Melanotan 2 Question

Lacquerman Steve

Greenlighter
A question for those using Melanotan II:

Most of what I've read about MT II suggests that a "normal" dosing schedule is .5mg/day for about 2 weeks, then .5mg/wk for tan maintenance. Then, at about day 5, begin adding UV dosing (sun tanning, whether in a tanning bed/booth or in natural sun, to "develop" the melanin crystals and create a nice, dark bronze tan). I've also read that MT II has a biological half-life of 33 hours or so - using that number, I see that the "normal" dosing schedule results in a slow buildup of MT II over two weeks to a near steady-state range of 0.76mg(pre dose) to 1.26mg(post dose) every day.

The reason for waiting 5 days to commence UV dosing seems to be twofold - first, it takes a little time to make new melanin after introduction of MT II, and second, once UV dosing starts, it develops(i.e., darkens/"bronzes") the melanin that has already formed... and then the developed melanin begins to inhibit the development of subsequently formed melanin.

So... my question: Given the dynamics of tanning and its dependence on / reaction to UV exposure, is frontloading still a bad idea with respect to MT II? I mean, it looks like the "normal" dosing schedule is a frontloaded schedule anyway... I don't know if there is a "right" answer here, I'm just interested in opinions, observations and experiences...

In any case, I'll find out soon enough - based on the half-life and accumulation calcs I did, I decided to frontload MT II at 1.25mg, then finish the first week at .25mg/day, then going to .25/wk for maintenance, with UV dosing beginning on day 3.

(FWIW, I'm injecting subQ, not IM or IV. I experienced one NRB (no-reason boner) along with much yawning and stretching about 4 hours after the first dose. None of that since (this is day 3), but appetite is suppressed somewhat, and I am feeling slightly more energetic overall. Also, my vision actually seems slightly improved, in contrast to all reports I've seen of vision sides. I never experienced any nausea at any time except when a needle was actually in me (which is my normal reaction to any hypodermic needle...))

I moved your post into its own thread, as the thread about frontloading AAS is unrelated to MT2.

I don't think there is a 'right' answer, as you speculate, because we've not enough controlled studies looking at different protocols.

I start tanning the day after my first MT2 shot (which is only 150mcg) - whatever upregulation is going on happens fast enough for it to have an effect on me despite the low concentration. I could never frontload it though, as it would make me incredibly unwell/sick.

Thanks for the move!

Just about every comment I've read anywhere - including a few video testimonials on YouTube - said that early doses above 1mg (more or less) produce nausea. I had no nausea whatsoever at 1.25mg... guess I just got lucky!

Depends on your source. I've been using a different brand and have had lackluster results at 500-750mcg/day. No nausea, no warming flush, very little in the boner department when usually at that dose I feel hot, sweating bullets, sick as a dog, random boners all day but get tan. I've had very little in tanning improvement.

My source was from the UK - I think I can say that much here...
I definitely had a nice boner going - it woke me up a couple times that night, still chubby the next morning. "Nice" is a relative term though.. at 50y/o, I've been starting to have trouble in that area from confirmed BPH - I know MT2 works in the brain to trigger NRB's, which means it doesn't address (but apparently it can overpower) the physiological issue caused by the BPH (i.e., too much PDE5). No hot flash or sweating bullets - but I'd just had that a couple days earlier when I accidentally combined Gabapentin and Zoloft (NEVER do that!). I definitely had plenty of the yawning & stretching thing - so I'm pretty sure I have a good source. The tanning bed will prove it one way or the other - didn't make it there today, maybe tomorrow..

One difference might be that I reconstituted mine with 2ml bac water, for a concentration of 5mg/ml. Maybe, by injecting twice as much water per dose, I slowed absorption by half and attenuated some of the symptoms.

150-200mcg has usually been my nausea threshold, and I also reconstitute at the same concentration as you. There was one occasion when it was clearly poor quality because I felt very little, but most other times have felt nausea/flush. I don't use anymore due to freckling issues.

MT 2 is one of those things that you dont want to over do.... It just looks weird when you get too dark ie.. tan mom

I did 2.5 mg over a couple weeks back in April and still have a great tan going. I'd ease into it and give it time to kick in.
I think MT2 is one of the easier to make and still cheap Peptides, I bet most of it out there is real