• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I think were living 'the truman show' (media controlled reality)

Having not read others' replies yet because I don't want them to color my response: I have said more than a few times in the last year or so when in my most intuitive states (read: tripping) that we have been Truman Show'd. And it's not just the sense that perhaps some extradimensional entity is recording and decoding my neural patterns, or that an extraterrestrial has implanted a device that allows them to see what I am seeing, read my thoughts *and even transmit responses back to me*, or that this is all a simulation and my data readout is being analyzed by our gods, one of 7.4 billion channels to tune into...aside from those hypotheticals, Humanity is LITERALLY Truman Show'ing itself with its Surveillance State, a voyeuristic culture of TV watching itself, algorithms monitoring all of our online movements and God knows what else.

The last explanation which is at least as equally plausible as any of the others is that I'm just tripping and there is some type of mental feedback loop, or that one part of my consciousness sees another part of my consciousness as something separate, hence the feeling that I'm being observed or that I'm receiving signals from something outside myself. I like to entertain all possible realities; it's a little safer to play that way when contemplating such insanities.

Edit- OK this thread was kind of going in a different direction that I was thinking initially, but to that degree I agree we live (in the 'first world') inside a 'matrix control system' as I have seen it called, and that ties in to how I mentioned humanity is Truman Showing itself through surveillance and privacy erosion, attempting to exactly engineer society's conditions in a 'white picket fence' box through specific 'sanctioned' indoctrination, social programming it could be called, a lot of it through the media, news etc.

Last edited:
We're witnessing a division. I see people who are very entrenched in the narratives promoted by the establishment and the mainstream media. It reminds me of the Matrix as they do fight to protect it, while often experiencing extreme cognitive dissonance. They will then project and claim that people who have conflicting opinions are experiencing what they are experiencing instead. It is kinda fascinating to watch as it is often very intelligent people that fall into this trap. I believe it's a combination of tribalism (fear of going against the status quo) and ego-protection.

It depends really on how you define intelligence - just because someone has a degree/s or a high IQ is no guarantee that they will pick up on things that display contradictory or conflicting assets. It takes self-awareness, confidence to stand alone and in the face of mass opinion, as well as having the mental capacity to hold that potentiality in your mind as being true. A lot of people just don't have that capacity, not because they're defective in any way but simply because it's like a natural safety valve and protection mechanism.. the same principle can be found all along the line way into spiritual concerns.. certain mental constructs or revelations only come when you have the capacity to receive it.

Where I agree with spacejunk is that most conspiracies are bullshit. This is for a reason. You can easily throw people off by disseminating misinformation, half-truths, misrepresenting claims etc. Many conspiracy theorists fall into the trap of jumping on every conspiracy without thorough investigation and they do a great disservice to legitimate truth-seekers and their cause. It allows people to easily discredit you: "If you genuinely question the official story you are one of the crazy ones"

One should always be highly suspicious about the motivations of anyone other than themselves. It's just a fact of life that people do conspire for their own benefit, sometimes directly in dark smokey rooms.. other times just over lunch at the country club.. or perhaps at a fraternal or secret society meeting. Other times it just happens without any real intention on their part, or the institutions they belong to sort of have their own malign influence that seems to become almost tangible, motivating them in a certain direction.

9/11 is an interesting one. If you believe the official story 100% then you are one of the seriously entrenched minds in the system. Polls show most Americans are suspicious of the official story and with good reason. There are multiple reports from eye-witnesses on the ground that there were explosions in the lobbies of the buildings. Firefighters, police and even early mainstream media video reports stated this. That would explain the buildings easily collapsing. This is the most obvious with WTC 7, watching that building fall is surreal. One theory is that the 4th plane that crashed in the field was actually headed for Building 7. No plane hit but they had to "pull it" (in the words of Larry Silverstein).

There's just way too much smoke on this one for there not to be any fire at all. It is ridiculous. Again, it's why its my personal litmus test for determining whether someone has a base level of intelligence (according to my own definition of the term).

9/11 is an interesting one. If you believe the official story 100% then you are one of the seriously entrenched minds in the system. Polls show most Americans are suspicious of the official story and with good reason. . . . If you genuinely question the official story you are one of the crazy ones . . . if you believe the official narrative matches what you saw on the screen then you're a fucking gullible retard . . .people beginning to question the official story of the JFK assassination . . . Officially disseminated narratives should not override logic but I'm seeing a lot of that lately . . . Then there are the people that are starting to question the official stories of government/globalist mouthpieces . . .

I just noticed this scanning the thread and staying on OP's epistemological topic: one thing in common among the pro-conspirators is a sense of remote authority. They give a lot of weight to perceived authority, and watch it suspiciously. Well, one should, but then it keeps going. Someone must be "in charge" of that politician or news anchor. Someone's always in charge, right? So each deeper cabal has an authority over it too, because that's how things work, until you reach the final authority. We'll call him (sorry cdugs, it has to be male) The Official.

Contrasted to my understanding of how the universe works: it's random people. Sometimes fanatics hijack planes and fly them into buildings that then catch fire, weaken and collapse. No authority was involved. Politicians cried and gave speeches and handed the keys to W, and they did it all on their own.

Some One is in Charge
Vs. nobody's running this shitshow.
Religion
Vs. Secular

The concept of "official story" or "official narrative" could also be penned "consensus story/narrative". It's not about a singular authority figure but about a singular idea/belief propagated by a mass of individuals, thus becoming an/the authority.

The concept of "official story" or "official narrative" could also be penned "consensus story/narrative". It's not about a singular authority figure but about a singular idea/belief propagated by a mass of individuals, thus becoming an/the authority.

I'd take that answer anywhere but this thread. The problem is, you still allege a secret Authority that planted these "consensus" views. So in your theory, it's not really a consensus view, it's still the view of The Official.

I do allege "authorities" - not the right word - higher agendas that we have no awareness of exist, yes. However, I don't see how believing in hidden agendas is synonymous with believing that every individual in related and tangentially used parties and entities are "in on it" though.

You seem to have the same perception my best friend has. That the belief in higher, hidden agendas is inherently correlated with the belief that many, many people are in on it. And thus, a massive cover up impossible due to the likes of human nature and our inability to keep quiet. The truth as I see it is that there are core, guiding agendas/energies that unsuspecting parties unwittingly play into due to their greed, arrogance, and ignorance. I don't in any way believe the government as a whole is against the people, us vs them. But I do think we are being intentionally and malevolently manipulated through forces that even those we see as committing the atrocities are unaware of.

". . . we are being intentionally and malevolently manipulated through forces . . ."

That sounds an awful lot like an Evil Official to me.
I would say that belief in higher, hidden agendas--you know, misleading governments into malevolent atrocities--requires that many, many people are in on it. Your friend is pointing out a blank spot in your theories: the IT guy who sets up the red phone, the pet groomer who brushes The Official's cat. Long before that douche Snowden copied some PowerPoint, a cable installer blew the whistle on ATT and NSA when he wondered about the sheer magnitude of bandwidth being drawn into a locked floor.

AND, it doesn't require that these people are correct in knowing what the "end game" (?) is, but they all know it's at least fishy. I mean middle authorities are going to be straining ethical and moral boundaries, breaking the law constantly, even if they never get to meet The Man. Serious risks. Things that might leave you open to extortion. Things you would prepare an "in case of contract" for, like asylum after blowing the whistle.

Speaking of Armageddon, surely you have a theory about the end game? What is The Official going to gain?

Many, many replies come to mind. Unfortunately I have no desire to continue the conversation. I'm really not in a place to be spending the time and effort to discuss this at the moment.

Please don't take this as a lack of desire for true debate and questioning of one's beliefs, I don't concede this conversation in fear of being proven wrong. I just simply don't have the energy to argue my views right now.

All the best Scrofula. You don't shy from critical thinking and reason, I appreciate that.

I just noticed this scanning the thread and staying on OP's epistemological topic: one thing in common among the pro-conspirators is a sense of remote authority. They give a lot of weight to perceived authority, and watch it suspiciously. Well, one should, but then it keeps going. Someone must be "in charge" of that politician or news anchor. Someone's always in charge, right? So each deeper cabal has an authority over it too, because that's how things work, until you reach the final authority. We'll call him (sorry cdugs, it has to be male) The Official.

All the mainstream media is owned by a small number of people and censorship is often in effect. That is just a reality. Wikileaks showed how the MSM outlets were colluding with the Clinton camp during the election, for example.

Contrasted to my understanding of how the universe works: it's random people. Sometimes fanatics hijack planes and fly them into buildings that then catch fire, weaken and collapse. No authority was involved. Politicians cried and gave speeches and handed the keys to W, and they did it all on their own.

Fanatics who fly planes do not just easily penetrate the most heavily-guarded and militarily-sophisticated nation-state in the world. The fact that the subsequent investigations were more of a coverup and that nobody was really held accountable was suspicious too. If the US was genuinely attacked by foreign terrorists, then you would expect the most detailed and painstaking investigations that we've ever seen but that is not what eventuated.

I really just left off with a genuine question.

I really would like to know when you think The Official will complete his evil work, and what grand machination will be revealed.

ETA: ^that's a response to psy977
And I'll probably be around, any time you want to share. Or, it's a forum, you can post the answers anytime.

Let a 28-year Congressional staff member explain it for you:

http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/anatomy-of-the-deep-state/

There is the visible government situated around the Mall in Washington, and then there is another, more shadowy, more indefinable government that is not explained in Civics 101 or observable to tourists at the White House or the Capitol. The former is traditional Washington partisan politics: the tip of the iceberg that a public watching C-SPAN sees daily and which is theoretically controllable via elections. The subsurface part of the iceberg I shall call the Deep State, which operates according to its own compass heading regardless of who is formally in power.

All the mainstream media is owned by a small number of people and censorship is often in effect. That is just a reality. Wikileaks showed how the MSM outlets were colluding with the Clinton camp during the election, for example.

How does that have anything to do with the quote you took?

Fanatics who fly planes do not just easily penetrate the most heavily-guarded and militarily-sophisticated nation-state in the world. The fact that the subsequent investigations were more of a coverup and that nobody was really held accountable was suspicious too. If the US was genuinely attacked by foreign terrorists, then you would expect the most detailed and painstaking investigations that we've ever seen but that is not what eventuated.

Would fanatics who don't fly planes "penetrate" easier? We know how they got in, through customs like everyone else. "More of a coverup" is not a fact, it's not even an allegation--"The fact that it seemed shady to me" would be accurate.

Your argument is:
I didn't like the pace of the investigations.
If it happened like they said, there'd be more "intense" investigation.
Therefore it's all a lie.

It also precipitated two wars that are still going over fifteen years later.

And really, you don't need much to know what happened: hijackers crashed their planes into buildings that later collapsed.
I tried to tell people right after when the bloodlust was high, "you can't go get them, they died already in those planes! The 19 wanted criminals are all dead."

Nah, let's go invade and occupy two countries that had nothing to do with anything.

I really just left off with a genuine question.

I really would like to know when you think The Official will complete his evil work, and what grand machination will be revealed.

There is no The Official, there is no evil work, and there is no grand machination to be revealed.

You imagine my words in a completely different framework than they are spoken. Unfortunately, I am currently at a loss for words as to how to reconcile the two. There is a major misalignment on a deep level between our understandings. This is not meant to harm or insult.

And really, you don't need much to know what happened: hijackers crashed their planes into buildings that later collapsed.
I tried to tell people right after when the bloodlust was high, "you can't go get them, they died already in those planes! The 19 wanted criminals are all dead."

Nah, let's go invade and occupy two countries that had nothing to do with anything.

This world is not one of isolated instances but of interconnected phenomena.

There is no The Official, there is no evil work, and there is no grand machination to be revealed..

But that would mean we're in agreement.

But "evil" is your word. Or actually: "". . . we are being intentionally and malevolently manipulated through forces . . ."" All I want to know, besides how you know this, is WHO is doing it? And WHY?

I mean, presumably they're mortal men, not a deity that you can say works beyond the minds of men and dismiss. Flesh and blood humans with a life expectancy. Why the wars and faking building collapses with fake jet fuel? You must have thought that part through. Where do they work, and live and all that?

If you changed your mind about it, that's OK too.

take a breath. i missed that. i agree the collapse of wtc 7 is suspicious.

i don't think that at all. please don't devalue the discussion by putting words in my mouth.

OK apologies, I assumed you had read correctly what I wrote and were making a dig. My bad. It's good you recognize that the collapse of wtc 7 is suspicious though. I still can't believe it sometimes, how things like that just get forgotten to history.. it screams of foul play, or at the very least that perhaps being a government building they had it pre-wired for some sort of emergency demolition scenario.. either way it's crazy. I was only 14/15 at the time and it completely shattered my trust in consensus belief.. I never got it back.

It does feel like those moments in the Truman show when he's realized he's being fucked with and starts to test the actor who plays his wife. Like hello?!, are you seeing the same thing I'm seeing here?!

Should I modify my question, then, from who is The Official to who is playing Ed Harris here?

(You'll remember the entire Earth was in on it compared to Jim Carrey.)

WTC 7 was the smoking gun IMO...refusing to recognise that means you believe what 'they' say with a little too much faith.

As for the 'evil' commentary, its really hard to discern, my intuition says malevolent, but in the grand scheme of things, light and dark is just a construct of duality, everything has an effect on what is at least greyscale spectrum, or even a full-color spectrum which makes intentions even harder to discern. We can only guess what the real intentions are...we had to admit there may be something much deeper going on than appears on any surface...another 'Truman Show' effect.

OK, these probably evil people, who have to have a boss, right? live/work in a facility somewhere. At least each of the ones on the board, the generals or capos, has a mansion. They can't all be in an Arlington townhouse. (And I say "these people" @vortech, because you used the word "they" up there, although you added single-scare quotes.)

We don't know how they do what they do, why they do it, where they are, or who they are, basically, but we do know all of those things happen somehow.

Which brings me back to Invisible Authority v. Nobody Running the Show.
We don't know all the details or the reasons behind a catastrophic event: "mysterious ways of The Official" or "you got hit by a bus, man, bad luck"