• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

SSRI intolerance and MDMA

Rebelfae

Greenlighter
I read a whole thread about people on SSRI's and taking MDMA but can't find anything for someone with an intolerance to SSRI's - like complete intolerance. Well below any therapeutic dosage and can't leave the bathroom, much less the house, due to GI issues - like having food poisoning - the kind where pepto won't do anything. This goes for ALL SSRI's - From the original - Prozac to the newest Celexa. Thus far the only antidepressant that didn't cause issues is Wellbutrin. Also a natural tolerance to Xanax and the like. Mostly just want to know about the SSRI's though because no one wants to be physically sick an entire trip.

Yes. Taking any mind-altering medication (including those perscribed) have risks. And yes. There would be a sober sitter present.

Thanks for any info.

But why would you wanna mix mdma with an ssri if you don't have to? It practically cancels the mdma..

But why would you wanna mix mdma with an ssri if you don't have to? It practically cancels the mdma..

The question doesn't involve the combinations of the two; rather the intolerance of a prescribed SSRI as an indicator of intolerance of MDMA. If someone actually can not take any SSRI's (extreme side effects at below therapeutic dosages that do not dissipate - even after months) - I need to know if taking MDMA would cause a really undesirable physical reaction.

Without knowing what exactly makes him react it's almost impossible to tell.. You'd have to find that out first..

Without knowing what exactly makes him react it's almost impossible to tell.. You'd have to find that out first..

That's a bit of a challenge for a non-chemistry gal so I'll just have to insist that his first try of this drug is a dosage below the low dosage range for his height/weight/gender and other variables I know of with him.

As said that's hard to tell, but what you suggest seems best. First take a dose that's below active, like 30mg or something and see if that causes any issues. Go from there, if it doesn't cause issues, take a very low active dose on first try, about 1mg/kg body weight with pure MDMA and see what that does. And again, go from there. Be sure to test your drugs by the way

MDMA releases serotonin and an SSRI also increases serotonin levels in the brain. A big part of the serotonin present in the human body is found in the intestines. I wonder if that has anything to do with this. Just speculation though, I have no medical background