• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Video Games + Psychedelics

I would first recommend something non-violent and kid friendly. Nothing to do with killing. Also, the controls should be easy.

I recommend,

- Final Fantasy 9
- Mickey: the Power of Two
- Katamari Forever
- Little Big Planet
- the new Sonic the Hedgehog episodes, which are great!
- The Deadly Tower of Monsters

I know you said ps4 and pc but a mobile game I found called osmos is very relaxing and would be great for trippers I think.

Personally I have a hard time interacting with electronics when on psychedelics

I played World of Warcraft once on 2C-I which was quite nice. One dungeon in patricular (the Nexus) had great visuals. The gameplay became very subconscious and automatic, which was fascinating. You already have to know the game well for this to work.

I'll try Monument Valley while tripping soon. This one looks promising for the purpose.

These days, I rarely play video games, because it feels like an unproductive waste of time, but I still enjoy them on psychedelic trip comedowns. :)

Had to make a return to this post after tripping on 500ug AL LAD this morning with some friends who wanted to play some games during it, there's a game called Everybody's Gone To The Rapture for PS4, sounds dark but it's far from that, beautiful game. Great graphics and landscape to roam on.....check it out!

I'm going to end up spending the entirety my next trip playing all these new games lol.

I just remembered, my wife told me on her first trip (4 hits of LSD) her friend was playing Fallout 3 and she refused to let him stop playing for the majority of the trip! Sounds pretty unappealing to me but she said it somehow kept her grounded after she realized she'd taken more than she intended.

Walking simulators are amazing for playing while on drugs: firewatch, gone home, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the witness...

Walking simulators are amazing for playing while on drugs: firewatch, gone home, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the witness...

I hope to be able to re-play "Dear Esther" (wasn't that the game that basically established "walking simulators" as a genre?) while tripping one day. You can call it "pretentious" and "boring" and I'm probably not even gonna disagree with you, but that line about "cramming Diazepam like I used to cram for chemistry exams" really hit close to home for me back then.

I guess that's also the problem with this genre though - virtually all walking simulators have a fairly dark subject matter, so it's probably not a good idea to play these on a psychedelic with a "demanding" headspace, or a less-than-optimal set and setting.

Last edited:
I forgot that one, it deserves to be mentioned! Not all walking simulators are dark, you have got Proteus, an awesome trippy with good vibes walking simulator.

IX4uH3t.jpg

EDIT: SKATE 3 how did I forget that game. So much fun while trippin

Last edited:
I love games that go fast while tripping.... F-Zero and Sonic games are good choices. :) Generally only with longer-lasting psychedelics like LSD though.... With something shorter I would find it to take up too much of the meaningful parts of the trip.

Few days ago had a really, really enjoyable 10 hours long experience combining 30mg Proscaline, 28mg Methallylescaline and 20mg of 4-Aco-MET. Took all at once. Started up a bit messy but quickly settled to a steady +++ with amazing colors, visuals and deep sense of awe and understanding. My cat's hair was turning into flames and leaking out in the air, I was astonished! A very good combination of chems, will definitely repeat! ;)
Being very high, unable to go anywhere but with a strong desire to go somewhere and being alone at home with a gaming PC and a projector, I decided to play some videogames. %)

I was at the condition when things like Fallout4 or anything dopamine-oriented felt a bit too simple and overwhelming at the same time, so I searched for walking simulators and I found The Stanley Parable (or The Stanley Parable found me?..). I highly recommend this game for playing on psychedelics! Man, it appeared so humorous and so perfect for my condition. Got me thinking really about how we as humans treat each other and how it contributes to the society that we have...

Then after I finished that game and my trip settled down a bit, I started another walking simulator game, SOMA which got me very energized and curious, it made me think of DMT and DPT for few moments there - lots of deeply scary and unexpected moments in this game! :)

Besides those two mentioned, I can recommend Firewatch and Life is Strange as a good psychedelic mood games, I still need to check out some games mentioned by others earlier - Dear Esther, Back Home and Vanishing of Ethan Carter - they all look very suitable for psychedelic headspace depending on what mood is the most suitable for you.