Back again with tests

WillM

Greenlighter
24.5/M/5'10/195 (Lifted for 9+ years, 4 serious)

Hello again Bluelight bros.

I had my bloods checked a few weeks back and just got into the followup with my general practitioner. He seemed super vague in his interpretation of my results, I was hoping one of you knowledgable bros could shed some light on a few things for me. (I did my damnest googling but not finding something relevant).

My previous total test was in the bucket at 350ish last year on my initial bloods I took to set the bar, planning on getting them annually. They've shot up to 556 as of last week, which is pretty great. My question is concerning Free Test being under the line at 8.0 of 9.3-26.5, from what I understood the ranges of both free and total should somewhat correlate or at least be in the space of eachother.

Here's some screenshots of the bloods in question, away from the free vs total question, How am I looking? :) You guys probably(definitely) have more experience looking at a healthy active individuals bloods compared to my doctor that apparently only works with overweight and sedentary types. (It was ridiculous)

https://puu.sh/wv0Rc/c686ec167c.png
https://puu.sh/wv0Qi/279535a82e.png
https://puu.sh/wv0Zh/c389c2ff10.png

Update: This is ridiculous but I followed the interpetation past year of my doctor in him verbally telling me my test level last year, before I knew what exactly to get specifically tested other than test. So disregard the 350. My test back then and now is around 570. Maybe he was reading the wrong sheet...? Regardless.. rate my bloods and still wondering on free vs total. Thanks!

Your bloods seem mostly fine; LDL is a bit poor but not terrible. Yes your free test is a bit low (possibly due to high SHBG - which isn't shown on your test), but the more important point is how do you feel? If fine, then there's no problem.

Good all considering, stress isn't out of the realm of possibility causing high SHBG. I do have spikes of irrational frustration at times, but usually later in the day and I assumed just caused by training clients all morning into afternoon after my own workout then doing group classes outside in the texas heat. Nothing super ragey. Live-in girlfriend's mother is a suicidal mess and we're funding her existence which is the cause of her and my stress mostly, rough catch-22 situation. Either way. I'm able to execute my job and workouts without a hitch, my sleep could be better quality but it gets the job done(8-9 hours, just quality is a bit low).

I'm all about optimization so that's really where my curiosity comes down to numbers.

Thanks CFC

Hematocrit and RBC are starting to get on the high end, so maybe donate blood soon.

Liver looks good.

Cholesterol needs attention, don't take that lightly and try and get those numbers within range as soon as possible.

Your free testosterone number is not ideal, but that could be due to a number of things in which you didn't test for. SHBG could be elevated etc.. I pay more attention to my free test number as that is mostly the number that matters so to speak in regards to libido and muscle growth.

Good to see your TT number has increased, 556 isn't bad but since you're 24 a higher number would be expected.

I'm assuming you're not on any gear and haven't ran any in the past? or what's your history/any current meds you are on?

As CFC said, as long as you're feeling good for the most part and making decent gains then I wouldn't seek anything like TRT at this time. All these levels can fluctuate greatly within as little as a day. But keep an eye on the cholesterol, RBC, Hematocrit, and always good to monitor BP.

Fair fair, I got you. I appreciate the readout.

I have not run any gear in the past, nor am I. No meds, no issues other than a few broken bones during childhood. Initially, I wanted to run a cycle to see where I could have been if I supplemented to "normal" levels for my age, with the knowledge prior that my test was at 350(doc messed up last year, wasn't the case). Since I discovered I've been at 550-570 since my first test last year the want to run a cycle has pretty much faded. Like I said I'm all about optimization overall, and want to be an example for my clients and trainers under me(opening a facility in 2-3 months), the vision of health is pretty much what i'm shooting for, and have been for years and years.

On another note I was actually really surprised by the cholesterol numbers, I eat a clean clean diet. Probs food choice, very odd.

Last edited: