• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD for weed withdrawals: amazing miracle cure!

St3ve

Bluelighter
Hi guys, just posting this here because I could find surprisingly few experiences of people using CBD to stave off marijuana withdrawals. I've been a daily smoker for over 8 years and have in that time had to stop for a few days/weeks several times. Each time I had to deal with body temperature fluctuations, anxiety, sweats, severe insomnia (followed by a period of very intense dreams), stomach discomfort, complete loss of appetite, nausea and most of all irritability and anger outbursts.

I'm now on day 4 of being without weed and have been taking CBD 3x times daily (10 drops of 5% raw CBD oil). I'm amazed with how well it gets rid of nearly all the withdrawal symptoms. The only thing it doesn't seem to help with is the loss of appetite, but that I don't mind so much as I could do with losing a few kilos anyway. It kills the irritability and anxiety (imo the wort parts of weed withdrawal) and although it is a little harder to fall asleep than usual I am still sleeping. I remember in the past it would take me 2-4 days of virtually no sleep before being able to have a solid night. Oddly enough I've also not experienced the incredibly vivid dreams I usually get when stopping weed.

Anyway, anyone else used CBD for weed withdrawals with success? If not, I'd strongly recommend it for anyone needing to go through a detox!

sounds like a good idea :).

i never really use anything for weed withdrawal but i also have not stopped in a while

I mean aren't you just technically tapering? CBD is also psychoactive, so isn't it possible your body is also dependent on CBD and you're just killing withdrawal with little doses of said dependent substance?

Just a theory, didn't even know weed withdrawal was a thing. And I was a HEAVY daily smoker for 3 years and quit cold turkey not to long ago with no ill effects.

**shrug**

CBD has a low binding affinity for CB1 receptors; it's not psychoactive.

I used CBD dominant oil to come off of a heavy oil habit. It was about a 15:1 (CBD to THC) ratio so I was only getting a few percentages in THC as apposed to the typical 75%+ THC I was using daily. After about 3 grams of the CBD dominant oil I simply jumped to smoking very small amounts of flower very easily. I'm currently stable on small amounts of flower however I am looking into CBD dominant flowers soon to jump off of that as well.

I agree with the OP that CBD helps a lot with the anxiety but not so much with the appetite, in my experience.

body temperature fluctuations, anxiety, sweats, severe insomnia (followed by a period of very intense dreams), stomach discomfort, complete loss of appetite, nausea and most of all irritability and anger outbursts.
hmmm...sounds familiar.

I'm now on day 4 of being without weed and have been taking CBD 3x times daily (10 drops of 5% raw CBD oil). I'm amazed with how well it gets rid of nearly all the withdrawal symptoms. The only thing it doesn't seem to help with is the loss of appetite, but that I don't mind so much as I could do with losing a few kilos anyway. It kills the irritability and anxiety (imo the wort parts of weed withdrawal) and although it is a little harder to fall asleep than usual I am still sleeping. I remember in the past it would take me 2-4 days of virtually no sleep before being able to have a solid night. Oddly enough I've also not experienced the incredibly vivid dreams I usually get when stopping weed.

Anyway, anyone else used CBD for weed withdrawals with success? If not, I'd strongly recommend it for anyone needing to go through a detox!

Interesting report. Not sure if I'd benefit this way, but thanks for the report.

I mean aren't you just technically tapering? CBD is also psychoactive, so isn't it possible your body is also dependent on CBD and you're just killing withdrawal with little doses of said dependent substance?

Just a theory, didn't even know weed withdrawal was a thing. And I was a HEAVY daily smoker for 3 years and quit cold turkey not to long ago with no ill effects.

**shrug**

CBD is an antagonist. Not going to get you high on its own.

While I'm aware some placebo effect can't be ruled out there's enough science out there to back up that CBD has properties that aid in reducing the effects of THC withdrawal. Prolonged and repeated exposure to THC causes CB1 receptor downregulation, CBD by whatever mechanism has been reported to cause CB1 receptor upregulation and also inhibits the metabolism of naturally occurring endocannabinoids. In other words, it makes up for the "deficit" of cannabinoid signalling that's present when you remove a stoner's daily dose of THC. On top of that it has anxiolytic and antidepressant effects that reduce the anxiety and depressive thoughts caused by THC withdrawal. It also has effects on the 5HT1A receptor which can reduce the influence of use triggers (eg. stoner friends, seeing your bong on the table, certain songs/tv shows, etc).

it's also a mu opioid receptor positive modulator, allthough I don't know how much of an effect this property has...

Thats good info thanks.

If I'm smoking everyday I learnt to always cut down slowly before having a long break.

Hav had many times like you described!

didn't even know weed withdrawal was a thing. And I was a HEAVY daily smoker for 3 years and quit cold turkey not to long ago with no ill effects.

**shrug**

Its really not but apparently some folks get them so its better to be compassionate than discount their struggle.

A personal reality is still a form of reality