• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Fireworks and Toss your Works"

simco

Bluelight Crew
This thread is for anyone who wants to get or is staying sober. Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines.

It's hot out there (at least in the Northern Hemisphere), folks. Don't lose your cool...tell SL what's on your mind.

Last month's thread is archived here.

Thanks simco - it's like you're already an old hand at this ;) :)

Yay July! Happy birthday to me =D never gave much thought to them before, but this year is different.

Happy birthday, TPD. Out of curiosity, why is this year different?

Rolled comfortably through the quality dead and co show last clean and dancing. =D Lol.. it was at Wrigley and there was shit for parking and my google maps glitched out so it took me a bit to find my fucking truck after the show even though i was sober.:\

Last edited:
Happy birthday, TPD. Out of curiosity, why is this year different?

Thanks sim :) Lots of reasons: turning 30, starting my grad school program and going into my last year of the program at UCLA, it being 3.5 yrs since I quit heroin, over a year since I quit methadone, basically lots of accomplishments I've accrued over the last few years - bit and small - finally feel like they've started to make things come together. So it's more of a late barmitzva or something. I feel like I've finally basically come of age and starting what looks to become the best decade of my life.

Rolled comfortably through the quality dead and co show last clean and dancing. =D Lol.. it was at Wrigley and there was shit for parking and my google maps glitched out so it took me a bit to find my fucking truck after the show even though i was sober.:\

That sounds awesome! My favorite music festivals I got into sober. I cannot imagine being able to enjoy something like Defqon1 using opioids or cocaine, or even drinking for that matter.

Wrigley is also awesome :)

Share something good you heard with us last night in the music thread? =D

Will do tomorrow

GD & CO Wrigley 6/30/17

The Music Never Stopped
Bertha
Me and My Uncle
Sugaree
Let It Grow>
Play Video
Uncle John's Band
John & Bob on acoustic

Set 2:
Shakedown Street>
Dark Star(1st verse) >
St. Stephen >
China Doll>
Play Video
Terrapin Station> "Uncle John's Band" reprise >
Drums>
Space>
Standing on the Moon>
Help on the Way>
Slipknot!>
Franklin's Tower

Ripple
U.S. Blues

Lots to choose from=D

Congrats NSA. I don't remember the last time I went to a show and stayed sober.

I have some practice hitting shows sober so I felt confident going in.. I'm not addicted to grass so I knew that aspect wouldn't bother me.

Saw a person OD on something psychedelic on the way out.. They were strapped to a gurney and fucking on cloud 13.. Made me really glad to be clean at the show.

Should have brought the kiddo.. I was boggying pretty good.

That is sad about seeing that OD. Bringing your kid to the next show is a great idea! I can only imagine it would be a fun bonding experience :)

July has always been trick for me. Too many memories plus I do travel to places where drugs are much more available.

This month has been a drag so far, and it's just the first day. =D At least the fall should be better.

Autumn is my favorite season as well, it's mild and I really dislke hot weather.

Well I'm not saying I'm getting sober but today i'm drinking seltzer water in cans instead of beer. I'm trying my hardest to never go to work hungover again.