Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Morning Glory Seeds - Exp - A Strange, Chaotic, Moderately Frightening Trip

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Background:

Okay, I've tripped around 30 times..... mostly good trips though about 10% of the time I've had what would be considered a "bad" trip though on all of these occasions but this one, there was some lesson to be learned. This one was just bizarre and the stuff just ended up freaking me out, and when I came down, it seemed as though I was just freaking out without a whole lot of rhyme or reason behind it all.

I've done quite a few different psychedelics, though I'm only 24 so I haven't had nearly as many experiences as I'm sure some people have had here. I've done mushrooms a few times, which have always been good trips that were enlightening but I also have always greatly enjoyed the euphoria that I rarely get to the degree that I do on mushrooms. I also did acid twice, the first time was overall a good experience..... but the second time was an epicly horrible trip (though I did learn a tremendous amount from that experience). I also used to smoke weed basically 24/7 but now it's just a rare special occasion kind of thing.

I've also done morning glory seeds a number of time, with a variety of different kinds of trips. While sourcing is against the rules here, I'll just say that the seeds that I have access to are a bit stronger than most other morning glory seeds. Generally, the trips I've had with them tend to be about the same intensity as a couple grams of good mushrooms or single tab of strong acid. This experience was similar, but this particular trip created a bit of paranoia for what seemed to be for little to no reason. None of my other trips have been like that. Here's how this weird night this January went down:

T-0:30- Started to feel it a bit. Colors were a little brighter, etc. Since my Mom was still awake at this point, I told her some very nice things that she has continued to remember and take note of.

T-1:00- I began to feel it a bit more, and I realized that my mind was moving very quickly and I was beginning to feel the classic tryptamine onset (e.g. yawning, feeling the alerts, etc.). I also was really into listening to music on my computer, and the music videos seemed to have fascinating significance about the world. I was really seeing those little "hidden messages" in things quite strongly.

T-1:30- Now, I am feeling incredibly euphoric. It was kind of my mushroom experiences, only the euphoria was even more intense. I began to have some self realizations about myself, and the experience was generally incredibly euphoric. Not much visuals, other than that all the lights in my house had these spinning star like patterns and colorful rays to some degree. However, the visuals were pretty minor. Mentally though, I was tripping balls...... in the best of possible ways =D

T-2:00- I felt amazing, still the most immense euphoria ever. I was having incredible self realizations about myself, but they were kind of things I already knew. Then, I started to have some rather strange thoughts. I was on the internet reading about this S&M ritual called "The Dance of The Souls". This ritual is essentially where everyone pierces their nose and everyone chains the piercings to each other. Then, they just dance around a fire and the pain of the pulling on everyone's new nose rings just causes excruciating pain.

For some reason, in my altered state, I began to find this ritual intriguing and in my mindfucked state, I thought this ritual may be something that I would like to take part in. Not sure why, as this isn't the sort of thing I would even consider normally. The ritual wasn't necessarily a sexual thing, and I won't say that I necessarily found the idea of this exciting in a sexual way or anything..... but I felt that it would be an amazing and beautiful thing to take part in. In fact, I laid on the floor and intensely visualized myself taking part in this ritual. I could feel the tugging on my nose and the pain of this made me feel utterly euphoric beyond words.

Not only did I think about it, but I even looked up how one would actually take part in this. I actually planned to go to it, but of course, when I stopped tripping...... I had second thoughts 8(

T-2:30- I still felt amazing, but had a few somewhat dark thoughts at points.

T-2:45- This is where the paranoia began to set in. I recently had somewhat of an issue with a neighbor. He left his cat stuck up in a tree (and the cat is an outdoor cat and they never let it in the house). It had been stuck in trees numerous times, and had it not been for me getting it down, the poor little guy probably would have just starved up there. However, ultimately, I paid to get him down from the tree..... but the neighbor not only didn't pay me back, but he just was yelling at me telling me that it was so horrible of me to save his cat.

This bizarre reaction was due to these freaks' religious beliefs that "it's wrong to save animals from anything because they don't have souls" and all this other nonsense they believe in. The fact that he didn't pay me back for this and just ranted his nonsense at me earlier in the day set me off.

T-3:00- For some reason, I believed that due to my anger at him..... I had hacked and wrecked his router in a trance (which I didn't do). Not only did I not do this, but it wasn't even anything that I ever thought about at any point. I was pissed about him not paying me back, but I'm certainly not the type to go and vandalize someone's electronics just because they do something that pisses me off. Despite the fact that I hadn't done this, I began to wonder if I did in some sort of lysergically induced psychedelic blackout 8o. I had visions of my neighbors all being pissed at me, me being charged with vandalism and the cops coming to arrest me, my family disowning me for this, and other horrible things. I began to believe this, and as I looked at the carpet, I began to see strange patterns of churches, angels, and a mix and match pattern of religious imagery.

T-3:15- The same thing as before was going on, only I began to hear crickets...... which has occurred on every other "bad" trip that I've had (which was only 3). For some reason, I wondered if maybe the crickets were some sort of spirit guides that I was encountering now and on the other occasions, though I was unsure what the significance of it was. On the other times I heard them, it simply reinforced my feelings of lunacy. On this occasion though, I was more just wondering what they were..... but almost viewing them as old friends of sorts. Anyways, I checked my internet history and realized what sanity would have known all along that I didn't do anything to my neighbors' computer and that I hadn't vandalized anybody's stuff.

T-4:30- The loops are still going on. I still am feeling paranoid as fuck, but I remind myself that I'll come down eventually :(

T-7:15- Still very paranoid about the same loop as before, and I have probably checked and rechecked my computer like 20 times throughout the trip. I feel like shit, and it's just like my normal "OCD" times a million :(

T-8:00- Now, I'm coming down and am actually able to go to sleep. When I do, I have some vivid/weird dreams that I cannot recall.

T-16:00- I wake up, feeling somewhat scattered with a shitty afterglow. However, I largely am getting past it and realize the lingering paranoia will go away which it does.

T-21:00- It's now like 6-7 in the evening and I have a few beers, which puts the lingering paranoia aside and I ultimately just go to bed and have a decent sleep and wake up feeling like my usual self when I wake up the next day.

So, yeah, this was just a strange experience that I don't exactly feel like I was easily able to make sense of. I've been totally fine and definitely have sworn of psychs or anything like that as a result, but it was just rather weird and frightening but I feel like there was some significance to it all that I still gotta digest and understand further. That's kinda how it is sometimes with psychs. Some experiences may leave you scratching your head for a bit, but there usually is meaning in a "bad" trip..... for me at least, but it can sometimes take a bit of time to really figure it all out. I haven't tripped again or done any drugs since this though, other than drinking like I always do.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_morninggloryseeds
substancecode_lsa
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe i'm just really hungover this morning...but after failing to find what substance this was a report for I didn't read it

Morning Glory seeds... I think. He doesn't clearly say, but the last paragraph before the timeline starts seems to possibly suggest it may be morning glory seeds?

Hey thanks for sharing, can you let me know what drug you took for this trip so I can change the title to include it?

Your neighbor sounds like a nut who shouldn't have a cat. :\