• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Fireworks and Toss your Works"

heyho, maybe this time I'm allowed to post?
new here, 4,5 months clean and atm stuck at home studying :D but enjoying it kind of

yes I am! my last post disappeared.
I'm extremely impressed by living clean. So many emotions and perceptions and I can access some spirituality.
NA also helps. Not so used to being sober all the time after 5 years, but I don't want to go back.

One day at the time! :) ^ Most of us have also quit too, I'm sober for for 2 years + 7 m in two weeks. It was been a bit confusing at first, exercises and healthy routine made my way life better. I still have some blue days, but less and less. I have actually found happiness, it doesn't last long but it makes me sure I'm in the right track.

Welcome to BL Lamurion!
Erik

thank you :)
my account is older than yours but I never posted xD funny
it's so crazy. I'm having an exam tomorrow and I'm just slightly nervous. not freaking out. my room looks decent.
really worked on myself and accepting reality. dropping inner resistance can make things so much nicer.

It is about that time for me to move on, been living/working at a drug and alcohol treatment center for almost a solid year now. So need to start looking into what the next phase of my life will be, so currently looking for employment. Spoke with a close friend of mine that does construction work, leaning towards that. Will be working with other people in recovery so thats a plus.
One day at a time tho, not trying to overwhelm myself, when its time its time.

It is about that time for me to move on, been living/working at a drug and alcohol treatment center for almost a solid year now. So need to start looking into what the next phase of my life will be, so currently looking for employment. Spoke with a close friend of mine that does construction work, leaning towards that. Will be working with other people in recovery so thats a plus.

Congrats, D's. You've made amazing progress. I'm sure you're going to do great. <3

I can relate to the "next phase" thing. Going through it too. :|

Thanks for the feedback guys, been dealing with a lot of emotional stress today, lost a good co worker today because of an energy,and as some of you know i was facing the same punishment.

Trying to put together a plan of action because i dont want to be that one guy,that leaves carrying his shit down the road.i know for sure if that happened to me then i would go and get tore up.

I've got 32 days. Pretty stoked on that. Hope everyone is well.

By sober, you mean only methadone? Or methadone and rx'd benzos, but no RC benzos?

Hope you're doing well.
Only methadone. I haven't decided if I am going to eventually get back on rx benzos or not. But I'm just doing methadone maintenance for now

Only methadone. I haven't decided if I am going to eventually get back on rx benzos or not. But I'm just doing methadone maintenance for now

Oh wow, no benzos for a whole month, RC or rx? Nothing else? That's amazing dude. :) I'm so proud of you.

Stay strong man. What dose of methadone are you on? Are you maintaining or doing a real slow taper still?

That's awesome, cj! Damn, I didn't realize you were off benzos. Congrats. <3

Nice work! Are you still going to have to deal with tapering out of your clinic because of the cannabis?