• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quiting poppy tea

fwiw, OP, when I toss drugs or paraphernalia, I have to chuck it somewhere where there's no chance I can go digging for it...because I will :\. If you're having any inkling that you'd like to retrieve that stuff, I recommend disposing of it somewhere aside from your home (especially since it's nothing illegal).

Thanks simco. All that stuff was picked up this morning, so no worries there. It just sucks that I'm having a pain flair up this close to kicking PST...I mean it was the reason I was using to begin with!

Thanks simco. All that stuff was picked up this morning, so no worries there. It just sucks that I'm having a pain flair up this close to kicking PST...I mean it was the reason I was using to begin with!

Glad the stuff got carted off.

I hope your flare up is short-lived. I can't recall: what sort of pain are you dealing with?

Fuck this shit, I quit 5 weeks ago and still feel like hell. I now try to ease my wds with loperamdie 100mg. How long can I use them before I get wds from them? Really guys, I've used amphetamine, meth, GBL, pregabalin and benzos to ease missery of opium WD's. I went 100x75mg pregabalins in 3 days, I had to call my doctor and lye to him that I went abroad and forgot my meds there, well this one rescripted me 14x75mg pregabalins, firstday took 600mg and was all good no opium wds, now second day took last 450mg pregabalin and I still can feel wds.

I suspect that someone but small amounts of opioids in my speed, bewcause what the hell, one day after my last speed I felt ok, like no wd's. second day I was sweeting like hell, and the usual shitty iopioid wd's. It cant be that about 1 week ago I didint have wds a anymore and now I have them again. Fucking hell, how someone can lace my speed with shitty opioids just that I get wds again? Must be sick person.

Now I ask youre help, I cant get ANY fucking pregabalin, gabapentin, phen ibut or GBL/GHB the usual stuff that works greatly and kill opioid WD's, I mean in this shitty city have only opioids and amphetamine available. I don't do any speed anymore, because it feel mentally like death after 1 week use, and I dont have annything to ease that, only FUCKING BULLSHIT OPIOID WHICH I HATE, available 24/7 or speed, which is ok if I had pregabalin after binges.

I'm now fukec for real, I hate benzos, they make me depressed, one day I took 24mg clonazepam and drunk 0,5l booze, well I didnt loose my memory and didnt feel better, so I went and got some really fucking good speed, and right after that BAM OPIOID WDS??? It was laced with opioids I'm sure, because how this can happen?

So I tell what I'm going to do, I USE EVERY FUCKING METHOD TO GET RID OF WD'S, opium WD'S feels like hell and IM SURE FUCKING READY TO DIE IF IM NOT GETTING ANY BETTER. In this shitty country ITS FUCKING IMOSSIBL TO GET ON BUPRENORPHINE OR METHADON MAINTEANCE, its very very hard to get into it and takes very long time even one year beore you get into it.

AND PLEASE DON't COME TO TELL ME DON'T KILL YOURSELF JUST SUFFER THE HELL OF WD'S THAT LAST WHO KNOWS HOW LONG 3 MONTHS?? No, if this 100mg loperamide dosent make me feel better I TAKE 200MG, if still nothing I TAKE 400MG, AND I DONT FUCKING CARE IF I CAN DIE ON HEART ATTACK, IM SURE MY HEART IS IN GOOD STATE AFTER USING LOTS OF AMPHETAMINES.

So if you really want to help me tell me how can I get rid of this MENTAL (TOTAL FUCKING LACK OF INTEREST AND GETTING PLEASURE FROM ANYTHING) AND PHYSICAL HELL?? Next timer when I get my bottle of pregabalins is 3 weeks away, and they never l.ast long because they are 100x75mg. Fucking police state is stealing youre post if it has meds on it even when sent from next city from you.

Well I just need to try my luck and order two bottles of phenibut 100g. And 24x300mg prebalings, lots of gabapentins and find some GBL. I could do all this if I wasnt feeling fuckign shit all the time, only thanks to pregabalin I was able to shop yesterday, Two days ago I felt so shit that wastn able to ask anyone if there is some meds that I need, I wouldnt even be able to buy speed.

So my last hope is take 200mg loperamide and order my meds illegally, tehre is no way to get some other doctor to prescript you any more pregabalin, because there is database for every medicine that is drug and they see if some other doctor have scripted it to you already.

Im still waiting loperamide to kick in, also I hope that my heart stops like lots of people have warned, I dont care if I die, whatever, death is better than this. and please dont come tell me its over in one week, because its not.

So see you lets hope I die and this is my last message.

Please tread carefully with the loperamide. It is a viable withdrawal aid in more moderate and higher doses (depending on the habit), but it should be used as sparingly as possible. IME the difference between 100 and 200mg isn’t very subjectively different. If you need to increase your dose try 120mg, 150mg or something. The dangers of increasing the dose past that do not outweigh the benefits.

Basically try and limit your high dose loperamide use to 7-14 days, and then if necessary reduce the dose and titrate off over the course of another week or two.

You can’t order kratom or something? That would work faaaar better than high dose loperamide use in really all respects. You can still take more normal dosages of loperamide if the kratom isn’t enough.

I mean you’re in the thick of it already so it’s a little late, but I’d still highly recommend seeking out your own doctor or psychiatrist you can get more appropriate comfort meds from, like gabapentin, clonidine and diazepam/clonazepam.

And btw loperamide can take about as much time as methadone to kick in. With high dose use keep yourself hydrated and do all you can to avoid redosing same day. It’s a long acting drug, and in many cases it is possible to get by only using it ever other day.

Please tread carefully with the loperamide. It is a viable withdrawal aid in more moderate and higher doses (depending on the habit), but it should be used as sparingly as possible. IME the difference between 100 and 200mg isn’t very subjectively different. If you need to increase your dose try 120mg, 150mg or something. The dangers of increasing the dose past that do not outweigh the benefits.

Basically try and limit your high dose loperamide use to 7-14 days, and then if necessary reduce the dose and titrate off over the course of another week or two.

You can’t order kratom or something? That would work faaaar better than high dose loperamide use in really all respects. You can still take more normal dosages of loperamide if the kratom isn’t enough.

I mean you’re in the thick of it already so it’s a little late, but I’d still highly recommend seeking out your own doctor or psychiatrist you can get more appropriate comfort meds from, like gabapentin, clonidine and diazepam/clonazepam.

And btw loperamide can take about as much time as methadone to kick in. With high dose use keep yourself hydrated and do all you can to avoid redosing same day. It’s a long acting drug, and in many cases it is possible to get by only using it ever other day.

Hi thanks. I', feeling better already, yes it took veeery long time to kick in about 4 hours. I took totally 100mg today. I know loperamide well, before getting addicted to poppies, I used loepramide recreationally up to 220mg, and it was great when done only once a month.

I can't get kratom nowehere, If I order it I get criminal recored, big fine (can be 500 euros) and search warrant for my home. Clonidine I can't get there is some stupid thing that you can get it only on very special cases, you need some order from higher doctor or something. I asked it in drug addiction center, they said that they can't give me any clonidine to take home (only way to get it is to go to drug rehabilitation center which is hellhole).They never give you any drugs that you could abuse to take home, they only give you anti-psychotic or anti-depressant. I get pregabalin for anxiety, because no benzo helps, also benzos give me serious depression, I can get them from street very easy and cheap, I went throught 100 2mg clonazepam in 2 weeks, they didnt help with anything, xanax, oxazepam or diazzepam all make everything feel worse. Only benzo that somehow helps is etizolam which is not used here, if I order it from online same case happen lliek with kratom.

I here drug addiction center don't and can't help you at all, really, this country is listed very highly on people life, yes there are lots of good things, you get benefits easily when you are unemployed, enough for everything even for drugs, but as far as it goes with helping people with drug addiction, they have no clue at all and often forbid you getting any real help, its extremely hard to get on opioid maintenance, even if you do, you have to get you're dose every day for 1 year from the drug addiction center, after 1 year they give you two doses to take home, each month you get 1 more dose to take home, so its worse than getting drugs form dealer, there is no possible way to get a job and be on maintenance, because you have to get the doses on specific times, and well if you happen to have work then you will miss you're dose. Its terrible.

There is no doctor that would even consider scripting you a clonidine, gabapentin, pregabalin or any other real help for opioid addiction, if you ask it from public hospital they will tread you junkie rest of you're life, it will stay on their files. If you go to private doctor, it's 99% sure that he won't give you anything but only tread you badly and you still have to pay 70e for going see him. In this fucking idiot country even can't sell even loperamide more than 1 package of 16 tablets, 100 tablets you need prescription. They won't sell two packages now a days, and its very expensive to buy them without prescription. I have prescription for 100 tablets of loperamide but I cant ask refill it every week. Maybe two time a month.

Most of the time there is absolutely zero gabapentins or pregabapentins on the street, they are that popular that people will buy them as soon as anybody is selling them. I could make lots of money if I sold my pregabapentins.

So I'm fucked. I can only get amphetamine, that takes all wd's of as soon as it hits my brains, its great, but the bad sleep (I always sleep by taking anti-psychotics, but its still bad sleep, might sleep only 5 hours) and food and also crash after week long binge is terrible.

Also I could get expensive buprenorphine from the street, but I don't think thats smart idea.

I try this loperamide thing for 7 days, it will cost lots of money, and really I might not get enough it because of restrictions.

So there is really no help from nobody, I'm all alone. I have big stress, right now I might feel ok, and for tomorrow I have other 100mg of loperamide, after that I don't know what happens, I'm not doing speed anymore thats for sure.

I mean, if you can find the money and the risk of its illegality isn’t too problematic, sourcing some buprenorphine is far preferable to high dose loperamide.

If you don’t mind my asking, what part of the world are you in? Just curious regarding what you mentioned about treatment providers, although if youd prefer to avoid mentioning it I totally understand that too.

Glad the stuff got carted off.

I hope your flare up is short-lived. I can't recall: what sort of pain are you dealing with?

Arthritic flair up (possible ankylosing spondylitis, which is the calcification of the joints). I've been taking Enbrel for about a year and a half. Doc is switching me over to Humira now, hopefully this works. My pain is in the tips of my ribs and in my spine - very debilitating - pain in the 7-8 out of 10 region. Been taking predisone for a few days now, the pain with it is certainly manageable but the steroids make me feel like total crap - depression, anxiety, shit sleep, shakiness, diarrhea, etc. Taking prednisone is like having low grade WD symptoms which is better than the pain, but just another fucking thing to deal with.

Sorry to hear about the pain. I really hope you can get some relief! <3

I mean, if you can find the money and the risk of its illegality isn’t too problematic, sourcing some buprenorphine is far preferable to high dose loperamide.

If you don’t mind my asking, what part of the world are you in? Just curious regarding what you mentioned about treatment providers, although if youd prefer to avoid mentioning it I totally understand that too.

Illegality is problem for me if it has high risk to get caught. They ruin you're life if you DUI (I mean even if I'm not high, but something like benzos show up because I took them 10 days earlier, I try to avoid driving high), order drugs to home and get caught or something other, I've never have had problems with law so I keep it that way. I've still have my driving license, and have clean records, trust me you don't want any "drug abuse" in police or public hospital records, they tread you like shit after that.

Anyway I was lucky and got 10500mg of pregabalin from "street-market" (very expensive, but well can't think about money when you feel like dying), so I have enough for 10 days to use 750mg/daily. But I'm planning to take 5 days then do some amphetamines for 3 days so I get break from pregabalin. Also I still try to find GBL. After 10 days I check again if I have wd's. But at least now just took 800mg pregabalin I feel like I live again so I can go buy food and do some other stuff that need to be done.

The feeling when you wake up in wd's and don't have any meds to help ease them is terrible, so I don't let that happen again. Not going to take loperamide either, just need pregabalin, gabapentin, GBL and some amphetamines then I'm fine for two weeks.

So if anybody is considering using poppies/seeds/opium then think again and choose any other opioid. This shit gives you so long and bad wd's, that it's imossible to do any cold turkey shit, better using oxys or even heroin, you get addicted to them anyway so better to think future about when you have to quit and how long and terrible wd's you get. Maybe best thing to do is switch to fentanyl, use it feew weeks and stop then, because it gives shortest wd's. What I've read and heard from other people poppies/opium will give you longest and worst wd's and also make tolerance go so high, that only fentanyl work after that. Well maybe methadone is worse or in same par with this shit.

I'm still sure someone laced speed with small amount of opioids. It's hard to tell, I get better euphoria from amphetamines anyway, so I can't tell if there is some opioid on my speed.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the pain. I really hope you can get some relief!

Ughhhh. I typed up a whole two paragraphs and it didn't go through! I'll summarize below:

Last night was the first night in 3 weeks that I slept the entire way through. My pain is now gone and I'm feeling as "normal" as I can be - it's been a long time. I was able to schedule an impromptu vacation to one of my favorite places to visit and leave in a couple days. A week after that I'm going on another "vacation". I'm a little worried about PAWS, but I figure if I can keep myself preoccupied by getting away then it'll be much much easier. I'm very lucky to be able to get away like this.

Ne0, hang in there! I'm glad to hear you're able to get some provisions to help you through WD. You're absolutely right in saying that PST WD is bad. I've never gotten hooked on anything else but the WD is extremely tough. Use your crutches as sparingly as possible and get clean man! There are good people here who can help you along the way. My recommendation is to get something to help you sleep as well! Good luck man!

Last edited:
That's great about your vacation...I wouldn't sweat it about PAWS during your trip. Travel is amazingly effective at lifting spirits during recovery. Something about being away from our routines and pleasantly busy, I think.

Have a great time <3

That's great about your vacation...I wouldn't sweat it about PAWS during your trip. Travel is amazingly effective at lifting spirits during recovery. Something about being away from our routines and pleasantly busy, I think.

Have a great time

Grrr, don't know why my posts aren't going through properly.

Just came back to say that I figured time away would be good for me. The past times I've gone through WD was because of travel and being unable to bring PST along with me. Those WD experiences sucked but were a bit easier because I always had something to do. I've been wanting to get away for a while, but just the chore of making and taking PST keeps you shackled down. It's nice to have those shackles taken off. Thanks to all who replied to this thread because it helped me get through it all. I'll be back in the future to post up how I'm doing.

You’ve been through a lot, so I would encourage you to continue doing whatever you can to explore joy and be as kind and gentle with yourself as you can be. Keep up the good work!

Vacations can help or be difficult, it’s all how you go about it. If you don’t mind sharing, I’d be curious to hear what you’ll be up to. Most of my most enjoyable vacations involve nature or Europe, but there is so much fun stuff out there work experiencing!

You’ve been through a lot, so I would encourage you to continue doing whatever you can to explore joy and be as kind and gentle with yourself as you can be. Keep up the good work!

Vacations can help or be difficult, it’s all how you go about it. If you don’t mind sharing, I’d be curious to hear what you’ll be up to. Most of my most enjoyable vacations involve nature or Europe, but there is so much fun stuff out there work experiencing!

I'll be going down to Austin TX. I used to live there for a number of years and I just fell in love with everything about it...the nice weather, the parks, the rugged and beautiful landscape, the hills, hiking trails, the downtown scene, the lake, etc etc. It's absolutely the place I want to live forever, if I can get back there. My parents moved there a couple years after I left because they fell in love with it when they had visited me, and now I am able to go down and visit them. I plan to just hang out with them. My father has cancer and might only live another 5 years. He's one of the reasons I quit, because I knew I needed to get down there and see him as often as I can. Not sure what we'll be doing exactly, but I'm sure it'll involve drinking Lone Stars and watching the sunset on the lake. For me it doesn't really matter what I do down there, just being there gives me the "feels" like crazy. For me, it's like taking a drug being there. The only downside to visiting down there is that it sometimes reminds me of a big heartbreak I had that kind of drove me crazy and certainly drove me to drink A LOT. My drinking is absolutely under control, but I can say that I turned into an alcoholic at the time and it absolutely affected my life. I ended up quitting my job because I was drinking a lot and I just couldn't handle the everyday BS that was associated with that job and I was becoming a bit paranoid. I was unemployed for 8 months before moving away and finding a new job (I'm very specialized). I regret what happened, and miss living there. I am happy to be able to visit down there though, and really look forward to it.

Ne0, hang in there! I'm glad to hear you're able to get some provisions to help you through WD. You're absolutely right in saying that PST WD is bad. I've never gotten hooked on anything else but the WD is extremely tough. Use your crutches as sparingly as possible and get clean man! There are good people here who can help you along the way. My recommendation is to get something to help you sleep as well! Good luck man!

Hi thanks man. I use quatapine for sleep, it works greatly at 150mg, if I take amphetamines I need 200mg. Anyway now that I have pregabalin I get sleep without other meds. Pregabalin is really like magic bullet for opioid WD's, it's really interesting how it takes almost all WD's away even at low doses like 300mg, mentally and physically I feel good, it gives good mood and energy. Just got sorted out my benefit application. I have to say even that in this country as drug addict you don't get much help, but at least we have really good benefit system, I'm not abusing it, I've worked all my life and last places wanted me to be permanent worker, but I had to say no, because I know I'm not able to work next 3 months, maybe even 4 months.

It's good you are getting better, vacation is always good to get away all the normal life I would do that too if I didn't waste my money to drugs (now I think its over 1500 euros already) to keep the WD's away, it's bad because I used my credit card, so I have to pay it all back, I have already too much loan (I spent too much, I like to have newest computer parts and best TV, and so on), well when I have WD's I go to automatic mode where I just get the money take taxi to the dealer, I don't think about the money just about getting better. Maybe I'm weak that I can't bare the WD's, I really would commit suicide If I had to go full cold turkey. you seem strong as you take them without much any help from other medicine. You must be feeling worse than me because you have pain too. But good that this is you're first time quitting opioids and you didn't use that long. Opium/poppy or any other opiate/opioid Wd's will get worse every time you start to use again and quit. Like now I used only 4 months, but the WD's are worse than when I quit my 2 year use.

If you still have problems with WD's I recommend you to ask pregabalin (lyrica) from you're doctor, 300mg/daily will work like magic, but don't use them more than 2 weeks, I used them 2 months and got really bad WD's like opioid WD's really, so must be careful when using pregabalin. Also gabapentin or phenibut do the trick, phenibut is really great working for 24h, but again all these gaba-a/b drugs are very addictive, so 2 week rule is best to use. For me benzos have never worked, I mean in nice way, I get depressed on them and they won't help with opioid WD's. I took 20mg clonazepam (might be fake pills, that have clonazolam) and 0,25 booze in two hour and still felt bad, as soon as I got amphetamine I threw the booze and benzos away. I didn't lost even my memory.

Last edited:
Pregabalin can be difficult to get in the states, many (if not all) hospital systems treat it as a controlled substance and require the same procedures as if you were getting oxy. I bought phenibut along with kratom for my WD, but I honestly don't think the phenibut did anything to me. After reading this, and out of curiousity, I just took 1.2g and I'll report back if I actually notice anything. I know it take like 4-5 hours to kick in...maybe I got a bad batch? I ordered from a company that has Lift as the first word of their name (hope it's okay to specify like this). Perhaps I didn't notice anything because the effects are so mild?

Pregabalin can be difficult to get in the states, many (if not all) hospital systems treat it as a controlled substance and require the same procedures as if you were getting oxy. I bought phenibut along with kratom for my WD, but I honestly don't think the phenibut did anything to me. After reading this, and out of curiousity, I just took 1.2g and I'll report back if I actually notice anything. I know it take like 4-5 hours to kick in...maybe I got a bad batch? I ordered from a company that has Lift as the first word of their name (hope it's okay to specify like this). Perhaps I didn't notice anything because the effects are so mild?

For me 5g did the trick, in here phenibut is controlled substance so it's very hard to get, last time I got lucky and got 20g, lasted for me 4 days, it gives amazing dreams too. It should work greatly, unless you are on of those people who don't get good effects from Gaba-b drugs, like GBL/GHB, pregabalin, gabapentin and phenibut. But 1,2g is very low dose, I don't know if mine was 100% pure as it was bought from illegal market, I read that 3g is high dose but with my batch it was 5g. So I would try first 3g, if after 4 hours still nothing take 2g more. If you don't still get any feelings then its either bad batch or gaba-b drugs just doesn't work for you.

Kratom is great for quitting opioids what I've read. I'ts also very hard to get in here, it's controlled substance. But I used it recreationally many years ago when it was easy to order anything from online, it was great just like any opioid, but now most those packets get caught by customs and you get big fine and home search warrant so you get problems with law, big bad here if it's about drugs. After that police will stop you frequently and test you for drugs.

It's too bad you can't get pregabalin. In here too it's pretty hard to get, they would prescript benzos without problems but pregabalin is big NO for many doctors, I told that I have prescripted many different benzodiazepines and SSRI's, but there was nothing that helped with my anxiety, which is true so I didn't have to lie to get it, I have long history with anxiety and many different medicines over 10 years so they knew I told truth just looking my medical records, in here all public and private health care records will be saved to database which every doctor can see, it's for preventing people to get same medicine from many doctors and for general information about patience. I got 3x75mg pregabalin per day for social and general anxiety, I still get them for now, I don't know future if doctor thinks it bad idea and wound refill my prescript. Also there is very little pregabalin in illegal market in here and it's expensive, I got 70x150mg pregabalin from illegal market for 200e (would be 190 dollars), well he brought it almost to my doorstep.

Take care.

Last edited:
Today is day 33. All WD symptoms still gone. I really don't like dealing with the everyday aches and pains though, and I'm still dealing with some depression. I really miss not having to deal with the day to day "this aches" or "this muscle is sore" BS. Also the days are long, and that totally sucks.

My trip to Austin was satisfactory. This time I didn't have the opportunity to keep busy like I normally do, so the trip wasn't the greatest. I plan to go back in a few months though with some friends, so it'll be a great time then.

I have "slipped up" a little bit if you can call it that. I've taken some low/mod dose of loperamide (about 20mg) in hopes of thwarting PAWS a few times. Hard to tell if it's helping, but then again it's not a lot. I'm still having diarrhea if I don't take the lope, but that could be a side effect of travel, different foods, and more consumption of beer. I'm not really craving opiates, what I do crave is dropping some of the aches. I'm still having trouble falling asleep. I feel like my mind just goes and goes and goes and I can't do it. Even when taking a muscle relaxer, an OTC sleep aid I still have trouble. I even took a tranquilizer and it didn't help me fall asleep. When I do sleep it's certainly not high quality sleep...some tossing and turning.

Ne0, I hope you are doing well. I was a little sad to come back to this thread and find you had not posted.

Today is day 33. All WD symptoms still gone. I really don't like dealing with the everyday aches and pains though, and I'm still dealing with some depression. I really miss not having to deal with the day to day "this aches" or "this muscle is sore" BS. Also the days are long, and that totally sucks.

My trip to Austin was satisfactory. This time I didn't have the opportunity to keep busy like I normally do, so the trip wasn't the greatest. I plan to go back in a few months though with some friends, so it'll be a great time then.

I have "slipped up" a little bit if you can call it that. I've taken some low/mod dose of loperamide (about 20mg) in hopes of thwarting PAWS a few times. Hard to tell if it's helping, but then again it's not a lot. I'm still having diarrhea if I don't take the lope, but that could be a side effect of travel, different foods, and more consumption of beer. I'm not really craving opiates, what I do crave is dropping some of the aches. I'm still having trouble falling asleep. I feel like my mind just goes and goes and goes and I can't do it. Even when taking a muscle relaxer, an OTC sleep aid I still have trouble. I even took a tranquilizer and it didn't help me fall asleep. When I do sleep it's certainly not high quality sleep...some tossing and turning.

Ne0, I hope you are doing well. I was a little sad to come back to this thread and find you had not posted.

Hi, nice progress, keep it up.

Today is 50 days and still having wd's. I have to eat 300mg pregabalin just to feel somewhat living. Yesterday took 100mg loperamide as well, trying to shorten the wd's, I know when last time I quit and took 200mg loperamide (dont ask why) I had always 1 week mild wd's, but with single use of poppy tea it was straight 1 month, so they should make wd's shorter, and this reminds me I wasn't really clean from opioids last time, at least once a month had to do some. I have to stop eating pregabalin, because it soon hits 2 weeks daily usage, and you don't want go over that, but can't stop if feeling so bad. The most depressing thing is that I don't know how long these wd's will last. Have done lots of speed lately, but starting to get fed up with it, it gets harder and harder to get sleep. Too much money wasted, but tried to have at least few days break from pregabalin. Surprisingly mental side is not the hardest for me, I can always lift my mood with exercising and meditation, but the really terrible feeling in the body won't go away no matter what I do, after hot shower it feels ok for a while, but after that feels terrible. At least I don't have any cravings, just want to this all end already.

You should try quetiapine for sleep it's great. 20mg loepramide is such a low dose that I don't think it has any effect, 36mg would be minimum dose to have any effect.