, I haven't figured that it yet.

Just wondering, what do you think I should do? What do you and your friends/loved ones do you've really enjoyed for birthdays?

Basically I'm just interested in hearing about fun birthday things folks have done, get ideas for what I'll be doing later this month, etc. thanks!

Usually food/drinks at a restraunt/pubs/bars etc as standard, then often ending up in cocaine/MDMA/ketamine consumption back at somebody's house.

The best birthdays have always involved renting a big house/cottage for the weekend and taking psychedelics etc with decks and loud music.

My brother killed himself on his 30th

He's got a pretty cool tombstone that has the dates

3/6/86 - 3/6/2016

But usually the rented house/cottage is a good way to go. Make sure there are decks and hot tubs

MDMA/k/lsd/nitrous/weed/women/men are solid contributors as well

My brother killed himself on his 30th

He's got a pretty cool tombstone that has the dates

3/6/86 - 3/6/2016

But usually the rented house/cottage is a good way to go. Make sure there are decks and hot tubs

MDMA/k/lsd/nitrous/weed/women/men are solid contributors as well

I don't think that is the point to the thread.

TPD, Happy Birthday upcoming :) . Your birthday is your national holiday. Use it as you like, while staying smart and safe.

If the above mentioned party favors are your thing........

Thx SK! The above party favors are definitely my thing friend, my issue is more with acquisition. That was the best part about living in New England, I knew far more people into that kind of party scene. My drug use had become kinda dysfunctional and isolating by the time I made my way back to CA, so I only really know my way around the local opioid/heroin/pharm scene here.

Basically the only thing like this I can get is mescaline. I have been craving a good MDMA experience again for some time (it's been like a decade), although I don't think I'd want to take anything other than a minuscule dose of LSD when having to deal with a group of people not also tripping. People though, a must and much easier to make happen than MDMA (for better for worse).

Funny, I could totally tolerate magic mushrooms in such a setting, but am hesitant to use any significant amount of LSD. Mescaline would be tolerable, but I'm not good with social interaction on it (for some reason, shrooms no issues in this regard, while LSD also makes me even more introverted). I'm just not so excited about going through the process of drinking that stuff on my birthday ;)

tl;dr

I need to get more involved with the psychonaut scene around here again. Miss that stuff.

I'll post private, but we'll just say I'm exploring the L/mdma/mushroom thing for a while. In other words, no herb for a while.

I smoked enough dank over the last year, I can take a break from herb and not miss it for a year :(

I have never had mescaline. From all I've read, I do believe I'd enjoy it. I like tripping ;)

Afa the L goes, like they say, it's all in your head.

Just start small (220mcg should work, or whatever level your happy at) and just inch up from there.

Take that blotter and micro dose.

I'm going to get me some San Pedro.

DMT is always an option. That's cool shit.

I want to get back into shrooms. Have not had in a while.

I have tripped hardest on shrooms. Clean L is a favorite.

My brain is all jazzed up about the mesc.

Alexander Shulgin liked it :)

Anyway, whatever your comfortable with!!

Just my opinion.

We will have to chat more. It's been so many years since I used LSD, and I'd always dose rather high and go all out (I have a thing for tripping at night). I think my favorite thing like this is mescaline, but DMT is definitely up there. I fantasize about the day I get to extract my own DMT :)

It would be fun to experiment with candy flipping with not too high doses of LSD. Now THAT would be a great way to spend a birthday :)

I just got a good copy of Dvorak's symphony #9. My favorite album to listen to on mescaline was Ciccone Youth's the Whitey Album, but I have a feeling that listening to symphony #9 all the way through beginning it right when I notice the first alerts, I think that'll be even better. Great jazz is also amazing in such a situation :)

I wonder what MDMA and mescaline would be like? Too speedy? Neither has ever been speedy for me on its own, but I wonder about the combination. Hopefully I'll get to find out some day.

IMHO if it was okay with Sasha, it's okay with me =D

Have I missed your birthday '?!?!! I better not have!

Nope, it's towards the end of the month :) I wouldn't let you even if you wanted to Sadie, you know this ;)

For the record, 220ug of LSD isn't a small dose for most people, that would floor a lot of people I know.

As for mushrooms being the easiest for you to socialize on, that's wild, for me mushrooms are one of the least controllable and social psychedelics there is. Mescaline for me is about as opening as MDMA, I feel so open and outgoing on it. LSD can go either way but I find myself feeling more normal on it than I do on mushrooms. Normal in the sense that I don't feel inhibited and awkward.

Yeah it is weird ah hell about me and mushrooms. I really enjoy socializing on mescaline, but find it fucks with my short term memory just enough to make the deep conversations it can facilitate rather frustrating to have with people. I didn't have this much of an issue with LSD, but generally when I take that I don't try and hold a conversation with anyone :)

Cake. Lots of cake. And chocolate.

new-product-advertising-inflatable-birthday-cake-model.jpg

I didn't have this much of an issue with LSD, but generally when I take that I don't try and hold a conversation with anyone :)

Ugh. I become socially debilitated on it.. the other person's words, tone of voice and body language sends me into a sensory overload. When it comes to my turn to respond it's like i'm watching myself in third person and I've already forgotten what they said to me. It's a real awkward mess and I try and avoid it completely.

The flip side to this is once i'm coming down from the peak I turn into a linguistic wordsmith overflowing with wit and charm. I'm suddenly using vocabulary I didn't even realise I knew.

As for the original question, I have no idea :) It was my birthday earlier this month and I think I had a few beers and a gaming session with some friends. To be honest the most fun I've had when it comes to birthday's is basically what you've already said; BBQ somewhere, pool if possible, lots of beer and party favours on someones property where you don't have to worry about been shutdown or riff raff showing up.

I definitely like the idea of making it a low key thing. Backgammon might even be involved, speaking of games :)

I think I'm leaning in the direction of not taking enough of anything to have a full on trip. Decided I'd like to be there to enjoy the day. That said, it would be interesting to enjoy the day on a very low dose of LSD :)

We shall see...

Decided I'd like to be there to enjoy the day.

You could go to the beach early, long before the party starts. Sit in the sand and close your eyes. Try to remember waaaaaaay back to your first look at the world. Nothing had meaning, everything was just what it was: completely accepted mystery. Everything a kaleidoscope of color, sound, scent, energy, movement. No drugs needed, in fact they would have gotten in the way. You were, like all of us, born tripping. You, like most of us, clouded that vision along the inevitable path of being human. But what better day than your birthday ( I love that Speed King calls it your own personal national holiday) to open that door again? The ocean is a great guide. So are clouds. By the time your party of fellow humans start to trickle in to your little spot of magic anything that happens will be amazing.Be sure to have a fire if you can.=D<3<3

I definitely like the idea of making it a low key thing. Backgammon might even be involved, speaking of games :)

I think I'm leaning in the direction of not taking enough of anything to have a full on trip. Decided I'd like to be there to enjoy the day. That said, it would be interesting to enjoy the day on a very low dose of LSD :)

We shall see...

Backgammon is a lot of fun. I prefer gin or cribbage though %)